Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Favourites List      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bobby Z man
Msg: 5
Favourites ListPage 1 of 1    
I often use the fav list as a lazy way of bookmarking a profile without booking the page in my bookmarks. I see an interesting profile while on here but don't have or won't take the time to read it through when I see it I will mark it as a fav so I will be sure to find it again when I want to take the time to read it. Then I either contact the person or I delete the fav.

While I agree that many probably use the fav as a quasi flirt/wink, I don't think I am alone in using it as a way to bookmark a profile.

Just my 2 cents.
 forum_moderator
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Favourites List
Posted: 4/21/2013 3:04:31 PM

If you add someone to your favourites list, can you tell if they've 'removed' the favourite position at their end?

Yes - just check your list later on, if he's gone, he's no doubt removed himself.

Also, is it a bit of a cop out to just use the 'favourites' feature to let men know you're interested in them rather than actually message them? That's my MO :)

Not at all - in most cases men will take any sort of initial contact. If they're interested back, you'll no doubt hear from them, just make sure they can get by your email filters, if you're expecting them to email you due to you putting them on your favourite list, otherwise see above other reply, as they'll likely remove themselves if not interested.

the other
Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then email CSR@POF here || Site Rules Here || Posting Clarifications Here || TOS ||
 4Mpopovers
Msg: 8
Favourites List
Posted: 4/22/2013 8:01:08 AM
^^^^ "Flirt" is only available for women to use.
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Favourites List
Posted: 5/30/2013 8:53:33 AM
I rarely contact first, when I do, it's putting someone on my favorites list. If they don't respond in a reasonable amount of time I remove them...the guy doesn't have to do a thing if not interested.
 oldie_but_hottie
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Favourites List
Posted: 5/30/2013 9:11:03 AM

I rarely contact first, when I do, it's putting someone on my favorites list. If they don't respond in a reasonable amount of time I remove them...the guy doesn't have to do a thing if not interested.

I am on several favourite lists but not able to contact them as apparently they are not interested in someone of my age and gender ... makes me wonder why they put me on their favourite list then.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Favourites List