Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Confused      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SILLYGIRL111
Msg: 1
view profile
History
ConfusedPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
What does it mean when you where in a relationship for a long time and the person sends you things and does not call you much anymore. You are on friendly terms. You do speak to each other from time to time.
 ManOfAdventure28
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Confused
Posted: 4/21/2013 6:49:47 AM
It means it's time to tell him to stop sending you junk.
 charliesmom21
Msg: 3
Confused
Posted: 4/21/2013 7:00:53 AM
^^^ +1 If they stop treating you well and you tried discussing it with him/her and nothing changes, its time to move on. Sometimes people avoid communication and pull back rather than discuss what is going on. Would you want this to be the way the entire relationship goes? Lack of communication will destroy any relationship. JMHO
 SILLYGIRL111
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Confused
Posted: 4/21/2013 7:00:54 AM
I am not a troll. I just want to know the meaning of this person actions.It was a funny movie to make me feel good when I was sick And clippings of information on health. We do speak but not often.
 QT3.18
Msg: 5
Confused
Posted: 4/21/2013 7:44:30 AM
It kinda doesn't sound like you are in a relationship with this person..at least not a romantic one.

Are you sure he also thinks you are in a relationship? I'm not asking to be facetious, I'm just asking because it seems like there is a quite a large disconnect between what you think you have with this person and what you actually have.
 Belluvthebawl
Msg: 6
Confused
Posted: 4/21/2013 7:48:32 AM
Wait....what?? If I am reading your 2nd message correctly this post has nothing to do with the guy you are seeing, but instead a movie you watched and articles you read??
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 7
Confused
Posted: 4/21/2013 7:50:46 AM
Let's see...you're 52, in a "relationship" with someone who doesn't communicate, you're in here looking for a relationship, and you're "confused." Are you for real? Assuming this is a genuine question, move on already.
 SILLYGIRL111
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Confused
Posted: 4/21/2013 7:54:56 AM
I am not in a relationship. He is with someone. we remain on friendly terms . we do not speak often but he sends me things.
 QT3.18
Msg: 9
Confused
Posted: 4/21/2013 7:58:57 AM

I am not in a relationship. He is with someone. we remain on friendly terms . we do not speak often but he sends me things.

I see. Then there is no reason to be confused. He is off limits to you, because he's with someone else. No sense in trying to decipher hidden meanings to his actions, because it is a pointless venture. He is with someone else. That should be enough for you.
 cooldog65
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Confused
Posted: 4/21/2013 8:00:13 AM
After reading posts 1, 5, and 9 I'm confused, too.
 Maleman999
Msg: 11
Confused
Posted: 4/21/2013 8:00:39 AM
The title of this thread is totally correct. There's virtually no information given. I have no clue what this is about.

"...when you where in a relationship for a long time..." How long is a long time? When did it begin and end, and why?
"...sends you things and does not call you much anymore." Sends you what things? How much is not much anymore?
"You do speak to each other from time to time." How often is time to time?
 Whisky_River
Msg: 12
Confused
Posted: 4/21/2013 8:18:00 AM
IMO...He is an ex and he is with another...You probably have his e-mail or personnel number....I would contact him and tell him to quit sending gifts...we are done!
He is being disrespectful to the woman he is with and keeping you on "back up" plan!!
 Walts
Msg: 13
Confused
Posted: 4/21/2013 8:33:36 AM
Basically the OP is trying to figure out why a past lover is being "nice" to her.

I'll go with it OP.

The guy you are NOT phucking right now is actually a nice guy, and cared enough to send some "stuff" to you while you were sick,hoping it would help you feel better. Pretty sure he didn't send the "stuff" to you just to confuse ya.
 SILLYGIRL111
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Confused
Posted: 4/21/2013 8:45:51 AM
I think he is just dating and he may not be with anyone. It ended last year because he was too critical. It lasted six years. I was sick so he send me a funny movie. We talk here and there. He has send other things to my home. We are on friendly terms. He came to see me when I was sick. I know how he thinks and I think he has a motive for his actions,
 QT3.18
Msg: 15
Confused
Posted: 4/21/2013 8:53:01 AM

I am not in a relationship. He is with someone. we remain on friendly terms

Then

I think he is just dating and he may not be with anyone.

