Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do married people flirt with you more than single?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 1
Do married people flirt with you more than single?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Are there any people out there who find that married/attached people flirt with them far more than single people?

Flirting in this case would be repeated compliments about how one looks to outright invitations to have sex.

Just curious what you may have experienced, especially people in the 40's plus age bracket.
 QT3.18
Msg: 2
Do married people flirt with you more than single?
Posted: 5/3/2013 11:19:05 PM
I don't get flirted with a whole lot. I never get flirted with from men in relationships.

(The only caveat here is that it would not occur to me that they were flirting, so if they were, I would be totally oblivious to it.)
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/4/2013 10:16:12 PM
I don't know if I would go so far as to call it flirting but I have always found attached women more friendly ( dropping mention of thier significant other into the conversation fairly quickly ) than single women tend to - my only conclusion for why they behave that way is that they feel secure enough in thier relationship that they are not playing games.
 hounddoug
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/5/2013 3:19:01 AM
I don't and never have flirted with women I know are married. Although, when I was married, I did have women who I knew were not married flirt with me. I remember my responses being a stupid look on my face. That was when I was married of course. Since then, nada.
 pageforyou
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/5/2013 6:24:14 AM
No ... no they don't. And if they did, it would be on deaf ears.
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/5/2013 7:06:23 AM
In the real world yes. Ironic how unhappiness & discontent can make some uninhibited enough to approach new people. Single people are so bottle up & tight that you can shove coal up their butts & they'd crap out diamonds.

Never been approached for outright sex though. I've heard it from a few men towards women while out socializing but they said it in more a half joking way.

One encounter was in a supermarket we seemed to frequent at the same time in the evening. Anyhow I didn't know she was married till I stopped in during the daytime & she shoo'd me away because she was with the hubby. Last weekend at a grad party my ex's 1st cousin was all over me to dance, sit next to & eat with, hugging & giving me long kisses on my cheek, telling me how much she missed seeing me & her hubby was on the other side of the room.
 DragonBits
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/5/2013 7:07:36 AM
Sometimes married women will like to flirt. More often with other married men rather than single men I think.

IMO it's because they know it won't go anywhere, they get a little thrill from flirting. It's kind of like teasing. Of course it can be dangerous, emotions can get misinterpreted or misread or both people can get carried away.

Sometimes with married women, it looks like they flirt to get their husbands jealous. Maybe they flirt to validate their own attractiveness, maybe their husband has grown bored with being married, or isn't paying a lot of attention to her.

One of my best friends wives likes to flirt with me at times, even when he is in the same room. Then sometimes he pulls her over close to him and hugs her.

Many men say once they are married, single women flirt more, again I think it is because married men are safer. And it's possible the women feel competitive, like seeing if they can get the married man to pay attention to them, they win a kind of contest. At least in their own minds.

Some single women like to have gay male friends, for much the same reason, it's a common thing with a few women.

Likely a lot of married men and women create profiles that indicate they are single, they can flirt but when you want to meet, they disappear.

I like to flirt myself at times, but don't do it with single women, sometimes they take it too seriously. It just seems a little mean to flirt with someone when they might really want to take it to the next level and you know you never will.
 funnershine
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/5/2013 7:10:01 AM
On a daily basis yes because most of the men living near me are married.. However more like harmless flirting a wink or a question as to what a pretty girl like me is doing single.. Nothing is usually meant by it, except for maybe one or two that I think are loose cannons..

Namaste
funnershine
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 9
Posted: 5/5/2013 11:53:33 AM
Single men flirt with me more than married men.
 Stubidooo
Msg: 10
Posted: 5/5/2013 12:12:38 PM

Are there any people out there who find that married/attached people flirt with them far more than single people?

In my experience, definitely no. I don't find many married women "flirting" with me.
 deere_rancher
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2013 4:23:13 PM
For me ..Single women flirt...married women are usually more cautious and will
drop subtle little clues , like hanging around a little longer than usual, certain postures
or expressions

Both may want the same thing, but married women don't want to be perceived
as, or think that, they initiated it
 ChancesRMD
Msg: 12
Posted: 5/5/2013 4:23:18 PM
OP I can't say that I've been keeping score, but I would have to say it's about the same. It's seems to be more about the person and personality rather than the person being single or attached. It could be demographics as I live in a large metropolitan area and I see as many married people out there playing around as single people. In many cases the married people are more desirable than their single counterparts as they are safer std risks, more discreet and are less likely to get attached.

