Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Seeing this shy girl      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ImReadyForUnow
Msg: 4
Seeing this shy girlPage 1 of 1    
You are not dating!!!

Make the next meeting somewhere semi private where you can talk and get to know her without being at a frat party! A picnic at the park something like that.
At some point you have to kiss her, hug her etc.
If it doesn't feel right to you or she does not meet you half way on the action then she is not into you.
A shy girl who is into you will be dreaming of you kissing her. A friend will not.
 CasOliii
Msg: 6
Seeing this shy girl
Posted: 4/28/2013 10:21:24 AM
Have you guys kissed or anythingyet? If not i'd tart there to better judge things.
Seeing this shy girl
Posted: 4/28/2013 10:42:17 AM
never, ever, EVER ask a woman the equivalent of 'do you like me?' in early courtship. because when you do that, you're basically asking her to forfeit the option to react to you. most women would rather perform self-dentistry with a hammer and chisel than do that, which would put them in a position of risking rejection rather than doing the rejecting.

you'll have to go first. lean in for a kiss. her reaction will be your answer.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Seeing this shy girl
Posted: 4/29/2013 12:18:15 PM
Shyness is often a cover for strong feelings and emotions. Take it at a pace she feels comfortable with, but do things with JUST the two of you. Taking her to a party is like asking if she wants a drink then dashing her with cold water.
Sometimes the most amazing people are hiding behind shy, introverted or socially anxious.
In the course of my life ( young as it is) I have had the privilege of meeting some terrific people.
I have noted however that the ones I bonded to the most closely were the ones who initially presented as awkward or shy.
Just make damn sure you are into her before you make the move.
Sometimes shy is also a cover for vulnerable, naive, or desperatly afraid.

All things you dont want to take advantage of...
 Bearfish13
Msg: 10
Seeing this shy girl
Posted: 4/29/2013 10:19:48 PM
well if your attracted to her, it sometimes takes time for someone to get out of their shell, and if that isn't the case, that's when you come in and take charge
 ImReadyForUnow
Msg: 12
Seeing this shy girl
Posted: 4/30/2013 1:10:33 AM
Excellent!..................................................
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Seeing this shy girl
Posted: 4/30/2013 5:38:46 AM
I love the awkward first kiss...means you have more reason to practice! :)
Gratz!
 H0wAboutIt
Msg: 15
Seeing this shy girl
Posted: 4/30/2013 9:04:39 PM

When she messaged me (on another dating site), I noticed in her profile that she mentioned she was shy. Also, a personality rating said she was "introverted." I don't read too much into these things, but yeah its nice to get an idea before the first date

most of that stuff is b/s. If she's interested..she'll make a move in one form or another.

On both of our dates, we ended up just sitting in the bar for six hours straight. Once I invited her to a my classmates party; she showed up with a friend, and when the friend left she decided to stay behind (even though she wasnt talking with other people there except me).

Aye..another fella's on his way to biting the dust. 1) A frat party isn't a date - in fact, that's a very DUMB thing to do. Taking a girl to a frat party to see your frat brothers act like idiots. You always keep it to one-on-one dates until 3-6 months

2) Six hours on a first meet? You cap that sh*t at an hour TOPS. Leave her wanting more. Not yawning and running out of topics.

....But, it all feels very platonic. It's gotten to the point where I'm wondering if we're actually dating. I won't go into all the details, but there's just something about her body language, and the things she says, that makes me feel this is just friendly. But, considering how bashful she is around people (I saw that at the party), I'm wondering if it's just because she's so shy all the time. And I can understand: I suffer from social anxiety occasionally, and there have been plenty of times when someone was put-off because of something Id said wrong, or some facial expression I didn't even know I was making.

You being available all the time and your six hour dates may have a lot to do with it. don't ya think? You probably text her twice a day and what not too..

Being available all the time, kills challenge, and lowers interest. Pull back ..wait a week...CALL HER and ask her out for dinner. Keep it to 2 hours tops.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Seeing this shy girl