OP, now we are all confused. If you want us to help you with this issue, please stop giving us details that are contradictory and in dribs and drabs. Give us the whole story. I'm not a stupid woman, but I have to admit that I have no friggin idea what the hell is going on here, and I have even less idea as the thread goes on.
 John255317
Msg: 16
Confused
Posted: 4/21/2013 8:54:27 AM
OP, do you want what he did to mean something?? You say you broke up because he was too critical, are you still good with that as far as breaking up? Being too critical and sending you a movie doesn't constitute being a great guy whose critical personality can be overlooked now. Sooooo, appreciate the gesture but don't read anything more into it and live your life. If he has a motive here, tell him to STOP!! You did what you did and motives are not part of the deal here. You wondering what is going on needs to stop and addressed because you are thinking it right now.
 jlynn1955
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Confused
Posted: 4/21/2013 8:56:08 AM
It means put a fork in it cause it's done.
 tallbrowneyedlady
Msg: 18
Confused
Posted: 4/21/2013 9:01:51 AM
You're not in a relationship with him. He is an acquaintance. He is not romantically interested in you. Sometimes people communicate with people from boredom, or niceness. Put him into your acquaintance folder. He is not a romantic prospect.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Confused
Posted: 4/21/2013 9:02:27 AM
Here, I'll collect the story elements in one place, which have dribbled out piecemeal:

What does it mean when you where in a relationship for a long time and the person sends you things and does not call you much anymore. You are on friendly terms. You do speak to each other from time to time.

I just want to know the meaning of this person actions.It was a funny movie to make me feel good when I was sick And clippings of information on health. We do speak but not often.

When it's all in one place, it's fairly easy to see that you are dealing with someone who is busy most of the time with someone else, but still thinks of you as a friend, and occasionally sends you things he thinks might please you. I would GUESS that since he doesn't call that much, that he is not trying to keep you around as a back-door gal while he chases the one he's with, and is probably just genuinely sending you things he thinks you'll enjoy.

Therefore the answer to your question, what does this all mean, would probably most accurately mean "nothing in particular." I would recommend that you make sure that you thoroughly realize that you and he are really JUST FRIENDS.
 Maleman999
Msg: 20
Confused
Posted: 4/21/2013 9:04:12 AM
I don't see any problem OP. You are in total control of the situation. If you don't want any further contact with him or gifts, tell him and block him from any messaging device and stop all contact. If you enjoy the attention and trinkets from him, continue on as is. It doesn't matter if he has ulterior motives or not. You are in charge of how much contact with him you allow.
 NYCmasterplumber
Msg: 21
Confused
Posted: 4/21/2013 9:18:22 AM
He moved on why don't you?
 SILLYGIRL111
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Confused
Posted: 4/21/2013 9:19:40 AM
I know we are friends but does he know it? He sends me helpful caring gifts. I am sorry for the dribble. I am out of sorts today. Thank you all. I have moved on. He is the one sending things. I did not come to the forums to waste any ones time. I may be wrong about what he is thinking or what his motives are.
 Walts
Msg: 23
Confused
Posted: 4/21/2013 9:20:55 AM

I know how he thinks and I think he has a motive for his actions,

Then, by default, this whole topic/post is irrelevant and you are just wasting our time by asking the initial question, correct????? You ain't confused,you're just "wishing" for something other than what you know will be true.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Confused
Posted: 4/21/2013 9:23:11 AM
Ah! I see, I think. You aren't worried that you are being left behind, you are worried that he's clinging on after things are really over.

Best thing to do, is ask him straight out as soon as you have the opportunity. If he's in delusion land, a cold-water-in-the-face question is just what he needs.
 SILLYGIRL111
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Confused
Posted: 4/21/2013 9:28:13 AM
Yes Igor thank you . You are a wise man . I enjoy reading your posts on here for a long time.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Confused