Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Home interior design application?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Holly63
Msg: 1
Home interior design application? Page 1 of 1    
I'm needing lots of interior decorating / design ideas for my old house.....painting, ripping walls out etc.

I have the photos of each room in my house before I bought it ( 3 months ago) and I'm wondering if there's some sort of online (free) application I can use .....sort of like PhotoShop.....to play around with the photos for ideas?

I'm not computer savvy so even some basic app will suffice...if one exists. Thanks guys for any help. xx
 Holly63
Msg: 2
Home interior design application?
Posted: 5/16/2013 7:23:44 PM
Hmmmm. I've asked around too and no one (so far) thinks any such thing exists. Bummer. Oh well. :(
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 3
Posted: 5/16/2013 7:58:00 PM

Hmmmm. I've asked around too and no one (so far) thinks any such thing exists. Bummer. Oh well. :(

I did an internet search and found a bunch of them.

Sweet Home 3D, seems to be the most popular, but the issue you are going to find, is that they require quite of a bit of work to get the information into the program before you are able to start using it.
 Holly63
Msg: 4
Posted: 5/16/2013 8:43:01 PM
Thanks Aristotle.

I just checked out Sweet Home 3D but from my undertanding its used for people who want to design their homes from scratch, not edit over and over again the photos you already have of your house to see how new wall colours will look etc. :(
 Bobby Z man
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/17/2013 5:26:18 AM
Look at the Sherwin Williams site. (Link below.) They claim to have what you are looking for, sort of.

You upload a photo or use their stock photos, and change colors with the supplied tools. I've only tried it once about a year ago with the then version of Firefox and it didn't work as advertised with uploaded photos but worked well with the stock photos. It may work better now. May work best in another browser like IE. But give this a try and see if it dose what you want.

Let us know how it worked for you.

http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/try-on-colors/color-visualizer/?WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=OPT%20PPC%20DIY&ppc=google&kw=Color+Visualizer+Tool&mkwid=sl0ncmxhC&pcrid=12094516858&pkw=sherwin%20william&pmt=e&gclid=COfzt9mPnbcCFUee4AodhTcAbA
 Holly63
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/21/2013 7:00:44 PM
Thanks bobby....Thats exactly what I was looking for!! You're a gem.

I use IE and uploaded my photos with no problem. Thanks again!! xx
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 5/21/2013 7:46:25 PM
Here's a simple one:

http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/try-on-colors/color-visualizer/

I haven't tried it, but it says you can upload your own photo, then drag and drop Sherwin Williams colors onto it.

I've seen other paint sellers offering that sort of thing. I'd recommend looking on the website that serves the brands of paint sold in your area.

Whup! Bobby beat me to it. Good show.
 Bobby Z man
Msg: 8
Posted: 5/22/2013 7:45:01 AM
Glad to be of help. Also glad you found what you were looking for.
Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > Home interior design application?