Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Checking if a message has been read?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 newman111s
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Checking if a message has been read?Page 1 of 1    
Is there any way to check if my messages i have sent have been read etc? it seems that i get no response from sending messages at all and im just wondering if theres a way to confirm its been read/ deleted as opposed to not received/ problem with sight.
 import_from_UK
Msg: 2
Checking if a message has been read?
Posted: 5/6/2013 5:25:59 PM
They graduate at higher rates from university then men.
Yes but you will need to upgrade to paid membership as that's the only way it's available.

Try and remember that it doesn't really matter if it's read or not, if she didn't reply. It's the lack of response which is the key data. Send a message, delete it if need be and forget about it, until you get a reply.
 newman111s
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2013 5:28:21 PM
but the people i am trying to send a message to clicked that they would like to meet me, so i send a message to learn abit more about them and no reply, even simply asking if they could reply with anything to test that my messaging system is working recieves no reply.

I do have a paid account but cant figure out how i check if a message has been read :(
 newman111s
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2013 5:44:42 PM
i found the page where i can see if someone has read my messages or not, seems to be working thanks for your time and im glad i finally know for sure.

Its strange however that so many people would state that they would like to meet you but after you contact them they remain silent.
 import_from_UK
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/6/2013 5:58:38 PM
The 'Meet Me' notifications aren't coming from the women themselves. In that section of the site, the viewer is presented with the option of clicking on YES, NO, or MAYBE in response to the question regarding their interest in meeting you. As there is no way to skip a profile, many click on MAYBE without realizing it generates a false positive and sends the exact same message automatically as it would if they had clicked that the did want to meet you.

The functionality is seriously flawed in many ways, all of which are documented in these forums.

Take any Meet Me notifications with a pinch of salt and if you choose to use this feature, I'd suggest looking at their profile rather than just their photo and sending a message by the usual methods rather than using the auto generated notes, which many of us dump into a junk e-mail account, never to bother looking at.
 Hanoverfella
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/6/2013 9:01:30 PM
I would advise against the upgrade, if you think it sucks not knowing if they read it, it's even worse seeing and knowing they deleted your message without even reading it!
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Checking if a message has been read?