Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Experimentation on men who are on death row then experiments on anima      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 import_from_UK
Msg: 2
Experimentation on men who are on death row then experiments on animalsPage 1 of 1    
This sort of suggestion pops up quite often in certain groups of people. I've heard variations of this idea over the years which range from testing make-up to medical vaccinations on sub groups of people from pedophiles to physically disabled people to the homeless. The thinking process goes no further than the elimination of those who are "mentally disabled" (not my term), because that group can't communicate the information required to pretend this isn't merely torture trying to look as if it's justifiable.

What most of the people I have met who think this is a good idea have in common, is a superior sense of self-worth and the view, even though they might not have the backbone to admit it, that some groups of people are better or have more value than others.

I personally think these experiments should be performed not on a certain demographic but on individuals who have never met an single person in the demographic they are proposing for this treatment. Any person who has such a trivial view of another human that they would offer them up for torture, should likely be supervised closely in the manner that such experimentation would provide.

nipoleon
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Experimentation on men who are on death row then experiments on animals
Posted: 5/14/2013 2:55:23 AM
There are rumors that this sort of thing already happens in China.
The Nazis did this to Jews in the concentration camps. They did extreme cold experiments on living people by taking them up above the Arctic circle and dumping them naked onto the ice.
Remember what Joseph Mengele was all about ?

Exactly what kind of society are we running here ?

Should the testing subjects be given the opportunity to volunteer or reject being in the experiments ?
Should the test subjects get some sort of compensation ?
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/14/2013 3:07:08 AM
yes think of the cloying headlines we could use to effectively sell the agenda: "Prisoners volunteer to save lives".

you are behind the times, son. it's already been done. go look up Holmesburg Prison and what happened there.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2013 9:53:41 AM
I'm fairly certain that even if you offer a choice, as to whether they should suffer "cruel and unusual punishment," that it would still be unconstitutional.

And I would be surprised if those who survived the victims of capital crimes, didn't find it intensely unjust and insulting, that the person who took their loved ones from them, or permanently damaged their lives, should be allowed to select their OWN version of punishment. I know that I certainly would.

Hence, I think that this is a non-starter idea, right out of the gate.
 Paul9473
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/15/2013 3:14:45 AM
Import love it!!!
Nipolean: Rumors maybe but there's a certain museum up in Harbin where this did happen under the Japanese occupation and people there have a long memory.
Another thing (whether or not you rule out China) How many people are on death row? How many of these people do you expect to have such a clean bill of health that you can perform a controlled experiment? Even if you do think there is enough and managed to bribe your way past the ethics committees, do you think the scientific community is going to take any findings seriously when compared with the results of an experiment performed on a much larger sample size of genetically near-identical lab rats?
 southbc
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/15/2013 12:09:48 PM
Prisoners have volunteered for all kinds of experiments over the years, in the U.S. and other Western nations; if you read original research you can't help but encounter experiments conducted on inmates.

As for the Nazis experimenting on prisoners, it was the Japanese who conducted the most thorough research on the effects of cold - on American POWs. Japanese scientists put them in freezers and froze them alive, referring to them as "blocks of wood." Their research was considered so valuable that they traded it for their lives at the war's end; otherwise they would've been executed for war crimes, as they richly deserved to be.
 RyanohRyan
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/23/2013 1:25:05 PM
There is a place near my work which drives limos to the ghetto areas in LA(Garden Grove, CA).

They offer money to those who are less fortunate, in return, they take experimental drugs/hormones.

The other day I saw a group of them walk out of the "office". One began convulsing and throw up uncontrollably.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Experimentation on men who are on death row then experiments on animals