Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Relocating For The Over 45 Crowd.....      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ROBB_IN_RENO
Msg: 1
Relocating For The Over 45 Crowd.....Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Would you move and relocate for love and the real deal ?
I now at older ages it can be more difficult cause of being
so fixed in our lives with family, homes, jobs, and the like.
On the other hand, some of us who have retired early in
life and have no ties to their home or family can easily pick
up & go. Seem to be the problem in long distance relationships.
 brisco414
Msg: 2
Relocating For The Over 45 Crowd.....
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:08:45 PM
Yes I would. I'm very close to early retirement.

So under the right circumstances ...Absolutely.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:15:19 PM
No, no and hell no.

I did that one time. I was back within 6 months. People can hide all sorts of craziness when you only see them once or twice a month. I disrupted my entire life for this guy only to discover that he had another girlfriend in the town he lived in. I'm still not quite sure how he thought he was going to pull that off. And being that he wasn't that great in the sack, most of the time he was dealing with 2 pissed off women ;)
 DragonBits
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:17:35 PM
Sure, no problem to relocate.

In 2010 I was seriously considering moving to Thailand for a year or two just to date, not because of a relationship.

I can trade on the Internet from anywhere, rent and living expenses are cheap there, so it wouldnt cost all that much. I can always return to Chicago if I get tired of it.

I don't have a structure that I have to upset if I move.
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 5
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:39:13 PM
No. I just DID relocate, for health reasons, and the benefits are incredible. If anyone has to relocate, it'll have to be him.

Unless I'd be relocating to another moderately high-altitude and extremely low-humidity area. Then yes.
 Hanoverfella
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:40:15 PM
Sure thing! My boys are adults and almost out on their own, and then I can sell the house, and move wherever there's work and my soulmate.
 ROBB_IN_RENO
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:42:26 PM
ps...excuse my typos on iPhone, no ability to edit
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/11/2013 1:58:13 PM
Only if it was somewhere I already wanted to move, or there was a good job prospect there (or I was independently wealthy).
 ironwinecoffee
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:11:41 PM
I did relocate because of marriage. I am not sure I would do it again. In my specific situation I ended up in a place I would not have selected on my own so I think that plays into it. My plan is actually to move closer to my mother because I am an only child and while she is in good health that may change. So in the next few years I will venture closer to where I came from. I definitely think relocating can in fact work for many people under the right circumstances.
 TheCoolGreenMoss
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:42:19 PM
Yes - I might - have certainly done it for lesser (less personal at least) reasons.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:46:12 PM
I'm considering it now.

It's in a place I've always considered, though. I would not move to certain places, just because of "love."
 flaneur001
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:48:48 PM
Yes. I currently living in Toronto and I'm dating someone in San Francisco. Currently we've been commuting monthly. I'm shifting some aspects of work to accommodate spending time with my amour. I'm winding down one piece of my work that requires spending face time in Toronto and I'm taking a 3 month sabatical next winter and we will go from there. I'm considering buying a retirement home in Mexico so we can split our time between each of our places.
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/11/2013 2:52:19 PM
There's not much I wouldn't do for the REAL DEAL...

With all the technological advancements, it's easy to keep in touch with people you may leave behind...

sure like one of those ankle bracelets they used to make Martha Stewart wear. keep track of that SOB, make sure he doesn't have a girlfriend back in town at the same time he's waiting on you to sell the farm way out there in eastern bumfuk. that would make me SO mad!

i'd have to think about it. i don't have any ties to this place, but i really like it here. my job is delightfully portable, so in theory the answer is yes, i'd do it. but NO i will not move to new jersey, or back to maryland, or anywhere close to the district of columbia. why YES i WILL move to new zealand, thank you for asking! how soon would you like me to be there?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2013 3:02:43 PM
Not me, but that's because of my special circumstances. Not any objection to moving and shaking per se.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/11/2013 3:17:04 PM
No sorry, I can't. I've thought about this before and everything that is important to me is right here. He would have to come to me.

I make every effort to only date men within my own city. I have made a couple of exceptions to meet for dinner when they were in the city but I also let them know that I am quite happy living in Calgary. :)

...mae
 Freudian
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2013 3:24:21 PM
I love my little oasis in the desert, and plan to be planted here someday. Besides, I'm about half way through building the bunker and the generators being delivered in a week or so. I still have the diesel tanks and solar array to install, but the container full of dehydrated food has arrived and I should be able to fit it all in the bunker when it's finished.

Strange, I remind myself of the movie 'Tremors' for some reason....
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2013 4:01:50 PM
I've been here for over a quarter century.
I've never lived in any place any where near that long before.
As I mention in my profile I have plans to return to my beloved Appalachians. My only hitch is not knowing when. Hopefully before I die.
There are places I would not move to. I've spent time in all the contiguous states and lived on both coasts, in Dixie and up north (where I was born).
Ya know, I would like to pick up a little bit of drawl again. Something about hearing a few y'alls every once in a while that's refreshing. And, while I wouldn't discriminate too drastically, I do have fond memories of southern ladies.

TK
[yeah, I'm a hillbilly, but sound like a midwesterner (unless I get flustered)]
 New_Page
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/11/2013 4:13:25 PM
I just relocated from Saskatchewan to Vancouver Island for work - left behind my kids/grandkids - friends from 52 years of living in the same city (except for first 12 which were just outside the city). I thought of it as a new start, a chance to think about retirement in a much better climate :) ---- But would I relocate for the Real Deal? Maybe - if I was sure it was the real deal :), but I would have to be retired and have my pension settled before I would give it up - especially since it is so close :) I can't imagine throwing financial security to the wind for love :(
 ForRumOnly
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2013 4:21:19 PM
Not only would I - I did. That was when I was 46. It was a great decision as it worked out wonderfully.
 chrisknew
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/11/2013 4:25:22 PM
yup.. I would move for love in a heartbeat. I did it more than once, and each time its been an amazing adventure. I've actually been contemplating going back to an old flame who lives in another country..ahh yes, time will tell
 love2laugh130
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/11/2013 4:25:44 PM
I would not. He would have to come to me. I am close to my family and my kids.

I only date those that are within 45 min of me. Some men have wanted to date me that lived farther, I said "Are you willing to move?" They said "We will cross that bridge when we get there." I said "No, why go through the hurt?" It's just a personal choice.
 hounddoug
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/11/2013 4:33:13 PM
No, I will never move again for a woman. Been there, done that, my own stupidity, and I paid the price in more ways than just emotionally. If I ever decide to move somewhere it will be because I want to live there and no woman is waiting for me. Now, if I meet someone after I've moved ...
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/11/2013 4:44:11 PM
Yes, I would relocate for the man I love. Only if we have been dating for at least a year, love each other and plan to move in together.

I want to stay in the West for the fabulous hiking and proximity to my daughter, age 23, who lives in Seattle.
 Lanie098
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/11/2013 5:24:33 PM
Agree 100% completely_incomplete.
 deere_rancher
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2013 6:34:54 PM
At this point in my life it would be difficult to move with a substantial loss of revenue,
but I do plan to relocate after retirement , where ? IDK, somewhere really wonderful, I hope
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Relocating For The Over 45 Crowd.....