Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Tone of voice      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 daver987654
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Tone of voicePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Apparently I have a really sexy voice. Like everyone else though I hate it when I listen to my own answerphone recordings or in work videos.

Mumbling is a big no,no for me. I'm partially deaf so we would end up writing messages to each other.
 icarusi
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Tone of voice
Posted: 5/9/2013 4:13:59 PM

Its changed everything - he talks really quickly and mumbles!

Maybe he was............nervous.............?
Normally I'd say mumblers should just be shot. Saves time for everyone. But his mind, which writes the text, doesn't mumble. Does he have an overly large nose?
 imanorangetiger
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Tone of voice
Posted: 5/10/2013 3:19:46 AM
I'm not too bothered about the noise around the words but rather about the words themselves. Maybe I've been lucky enough not to meet ladies whose voices have grated too much. Having said that. I did meet one lady whose voice was cultured to the point of stilton cheesiness and my last gf's was borderline home counties chav but they're exceptions.

I was born and bred in Dartford so have been cursed with a northwest Kent accent. It doesn't matter how articulate I am, often Ts are dropped at the end of the word and words like chocolate sound like chocklit and horrible like horraball. Like most people, I hate the sound of my recorded voice judging it to be dull but I've been told it's nice to listen to. Tone wise, it depends whether I'm speaking from my chest or my throat, so it can be light and airy or deep and baritone.
 fleursky
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Tone of voice
Posted: 5/10/2013 7:00:37 AM
I can't stand people mumbling or a droll slow gormless voice, haven't got the patience :S
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > Tone of voice