Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > womens view please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RERE1026
Msg: 3
view profile
History
womens view pleasePage 1 of 1    
Life isn't about tats......what are willing to give to the relationship? Peace...
 Hailey_Smurff
Msg: 4
view profile
History
womens view please
Posted: 4/28/2013 4:50:45 PM
I think it is safe to say, nobody cares about pics of your tattoos. They are not doing you any favors.

Neither are your pics. You are 22 and look 32.

As for your profile, you talk about tattoos and playing video games. Then you like music and movies.... well so does every single person the world.

Then you talk a more about tattoos.

Do you see a trend?
 You go first
Msg: 7
womens view please
Posted: 4/28/2013 9:46:43 PM
Yeah, two blurry photos of your face and miscellaneous body parts doesn't exactly give your viewer the warm-and-fuzzies. How about letting someone else take your photos? how about a smile? how about a full length casual shot??

You completely missed the Interests field. Here is where you leave clues to your actual interests, personality and humour. Go for at least 8 things that describe your favourites, ie: sport you play, team you follow, music group and/or artist, food or cuisine, author, local attraction, tv show, comedian, movie genre, Tattoos... you get the idea. Don't use the generic words, use one or two-word specific examples.

No need to repeat your age in your profile, it says how old you are in your stats. Get to the juicy bits.

The only thing else I can remember from your profile is that you one day want to live 'abroad'. Where? Why? Are you talking in the next couple of years so someone doesn't waste her time? Or down the road when you're looking to retire? If it's a far off plan, no need to include it now. If it's actually something you're seriously working toward, leave a timeline.

I'm going to cut-and-paste some notes I made from another thread on sending first messages. The guy had "Fishing" as an Interest:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Try this template which may help you get over the 'writer's block' for first messages:

Message: 3-4 sentence at most, light humoured, including 1 question only so she has an easy way to respond. Sign only your first name.

Do not say:

- Hi, Hey, Hello or How are you (wastes time)
- I read your profile (should be obvious)
- you're cute/pretty/beautiful (creepy in a first message)
- let's meet up for .... (again, creepy/pushy in a first message)
- check me out and email me back ( they know what to do already)
- hope to hear from you soon (sounds like begging/desperate)

Don't blather on about yourself - your profile is supposed to give information about you.

If I were writing to you, I'd use the specific interest of Fishing. Actually, that is the exact interest I used when I first wrote to my (now) husband.

Message: I just learned how to fly fish, but haven't actually caught anything yet. I much prefer spincast river fishing - fewer casualties! Have you been out yet this season? (first name only)

See? No pressure, obviously I read your profile, open a conversation, easy way to respond if you choose.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > womens view please