Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Jesus Lost Years.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 2
Jesus Lost Years.Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Do you write a book about how you do your laudry and what yyou cook at meals just like every other person that lives life?
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 4
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 8/3/2005 9:00:20 AM
Well if you want you can go and seek these books for one of the apostoles said the are many books of Jesus. Good luck in your search. Myself i find them irrelevent for there are two versions of his lifes story and one shortened. The prophets for told of his coming to the earth now the prophets say he will return again just before the sky disappears.
Thank God for his Son Christ Jesus
 CountIbli
Msg: 9
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 8/3/2005 3:18:39 PM

JESUS died for our sins. Read the BIBLE John:3:16.

The Bible is a work of fiction with as much historical basis as the Three Musketeers.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 11
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 8/3/2005 7:45:42 PM
Ive asked this question before in 3 separate threads...........no reply

There are theories that he was in India studying with some Gurus....

but not substantiated by the Bible

Somehow the all knowing book ...does not know where its main charachter dissapeared for 2 decades......

Any intelligent lifeform will know that the bible is a grandiose hoax.........
but a brilliant marketing ploy.

faith is for cowards who dont want to face facts....it is for those who are scared,insecure,brimming with fear...so they lull themselves into a zombielike state of "faith"

From a cosmic viewpoint faith is irrelevant.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 15
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 8/3/2005 9:00:07 PM
@sincere
When constantine the roman emperor made christianity a state religion in 323AD
the christians who were persecuted before this suddenly found themselves in the states favor....

But they bickered among themselves on ....so constantine called the principal church leaders to gether...he convened and presided over the council of nicaea........and the resultant dogma was known as the nicene creed....introduced in 325 AD......

The irony is Constantine himself did not ask to be received into christ until he was on his deathbed

Constantine considered himself vicar of god on earth....and until 800AD ..
emperors could issue religious edicts at their whims and fancies....which makes the contents of the bible questionable.

If not for constantine...the bible today will just be another charming collection of poetic prose

@13th portal.....faith is an aparatus that soothes the mind.....but for the mind to see with clarity....faith must be done away with......for this beautiful thing called clarity to flower......
from the atom to cosmos....everything in this universe has its order because of.....polar opposites.....whose energies are creating all the time.......ca ll it god,bob,...whatever you want.....the realm this energy runs on is beyond human grasp of perception....even in the astral realm.
as the sage Lao tzu said "the stars and planets are not human hearted.
 RDtoo
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 8/3/2005 11:09:28 PM
Well, lets see, Jesus was a carpenter by trade. He had to do an apprenticeship. You just don't become a carpenter overnight. Hmm, well that covers over half those so-called lost years. As He didn't come from a particularly wealthy family, He probably worked His trade supporting the household. Actually the Bible supports this idea. His ministry started in His hometown of Nazareth, when He gave His first sermon there using scripture (Luke 4:16-22) about how He had been anointed and then saying it was a fulfilled prophecy, the people there were aghast. To them He was Joseph' son, just an average guy around the town not some prophet. The people would never have reacted that way if Jesus has spent His years travelling to far away places. No, they knew Him well as a local guy.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 18
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 8/3/2005 11:26:30 PM
@Portal.........

Actually I started to question the validity of organized religion since I was 14......
mush to the chagrin of my mom who is a devout hindu.......dad was more accepting who believed in everyday values.

I dont believe in anything absolute.......ive read more scriptures than most of my self professed religious friends....but I read not to believe & take for granted or contradict and confute....but to weigh and consider....

I am of the opinion that opposite forces yin& yang (the simbols of jeet kune do-the opposing fishes on your profile pic) the epitome...gravity& antigravity, up & down define one another..

I will never adopt any belief forever.....if logic is to be found....to change my views...
I am an eternal student & life traveller.....a multidimensional madman of sorts
 CountIbli
Msg: 22
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 8/4/2005 11:26:44 AM

People say "he sent his own son do die for our sins".... why send him in the first place, when the end result is the same... why could God not just forgive everyone's sins in the first place?

A frequently asked, but never answered, question.
 RDtoo
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 8/4/2005 2:37:41 PM
Oh well, you give them the answer and they ignore it anyways, perferring outlandish stories of India and flying carpets.
 CountIbli
Msg: 26
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 8/4/2005 4:11:36 PM
The most likely answer is that Jesus never existed.
 RDtoo
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 8/4/2005 9:45:14 PM
On the contrary Kam. I gave the most logical explanation of the so-called missing years on this thread. People just do not want to accept that He lived a normal life.

