Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Find -> Flirt -> Meet -> Friends -> Anything possible?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 3
Find -> Flirt -> Meet -> Friends -> Anything possible?Page 1 of 1    
Can not put a finger on what it is, from the whole "your fit/handsome", you look like your pic's - to this.

somewhere between points A and B, she put you in the friend zone. maybe it was something you said during that first date. maybe she just decided that "the real ads_uk" didn't sufficiently match the vision of you she had in her mind even though they superficially look the same. or maybe some other reason, who the hell knows, which is why you asked everyone you could think of and got a different answer, so now you're asking us for another different answer.

sorry i know what you want is something resembling certainty here but IT'S NOT AVAILABLE.

the only thing that's certain at this time is the fact that you're in the friend zone, and i can tell you're completely thrilled about it.

so if you can't live with that because you want a girlfriend, move on.

if you can live with that because you want a girl friend that might magically turn into a girlfriend at some unknown point in time based on unknowable criteria, then decide how long you're willing to wait to try figuring out her motivations for putting you in the dreaded friend zone.

don't you already have enough friends, though?
 _Passion4life
Msg: 5
Find -> Flirt -> Meet -> Friends -> Anything possible?
Posted: 4/20/2013 7:16:20 AM
You wasted sexual tension via the phone and text and when u met u dropped the ball. IMO, u failed to keep up the sexual attraction. Therefore, u lose.... its very basic.
 ImReadyForUnow
Msg: 8
Posted: 4/20/2013 9:44:43 AM
Hi,

It's a very, very clear "3".

It is obvious that you have a lot to learn about online dating!
 monocryl
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/20/2013 4:55:58 PM

Even the gods themselves can't save you from the friend zone once you are in it.

LOL
It seems we've discovered a black hole right under our noses. Has someone called the astronomers yet?
 ouija2013
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/20/2013 5:07:40 PM
You can recover from the friendzone. Think of it as HECk instead of HELL
 StealthGlider
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/20/2013 6:38:42 PM

your a really nice guy

game over ....

If you are looking for attraction, keep it at that level .. so woman wont mistake your interest ... don`t try to go thru the friend route. It rarely works.

You wasted sexual tension via the phone and text and when u met u dropped the ball. IMO, u failed to keep up the sexual attraction. Therefore, u lose.... its very basic.

yup ...
 H0wAboutIt
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/20/2013 7:27:08 PM

Texting everyday for a month, sending photo's of day's out shes having with her child, me sending the photo's taken of me from playing footy, rugby - the occasional chat on the phone etc... finding out we have the same desires and wants in life. (even discussed fantasies ----- No I will not talk about anything like that on here, its between us two.)

You don't wait a MONTH to have a first meet with a woman....And on top of that keeping each other posted on every element of your lives.. Yeah, that's how you make it into the friend zone...You do that kind of stuff with your BFF's/BESTIES/Girlfriends...

Couple of days past few texts in between, and I decide to call her and ask she fancy going out.
Then I get the dreaded reply - not a NO. but "Yeah as friends", of course I said yeah, as we agreed that we would take it slow in a friendly environment with no pressure prior to the meet. BUT then she drops the bombshell "we've said that we will be truthful from the start, your a really nice guy, with so many qualities I admire and you tick the boxes, but I can not see anything developing" AGHHHHHH "though I would like to be friends, go out and maybe (take her child) with us".

Yes, you're a nice guy... TAKING IT SLOW does not mean operating with lead up your @$$.. You guys CONFUSE what taking it slow means:

Taking it slow is this:
1) You're not RUSHING to make her your girlfriend (asking for commitment by date 3)
2) You're not RUSHING into her drawers right away...and getting touchy feely right away..
3) You're not calling her everyday and asking her out more than once per week..

But,..you're still:

1) Asking her out on dates
2) Not wasting time to get her phone number
3) Keeping the romance PRESENT (i.e. - kissing her within the first two dates)

ASKING YOURSELF TO BEING FRIEND ZONED is doing:

EVERYTHING you did...

What you should do next time:
Get the number after 3-5 messages...
Ask her out for a date.. VIA TELEPHONE..for a WEEKNIGHT...only use it to ask her out on dates...
CONVERSE with her ONLY on your dates..
Keep your photos and everyday crap to yourselves until you're on your dates....
 MillaMillaMilla
Msg: 15
Posted: 4/21/2013 6:24:22 AM
You have more of a chance being with her if you respect what she has said and don't push the topic at all.
 Hands of gold
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2013 6:52:59 PM
The friend zone grows tiresome really quick. I like the post that suggested that you make her jealous. Or go one further, ask her to fix you up with one of her friends.

Do you really need another friend? You play rugby and footy, I know for a fact that there is a built in social group there. You don't need friends, you need a girl to date. Time wasted on her that could be spent finding someone who is interested in you.

Just remember, be charming to ALL women, whether you are interested or not. Sometimes it takes another girl making a comment about you to get the other interested.
 OzzGirl22
Msg: 17
Posted: 4/23/2013 12:04:22 PM
The reality is that all bets are off until you meet in person to see if there is any chemistry.
It is also possible that after meeting in person the chemistry can be one sided.
It is what it is and you can spend hours trying to figure out the 'why' of it all or just save your energy and move onto the next fish.
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 18
Posted: 4/23/2013 9:47:21 PM
1) Friend Zone - no escape?
She said “…I can not see anything developing”. Believe it.

2) Friend Zone - she wants to see if I truly are the person I say I am.
She already knows you are who you say you are. Not knowing is not the issue. The issue is she couldn't see it going any further.

3) It's Been fun, but BYE!
Your friends are right …"sod it, move on.”
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Find -> Flirt -> Meet -> Friends -> Anything possible?