Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > STIs when 40 plus      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 1
view profile
History
STIs when 40 plusPage 1 of 1    
Do you think about that aspect of checking your health?

My late teens were late 80's early 90's and no one could escape what the new sexual disease HIV/Aids. With no reason I regularly tested to make certain I was okay to date but then go married, got older and was not chancing life and just put it off.

When I decided to internet date I did have a normal check but not the full check for sexual transmitted ( now rectified) . Now Chlamydia is the big thing as it can be so underlying.

Do you sexual health checks?
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 2
view profile
History
STIs when 40 plus
Posted: 6/7/2013 4:25:05 PM
I do. I seem to recall a similar thread last year. . I do think everyone should get tested at least once a year. Obviously not those who have had no sexual encounters. Some things are better nipped in the bud.
 DAFT_DOG
Msg: 4
view profile
History
STIs when 40 plus
Posted: 6/7/2013 9:48:11 PM
well, having gone 6 years since my last sexual session, its not something i need to currently worry about ! :O)
 TheRe-SownRose
Msg: 5
view profile
History
STIs when 40 plus
Posted: 6/8/2013 12:32:22 AM
I don't think about it much as I go through long periods of celibacy lol!
I've only ever been tested once for everything last year as I had concerns about the person I was seeing.
It was all good though!
I won't worry about it until I have another sexual partner, probably about 5 years from now!!
 GeordieColin
Msg: 6
view profile
History
STIs when 40 plus
Posted: 6/9/2013 3:13:50 PM
After a while having a number of small umbrella's opened inside your Japs eye then pulled out can become a rather pleasurable experience. So I heard.
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 7
view profile
History
STIs when 40 plus
Posted: 6/10/2013 5:35:39 AM
As mentioned in last years post I was tested three times last year. I am a big nanbie pambie. Blood samples, urine sample sample under the foreskin, yes I have one, very popular with americans they are, and yes a quick nick (not of york i hasten to add) with a cotton bud from the pizz slit. Also another swab from the throat which is swirled over an agar plate. A look around your genitals for warts and crabs. I guess men who are passive in anal, have to go in the styrrups and have tests up there like women. I will ask a pal. I dont do that myself, as it hurts like buggery!
 Nottinghamfellow
Msg: 8
view profile
History
STIs when 40 plus
Posted: 6/12/2013 2:59:30 PM
I had that problem earlier with logging off and on etc. Just a glitch I think. I dont think it sounds like the OP is shagging all and sundry just testing the waters to see how many of us are getting checked for a pox when over 40 and I think it has been good as an aide memoir for us all to take our health and well being seriously. There is an increase of syphallis, or however it is spelled, in Nottingham and it's certainly not my fault! A colleague of mine had not had sex for nine years and after one session got a dose of Clamydia (can't spell, won't spell!) so it is good to go. . . To an aside, I have a pal who works in a school and a girl there has the name Clamydia, what a lark. . I can only guess the parents thought it sounds so posh!
 Keeley345
Msg: 10
view profile
History
STIs when 40 plus
Posted: 6/14/2013 2:12:36 PM
This is an interesting post and does apply to those in their late 30's too. I like to date older guys usually about 10-12yrs older. I'm in my late 20's and remain celibate (until i date someone) exclusively. I'm update to date with sexual health issues. The guys I date are not promiscuous and i'm guessing because of their age, they've been there and done that and are looking for exclusive relationships?

But some guys I've dated have been aloof when it comes to STI's and contraception. Not all guys at that age are closed off to that sort of thing but my gentleman friends have been. Depending on the man regardless of age, if he's not sexually active or has little interest in sex, he will go a while without sex and anything associated with contraception and STI testing, is put on the back burner and forgotten. At least that's what i've found with my relationships. One late 30's guy I dated did not have condoms at his house and was embarrassed and annoyed when I questioned this.
 GeordieColin
Msg: 11
view profile
History
STIs when 40 plus
Posted: 6/14/2013 3:14:18 PM
anyone not well versed in what used to be a part of a STD test for a male. It did include a number of Umberella's down the Japs eye. Maybe I am one of the few who has been careful for a very long time? ;-)
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  > STIs when 40 plus