Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Seeking advice from women on my profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 grindblast
Msg: 1
Seeking advice from women on my profilePage 1 of 1    
I get replies but rarely get outright messages, how can I can increase messages from women? Do women not write messages as much (not just reply)?

I can take some constructive criticism but please try to be nice. :-)
Thanks for your advice.
 ImReadyForUnow
Msg: 2
Seeking advice from women on my profile
Posted: 5/1/2013 8:23:14 AM
Hi,

I am going to give you some help.

Pictures: I like your current main picture but I think you should crop it to be just a full length picture of you :) This is for two reasons. You may think you are the cutest man in the picture but a girl might look at it and go "Oooo who's the guy to your left!". It's your profile only highlight you :)

Your about me:

I am not a fan of list profiles it makes me think of groceries, chores and school but I understand that it is your style so I will go with the flow.

-I'm European descent, born & raised in Ottawa on the countryside (Clarify don't say Europe give the country)

-Dark eyes, Dark hair, about 180-185 lbs (we can see this, remove)

-Big fan of comedy and jokes (Tell the reader your fav comedians)

-A pretty good combo of street smart and book, mostly self-taught at life (either your a combo or self taught pick one)

-I don't drink or do drugs, been there done that (remove the been their done that. It suggests you are a recovering alcohol and drug user)

-Healthy libido (seriously! remove this!!!!)

-Positive with good intentions (I feel like there should be a "BUT" after this. Good intentions but I fall short, mess up. Reword this.

-Constantly learning and reading (name a book you are currently reading)

-Respectful and courteous, my mother comes from a military family (remove the bit about your Mom/military, say she brought you up with respect)

-Strong-minded and comfortable taking control of situations (you say on another bullet point that you are slow to open up, I'm confused)

-I'm an excellent cook and I've cooked in various restaurants for over 10 years (is this a second job? give an example of your best dish)

The other bullet points are ok.
 Indira46
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/1/2013 9:48:17 AM
Your list format looks lazy. Turn that into paragraphs with complete sentences.

I'm not sure why, but your main photo looks like it was taken in 1950.
 grindblast
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/1/2013 9:52:27 AM
cool thanks alot for the suggestions, I appreciate it... :-D
 grindblast
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/1/2013 10:02:06 AM
-Strong-minded and comfortable taking control of situations (you say on another bullet point that you are slow to open up, I'm confused)...

I suppose I'm slow to open-up to friendships or deeper relationships, but if it's a work situation or business related I'm the boss! :-) You have to get to know me for me to really open-up.
 grindblast
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/1/2013 10:15:21 AM
I was going for concise, and trying to avoid using 300 'I's but point taken.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Seeking advice from women on my profile