Sorry about the flying carpets. I forgot that in India they come up with things like green gods with 8 arms weilding scimitars. More believable...LOL.
 CountIbli
Msg: 35
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 8/5/2005 10:05:26 AM

People just do not want to accept that He lived a normal life.

So then you agree that if he did exist he was married?
 CountIbli
Msg: 36
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 8/5/2005 10:14:32 AM
Bobby, I'm an atheist but I was a Christian for most of my life. I became an atheist by studying the Bible and it's history. I've read the "Case for Christ" and was underwhelmed. Strobel constantly says that he needs to follow up on what his experts say but he never does. I have and their arguments are riddled with holes. For example, the sole piece of evidence that the Apostle Matthew wrote the Gospel of Matthew is that Pappias said so. But the description that Pappias gives doesn't match the description of what we now have as the Gospel of Matthew. So either Pappias didn't know what he was talking about or was describing a book with no known existing copies.

I've got a challenge for you. Look up every prophecy Jesus is said to have fulfilled, read them in context, and then tell me that you think he was the Messiah. When you've done that I'll supply you with a list of Messianic prophecies he didn't fulfill.
 DharmaBoy
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 8/5/2005 12:33:35 PM
According to a book titled "Jesus Lived in India: His Unknown Life Before and After the Crucifixion by Holger Kersten, made a Holy pilgrimage to India and studied with some mystics. I recommend this book. It is a good read.
 Dei Gratia
Msg: 43
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 8/7/2005 1:23:17 AM
One must not forget the love that Jesus expressed for all humans. That is what actually allows everyone to see Jesus and then be judged by someone who is so fair. Thank God.
 RDtoo
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 8/7/2005 4:29:51 PM
I would hardly call that a "kill" wiccangirl. You are always so willing to pat yourself on the back. It reminds me of how a chicken cackles when it lays an egg, you would think it layed a gold brick. For one thing your sources are dubious. For another thing, what Jesus taught in no way resembles hinduism.

This is the thing. You are willing to listen to anything other than the Truth. I gave a logical explanation for how Jesus spent His "missing years". It is obvious He was doing an apprenticeship in His trade of carpentry. People do not become carpenters over night. This is not a an answer people want to hear when they want to believe contrary. This is what most people who come here are all about and why I have quit posting here as much. I think very few want to know the Truth. They would rather buy into any lame theory.

And of course pagans hunt in packs, they know their beliefs cannot stand up under scrunity.
 -One-
Msg: 45
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 8/7/2005 4:32:47 PM
Looked like a kill to me. What have you offered that could be considered 'scrutiny'? Was it 'Was Wicca inspired by the works of Lovecraft?' or Possibly 'Is the Goddess a concept dreamt up by archeologists'? Which one was it exactly that discredited our ancient belief systems?
 CountIbli
Msg: 46
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 8/7/2005 6:03:59 PM
^^^Which ancient belief systems? Certainly not Wicca, that's a 20th century creation. If I'm not mistaken you've said elsewhere that you're a Druid. How did you come by your knowledge of ancient Druidic beliefs and rituals?
 -One-
Msg: 47
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 8/7/2005 6:09:28 PM
Long hours of work and study....Not to mention a good deal of luck.
 RDtoo
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 8/7/2005 9:49:13 PM
One, in fact I did post some serious threads questioning pagan beliefs. For some reason they were deleted right away.

What I do not understand is why you and your wife continue to attack Christian beliefs to try and give some credibility to your own beliefs. Is that the only way you have to make it sound credible? Are you afraid that everyone will laugh you off of here if you did a thread called "What I believe" and then posted what you believe? I encourage you to post such a thread and give us full details of your own beliefs so we can examine them. And please do not reply that your beliefs are so esoteric that they are hard to explain or something like that.
 -One-
Msg: 49
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 8/7/2005 9:57:24 PM
Sorry about the flying carpets. I forgot that in India they come up with things like green gods with 8 arms weilding scimitars. More believable...LOL.

I could ask you the same question. And I am indeed posting a thread on the Druid path. Feel free to debate it if you wish.
 RDtoo
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 8/7/2005 10:03:16 PM
About the answer I expected....
 -One-
Msg: 51
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 8/7/2005 10:11:51 PM
Yes, I should imagine your own hypocrisy would indeed be easy to detect.
 RDtoo
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 8/7/2005 10:32:38 PM
I admit to being guilty of hypocrisy, but that dosen't change the fact that you backed away from my challenge....
 -One-
Msg: 53
Jesus Lost Years.
Posted: 8/8/2005 4:24:50 AM
I told you where to find such a thread, did I not? If you wish to debate me on it so be it, if not so be it.
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Jesus Lost Years.