Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Extreme body mods      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 phoenix_55
Msg: 4
Extreme body modsPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I can't help you with your problem, but all the body modification makes me kinda nauseous. Not judging, just stating a fact. I'm curious why you have a magnet in your finger? Is it so your fingers won't slip off your penis while you're whackin off? lol

Seriously. I want to know.
 tooborednow
Msg: 5
Extreme body mods
Posted: 4/30/2013 10:29:46 AM

Does anybody have opinions on when is the most appropriate time to bring up the subject?

IMO it's pretty much the same time you would tell someone you have herpes.
Personally, I see very little difference between herpes, tattoos, and body mods.
One stupid decision as a kid and it's with you the rest of your life.
Therefore what I would probably do is just try and have a conversation with them about the subject and ask them their position on it.
If they don't freely, clearly, and concisely offer their stance or opinion on it (like "ugh, I wouldn't date someone with body mods, they're just like herpes to me"), then you tell them about your experience with it.
Any time is an appropriate time to have a conversation.
Well, outside of a movie theater or church.
IMO the important point is to make it a conversation rather than a confession.
Extreme body mods
Posted: 4/30/2013 12:00:08 PM
shave your head, and tattoo 'my penis has more ornaments than the times square christmas tree' across your scalp. buy a toupee for work. take it off when you go on dates. problem solved!
 femaleconnection
Msg: 8
Extreme body mods
Posted: 4/30/2013 12:16:21 PM
Sometime between the moment of necking and reaching into your pants you gotta bring this up....No point in telling the ladies who wont even neck with you though....lol
 lostinalostworld
Msg: 10
Extreme body mods
Posted: 4/30/2013 1:03:51 PM
The first person to ask is the psychiatrist you desperately need. Then a REAL surgeon to undo your self mutilation.
 femaleconnection
Msg: 11
Extreme body mods
Posted: 4/30/2013 1:25:04 PM

femaleconnection

If you were getting jiggy with someone and went to go down their pants and they said "I have silicon beads implanted in my penis", don't you think it would kill the mood a little? :)

Yes, but Id rather get a 'heads up' verbally....lol...if two people can swap spit,. they should be able to talk about thier body to one another.
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 12
Extreme body mods
Posted: 4/30/2013 1:28:54 PM

OP, PLEASE have a medic alert bracelet made up that discloses your magnetic and silicon implants. Heaven forbid that you are knocked unconscious in an accident someday and the Dr puts you into an MRI machine and cranks up the power to 100%... Parts may come a-flyin off.

That's a very good idea. Something akin to a dogtag would also work.

To the original question, ideally I think most women would want to know this before having even one date. Those who are okay with it will be interested in what-all you've had done and what it all means to you, and will probably also start telling you all about their own body mods.

Those who aren't okay with it won't even want a first date. No reason for you to waste your time either if they're not comfortable.
 Stray__Cat
Msg: 13
Extreme body mods
Posted: 4/30/2013 4:32:35 PM
When your shirt comes off....I'm sure she will ask:
"What the f_ck else you got???"
You can fill her in then.

Good luck.

And don't worry.
Women are drawn to the mysterious.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 14
Extreme body mods
Posted: 4/30/2013 5:31:26 PM
You need to level with a girl before kissing her. Things can get hot and heavy after one kiss. I imagine the majority of girls will be turned off by your extreme body modifications.

The suggestion that you see a psychiatrist is a good one. Self-mutilation is recognized as a psychiatric disorder and may also be a reflection of self-hate. (Source: WebMD)
 gtomustang
Msg: 15
Extreme body mods
Posted: 4/30/2013 5:49:43 PM
Have a convo on transhumanism, and see her reaction. Or simply be yourself--I've never known a piercer who was plain vanilla. Like the part about being interested in magnetic fields--who the hell knows they even exist? Some woman wanting more than just to tickle your pickle is going to pay attention to the words coming out your mouth, and think, "hmm, this guy thinks on a different wavelength than I do" or she will think, "wow, he's serious about things that interest him, I wonder if he's got the guts to pursue sensual feelings enough to pierce his body?"

of course, that's assuming women pay attention :) lol take a look around this forum, so many females ignore blatent red flags. so yeah, you probably have to point it out at the beginning that you are into "extreme body mods". If she wants more detail, she'll ask. explain the magnets and why. If she smiles slyly and says, "any others?", then she's given permission to find out about your Prince Albert, since she's intrigued by the idea it creates more "potion to the motion" or she wouldn't even know to ask about it.
 brisco414
Msg: 16
Extreme body mods
Posted: 4/30/2013 5:53:17 PM
I'm sure there is some woman out there who will appreciate your jeweled body. But really you need to be upfront about this if both of you are attracted to each other. Give the girl a chance to know upfront so she can decide for herself.
 Belluvthebawl
Msg: 17
Extreme body mods
Posted: 4/30/2013 6:01:36 PM
Ok I'm curious......silicon beads?? Why??
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 18
Extreme body mods
Posted: 4/30/2013 6:09:42 PM
I'm right in between this:

To the original question, ideally I think most women would want to know this before having even one date. Those who are okay with it will be interested in what-all you've had done and what it all means to you, and will probably also start telling you all about their own body mods.

Those who aren't okay with it won't even want a first date. No reason for you to waste your time either if they're not comfortable.

and this:

When your shirt comes off....I'm sure she will ask:
"What the f_ck else you got???"
You can fill her in then.