Married people also might need to take the lead in flirting because the other person might look at them as off limits unless they are given a green light.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 13
Posted: 5/5/2013 4:36:07 PM
I never get inappropriate invitations. I do get compliments from married members of both sexes, so I don't think it's flirting so much as people just being friendly. The single people seem to be a little more reserved---perhaps they are more concerned about being misconstrued.
 Molly Maude
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2013 10:22:28 AM
I've noticed that married men do seem to come over to where I am and strike up
flirty types of conversations with me more than single men ... they'll laugh and flirt
with me until the SO comes over to fetch them back to the fold ...

it's been my impression that this is some sort of signal to the SO that the man
doing the flirting is still attractive to other women ... it has very little to do with ME!
they are just saying ... "look! I'm still attractive enough to have a flirtation with
another woman!" I don't take it personally. ehhhh ...

if a single man were to strike up a flirty conversation, he'd have to make a decision
and follow up or not follow up ... he has no SO to come rescue him!!!
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2013 1:01:25 PM
Ninty five percent of the time it's married men.....who "don't want to change their situation or mine."
 m8t
Msg: 16
Posted: 5/6/2013 6:42:35 PM
I think married men have more confidence to approach / flirt with strangers,
because they dont have to fear rejection. Its all in good clean fun.
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 17
Posted: 5/7/2013 8:00:16 AM
Thanks for the many replies. I find that the majority of men who flirt are married. This can range from the simple repeating of compliments to direct invitations to have sex.

I also should point out that most of these situations are also among men I have known for some years, so there defiantly could be a comfort level thing going on.
 DragonBits
Msg: 18
Posted: 5/7/2013 8:54:41 AM

Thanks for the many replies. I find that the majority of men who flirt are married. This can range from the simple repeating of compliments to direct invitations to have sex.

I also should point out that most of these situations are also among men I have known for some years, so there defiantly could be a comfort level thing going on.

If you can imagine an activity, for sure someone has done that. Most odd I have seen is maybe 15 years ago when someone in Europe I think volunteered to be torture to death. It got into the media, not sure it was torture or some other form of death. Way out on a crazzy scale.

The thing about flirting, how serious is it, and to they really want sex for just being clever with words.

Most importanly, how do you feel about your married male friends flirting with you?
 DragonBits
Msg: 19
Posted: 5/7/2013 9:38:58 AM
BTW, sorry about way out on the crazy scale comment about torture. I was thinking of another thread in the sex forum. Too many distractions today.
 monocryl
Msg: 20
Posted: 5/7/2013 8:09:36 PM

. Too many distractions today.

LOL. For a happily married man you do grace the forums with a lot of your attention :-)
If I ever get married (which would require travel to a parallel universe), I'd sure like my husband to flirt with me more than other men do. Hence the parallel universe requirement.
 Paddy_o_Lantern
Msg: 21
Posted: 5/7/2013 8:26:13 PM

I'd sure like my husband to flirt with me more than other men do.

So would that be the flirtation of one man or all of them... if it's all of them he may end up feeling like a broken record :)
 DragonBits
Msg: 22
Posted: 5/8/2013 5:23:48 AM

LOL. For a happily married man you do grace the forums with a lot of your attention :-)
If I ever get married (which would require travel to a parallel universe), I'd sure like my husband to flirt with me more than other men do. Hence the parallel universe requirement.

Too much I agree.

I do have a problem, my wife loves to be provocative online with me on Skype, even more than I do. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it but she is currently 8611 miles away. She has been putting out a fire with gasoline.

And that is as the crow flies, it's probably more like 10,000 airline miles.

I dig the parallel universe desire, I would like maybe 10 parallel universes, but each version of myself would have to have a merged consciousness, otherwise what is the point?

Maybe I have to go cold turkey on the PoF forum? It's probably the best way, maybe after 6 months I could check in, I am sure there won't be anything new under the (PoF threads) sun.
 DrummingNut
Msg: 23
Posted: 5/8/2013 6:24:10 AM
^^ correct. Won't be anything new here. Not even new people. With the link gone, I do believe Big Fish is getting what he wants.. dead sea.
 pageforyou
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/8/2013 6:29:26 AM
He's hidden the forum link a few times over the years. Yep, new people don't find it during that period but the "old" ones almost always have a link, to get into the forums still, in their history. : P
 southbc
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/8/2013 12:02:53 PM

Reason why though is because the majority BANK...and I don't mean a little bit...I mean BANK, as in MULLAH MONEY!!! :/

You work in TV production, right - cable shows? Do the guys in Ghost Hunters and Taps and so on, make that much?
I would've thought they'd get something like a grand or so per episode.

I mean that's pretty good, but it's not crazy money.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Do married people flirt with you more than single?