Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What I've noticed first coming onto this sight      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PariahSnake
Msg: 1
What I've noticed first coming onto this sightPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I'll just put this out hear: EVERYBODY HEAR IS ANXOUS (and yes, this does not exclude me).

people try to cover it up (with real or imaginary things of affirmation) with smiling pictures, confident emoticons, sarcasm, bikini shots, shirtless pics, saying self-affirmaitions of being outgoing, saying how cool there life is, what they have accomplished, and you know what?

Its all right!

Everybody, those who are on this sight, those who aren't members, those in other countries, everybody. the problem is is that everybody is too prideful to admit this (I still have difficulties) and too afraid of having there sense of self worth come into question by risking getting to know somebody. they are afraid of failing, while failing is a sigh healthy sign that your aren't just sitting on your ass doing nothing.

I myself am well aware that I'm putting myself out there, because all that failure is is a setback or an opportunity to learn and explore a different path. by all means, don't take my advise as good advise, this is just what I find helpful and god knows I'm still learning.

Okay, enough of that touchy feeling stuff, hear some advice (and you troll that throw tomatoes at me, I'll just make soup out of them).
Men: the whole mocho-Hey-bady stuff isn't liked because one, it's crude; two, it's so scripted. Liven your messages up a little and ad your own personal flavor! Sure, you might get shot down, but that just tells you thats it's ether not the flavor for your, or it just isn't to her own personal taste. Also, Be appropriately playful, don't try to impress her, let her feel comfortable with you. And if you end up upsetting somebody, the genuinely Apolagies and let them know that it wasn't intentional.
Women: from what I observed, women are reluctant to initiate something because then it would supposedly mean that your not pretty/sexy/beautiful enough for mean to come up and just ask you, therefore indicating that your the one who is more desperate. well guess what ladies: men have the same fears in reverse, they feel that if they go up to a women and get rejected, everybody else with think that the doesn't have the magic touch to make women swoon over him. want to know something? men LOVE it when a girl initiates a conversation. it make them feel appreciate (yes, we men like to feel appreciated as well).
To both: when meeting somebody you like, making them feel comfortable around you should be the top priority. as for people who don't get it right the first time, don't treat them like crap, because they are more likely to do it worst the next time. I also believe that the way you treat others is a reflection on how you'd view yourself if you were in that persons shoes.

Okay, just wanted to put that out there. Why?
...the elves made me do.

-cheers
 kalleea
Msg: 2
What I've noticed first coming onto this sight
Posted: 4/11/2013 11:18:08 PM

Okay, just wanted to put that out there. Why?
...the elves made me do.

You need to tell the "elves" it's : SITE...not "sight"
Then get those elves in jammies, give them warm milk, and put them to bed right away.
Hopefully "they" will feel better in the morning.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/11/2013 11:26:16 PM
"Hear ye, hear ye!"
"Here ye, here ye!"

Wait, it goes something like that...
 Sealady111
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/11/2013 11:26:23 PM
The problem with this 'sight' and everyone 'hear' is that 'there' spelling, grammar and capitalisation is poor.
i have no idea why.

Perhaps it is the elves.
Of course. (Slap self on head.)

I agree you are wrong and it is a generalisation.
There are all types of people on here.

Some of them are even what they say they are.

Some are seeking long term relationships, some nothing serious and just to hang out short term.

The circus stuff you do is pretty cool though.

DameWrite
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2013 11:33:58 PM
I'm not anxious at all and if I'm interested in someone, I'll message them.
It's a dating site, not a dentist visit.

btw making someone comfortable should not be and is not my top priority. Finding out if I like them is.

They can decide for themselves if they like me.

Get real OP, it's not as scary as you make it out. It's easy.

REAL gets you what you REALly want.
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 6
Posted: 4/11/2013 11:41:51 PM

Perhaps it is the elves.

Yep. Short little fingers. Can't learn to touch-type.
 Akatsukami
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2013 3:24:49 AM

The problem with this 'sight' and everyone 'hear' is that 'there' spelling, grammar and capitalisation is poor.
i have no idea why.

Perhaps it is the elves.

On the contrary; I have it on good authority that if you leave a bowl of milk and your manuscript out overnight, the elves will edit it for you.
 varyk
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/12/2013 3:42:27 AM
Just a suggestion, but a mighty fine one.... refrain from overgeneralizing! By doing so you are assuming way too much . If only life could be so simple and one could place an entire segment of users into a box and label it as you see fit. Unfortunately, life doesn't work that way. Time to get off that soapbox and try again.
 csamcsog
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/12/2013 4:32:44 AM
OP, generalizing and even overgeneralizing is okay, as long as you keep the possibility open for re-working your mental model of how the world in general, and the dating world in particular, works.