Maybe not on the very first date, but if it looks like there might be some action in the near future. Don't scream it from the rooftop, but don't try to hide it until sexy time, either.
 PittsburghVixen
Msg: 19
Extreme body mods
Posted: 4/30/2013 6:15:30 PM
Oh, and while I am usually a fan of LiterateHiker's posts, this:

The suggestion that you see a psychiatrist is a good one. Self-mutilation is recognized as a psychiatric disorder and may also be a reflection of self-hate. (Source: WebMD)

I call BS on the blanket statement made by the shrinks who think anything outside the "norm" is a "psychiatric disorder".
 kj521
Msg: 20
Extreme body mods
Posted: 4/30/2013 6:36:01 PM
Op:

You did a good job mentioning the topic of extreme mods in your profile. If you find a woman you are interested in just bring the topic up casually during convo during a date. See how she feels about it in general before you go into specifics of your mods. Good luck fishing!
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Extreme body mods
Posted: 4/30/2013 6:46:13 PM
Bodmods are accepted within the bodmod community. In my opinion you need to seek a woman that understands the bodmod community because it will not resonate with those unfamiliar with this perspective.

I personally don't see much difference between the bodmod community and those that tattoo every square inch of their body. But I also don't see the appeal either.

But don't use the word extreme because extreme body modifications involve very gruesome stuff (the dark side of the bodmod community). I think I will refrain from describing what that is but the choice to lose body parts is extreme and a deep psychological issue. Fortunately you don't fall into that category but I highly recommend you refrain from using that terminology.
 GJBrown
Msg: 22
Extreme body mods
Posted: 4/30/2013 9:39:03 PM
its as simple as this
if you hit it off with some chick and think yall will defenitely be "getting it in" thats when you bring up your privates!
also... yikes dude. its your life and your body but yikes! the type of women who usually like a modded penis and pierced nipples have pierced nipples and modded virginas! try just hanging out a tattoo shops to find ladies
 peaceful_garden
Msg: 23
Extreme body mods
Posted: 4/30/2013 10:55:16 PM
Maybe all guys can get those silicon bead inplants instead of curcumcision, assuming the purpose is to enhance the pleasure for women.
 ouija2013
Msg: 30
Extreme body mods
Posted: 5/1/2013 5:24:49 AM
Learn something new every day. Are you only looking to date women who have bod mods?
The magnet - that's interesting to me. Actually if you told me I'd proabably be more interested in dating you :) Not 'cause of the beads LOL
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 31
Extreme body mods
Posted: 5/1/2013 5:54:50 AM
I dated a guy whom had the silicone beads under his penis skin. He never told me.

The room was dark and initially touching his penis I felt the beads and thought, " WTF is THAT!?" I withdrew my hand immediately! I thought it was some kind of disease or something.

Wish he told me before hand what they were before my mind exploded thinking of all kind of diseases!!
 Maleman999
Msg: 32
Extreme body mods
Posted: 5/1/2013 6:25:03 AM

My piercer updates a file on there giving the exact location of the implants, methods of insertion and any problems we encountered during the procedure.

I don't understand allowing a person who is not in the medical field inserting solid objects into the body-especially in the genital area, which is a super-sensitive area for guys. Then there's the risk of infection, and having an infected penis would be the pits. And it would be hard doing anything with infected fingers. I always had the belief that tattoos are dumb and immature, but tattoos plus foreign objects inserted into the body takes the cake.
 justlookingvt
Msg: 33
Extreme body mods
Posted: 5/1/2013 7:40:17 AM

Does anybody have opinions on when is the most appropriate time to bring up the subject?

You could bring up the subject in a “subtle” kind of way. For instance, you could mention that air travel is somewhat of a challenge. At the airport’s security checkpoints you have to unzip and put the genital jewelry in a little tray in order to make it to the airplane. She may have additional questions if she is still there after learning about your “carry-on baggage”.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 34
Extreme body mods
Posted: 5/1/2013 8:06:48 AM
What's wrong with leaving your body just as God intended?

I realize that could be construed as a bit hypocritical since my ears are pierced, but that's the extent of any body modification I'll ever do.
 HelenBackAgain
Msg: 35
Extreme body mods
Posted: 5/1/2013 8:36:08 AM
A more accurate question would probably be something like "if you were dating someone that had similar work as myself, they would have to tell you about it at some point. At what point would you feel deceived/cheated that they hadn't told you sooner?"

Not deceived or cheated, that's too strong, but that my time - and his - had been wasted: Anytime after initially meeting. Thus my earlier answer.

It isn't a dull subject - I've done research on it in the past out of sheer idle curiosity, and I'm delighted if I get to ask someone about their experiences with this and they don't mind. But, while it certainly wouldn't stop me from being friends with anyone, if anything I enjoy having friends who are different from me, I have no desire to date a person with modifications. So if there's any romantic interest on either side, I'd rather know right off on first meeting. It'll put that spark right out before it grows into any sort of real emotion, which is when you want it to go out in an instance where nothing is ever going to come of it.

For those of us who don't find mods appealing physically, I'd think this'd be pretty much universal. I doubt anyone's going to take your head off for not raising the subject right away, because you're smart and interesting and evidently very sociable, so you probably make a really fun date. But she'd likely rather know sooner than later, and that benefits you as well for the same reasons.

Similarly, those who do find this appealing will be delighted and consider it a plus. So it's hard for me to see a downside in just, you don't need to reveal everything, but how about simply steering the conversation toward it as an interest of yours sometime during your first chat. That should give you an idea how it'll go over later when you're more comfortable getting more personal, if there is a later.
 OutMind
Msg: 36
Extreme body mods
Posted: 5/1/2013 9:02:16 AM

Similarly, those who do find this appealing will be delighted and consider it a plus. So it's hard for me to see a downside in just, you don't need to reveal everything, but how about simply steering the conversation toward it as an interest of yours sometime during your first chat.

Bingo!

You are only going to attract people that are into the same type of thing you are into. To them it will be super cool. To people that are not into it, it will be weird. Since this is your lifestyle, wear it with pride.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Extreme body mods