Nobody can ever get a model right, so perfectly to cover reality as for it to last in that formulation forever and not be proven false by the self or by others.

But it always starts, the building of theories and models, with generalization and with overgeneralization, so go wild, there is nothing wrong with that. As long as you relize that the first model that comes to you is not carved in stone, it is always a work in motion.

Other than that, what you wrote is pretty childish, off the mark, and you sound so full of yourself as if you think you are the first one to deal with this subject matter, and you assume that your insights are superior to those of others, because... the elves told you.

Well, others have twelves to tell them.

You're okay, if only a simpleton. You should get a government job, behind a desk, and do the same clerical routine every day until retirement, I think. This is not carved in stone, either, but one thing is sure, you'd not survive a day as a worker in the illegal drug trade.
 yerkiddinrite
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/12/2013 6:02:25 AM
Men: the whole mocho-Hey-bady stuff isn't liked because one, it's crude; two, it's so scripted.

Exactly what is mocho-Hey-bady anyway?
 csamcsog
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/12/2013 6:09:52 AM

It's the first thing that comes to mind to say when walking home at five in the morning, after many an unsuccessful and rather tiresome attempt at getting an erection, due to having got overinablriated, way above my head, and spotting something on the sidewalk that looks like a woman.
 shes_the_one
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/12/2013 6:11:44 AM
Ok, spelling aside (it has been pointed out extensively) where do you get your facts for this generalization? Are you a Psychology major? You've only been on this site for 6 days!
If you are basing your post on what you have read in the forums, keep in mind the vast majority of people on this site don't even come to the forums. Those that post here make up a relatively small percentage of the overall group.

Personally, I think you ought to stick with what you do best, being a circus performer. If you need advice or input, then ask! But, I would refrain from anymore generalizations about people you know very little about.
 csamcsog
Msg: 13
Posted: 4/12/2013 6:14:34 AM

What I said, except when it is written and read in the post of our celebrated OP in this thread.

If the latter, then it means, "Highly coveted beautiful lady, I respectfully and with no impure thoughts want to rummage away in your underpants," in a typical south Asian accent.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/12/2013 6:16:14 AM
Grammar grammer grammer.. I find it difficult to take anyone serious who does not know the difference between hear and here, site and sight and plays with elves. JMHO
 AquanGold
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/12/2013 6:17:59 AM
Op,
Before your ego gets the better of you i have one question.
It states on your profile you`re 24 years old. I`m very sorry, you look closer to 3o! Lesson #1, Be honest with yourself and profile!
As for how you perceive this sight, i suggest you take your ego down 1-3 Knotches before you get disappointed.
Good Luck.
 csamcsog
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/12/2013 6:18:06 AM
I find it difficult to take anyone serious who does not know the difference between hear and here, site and sight and plays with elves. JMHO

-------------

Yeah!! here, now , hear!!

Because real men play with selves, not elves.
 63T
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2013 6:25:05 AM
What?!?
There are elves on POF?
Well, that explains everything. We're being guided by elves. How did I miss that?
Do they like tomatoes?
 SunForSome
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/12/2013 6:31:08 AM
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

Have a little faith.
Dating is not as difficult or complicated as you make it out to be. I initiate things all the time... YES... the variable here is if it is something I want. Sure you can just hope that the things you want in life to magically pop into your life; however, it usually requires a little action on your part.
The truth is...the elves aren't going to help you with a thing. It's up to you.

Deadliest_Snatch
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/12/2013 6:37:18 AM
Maybe you can sue the college you attended for a return of your tuition fees.
 wolftxusa66
Msg: 20
Posted: 4/12/2013 6:44:10 AM
Here's a donation for your soup.
(throws tomato)
SPLAT!!!

I was anxious to do that.
 m8t
Msg: 21
Posted: 4/12/2013 6:58:12 AM
"No soup for you", lol... Im with Procol, and Wolfie on this one.
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 22
Posted: 4/12/2013 7:02:13 AM
Just who are you to us what's what. If I wanted your advice I would ask for it, which I won't. Your spelling is atrocious, it fact, it was the first thing I noticed. Says much about our current school systems. "the elves made me do it"...how dumb!
 Belluvthebawl
Msg: 23
Posted: 4/12/2013 7:12:49 AM
There IS spell check on POF!!! Yikes!!
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 24
Posted: 4/12/2013 7:14:08 AM
Where's the spell check...haven't seen it in a long time.
 ZombiezRock
Msg: 25
Posted: 4/12/2013 7:19:33 AM
Just ... hahahahahaha... hahahahahahahaha...... all I can think when I read this is.....why??????
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What I've noticed first coming onto this sight