Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > IRL do you always notice attractive men?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 southbc
Msg: 1
IRL do you always notice attractive men?Page 1 of 1    
I was shopping in Staples the other day, and recognized a lady from her POF pic. I find her attractive, but she didn't so much as glance in my direction.

For me, and I think for most men, if we see an attractive woman we're going to look at her. I don't mean stare at her, but we'll definitely take her in.

Is it the same for women?
 theforumfiend
Msg: 2
IRL do you always notice attractive men?
Posted: 6/15/2013 10:37:28 AM
Most of the women I know will look, but you wouldn't know it. Plus what one woman finds attractive is not always what another finds attractive.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2013 10:41:55 AM
Depending on the woman and the situation... sure.

I notice beautiful things all around me. What someone looks like rarely stops me in my tracks long enough for me to stare.

BTW.. staring is rude and creepy. Look, enjoy... don't stare.
 LeeleePhoenix
Msg: 4
Posted: 6/15/2013 10:48:37 AM
Yes, but I'm not going to glance at men unless I'm in a situation where I'm actively looking to meet someone.
 jessebunnies
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2013 11:05:20 AM
Who doesn't love a little eye candy now and then. That being said I don't stare and I don't spend much time on it. I might glance and smile but I'm not going to stop dead in my tracks in the grocery store to stare or chase him all around. A couple of seconds is all I put into it. For all I know the guy could be married, gay or otherwise not looking. Not gonna let my chin hang to floor and start drooling like some guys do.
 southbc
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/15/2013 11:14:19 AM
I think I'd better make my question a bit plainer.

If she didn't look at me at all, does it mean she probably doesn't find me attractive?

(And yes, I can tell when a woman obviously finds me attractive; I'm wondering whether her not noticing me is an indication that she finds me unattractive).
 jessebunnies
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2013 11:56:26 AM
If she didn't look at me at all,

If she didn't look at you then she doesn't know you exist. Meaning she didn't even know whether your attractive or not because she didn't see you.

I wouldn't gauge how attractive I am as to whether someone notices me or not. I know when I'm out let's say grocery shopping, getting gas whatever then I don't necessarily look at men or go with that frame of mind. I'm just out doing my own thing.

Furthermore as the poster above posted women are sneaky about looking. I can see you out of the corner of my eye or as I'm pulling up, I have my ways that you would never even know so it's possible she did notice you. If she did find you attractive what are you expecting. Most women outside of a bar situation will not come up to you. Just my thoughts on it anyway.
 import_from_UK
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/15/2013 7:07:54 PM

Most of the women I know will look, but you wouldn't know it. Plus what one woman finds attractive is not always what another finds attractive.

That's very, very true.

Just today I was out with a friend of mine. We were taking photographs of an abandoned house and some rusted out cars on the property after speaking with a neighbor to ensure that it wasn't occupied and that the owners were unlikely to mind. Sure enough, we hadn't been there long when the owner appeared, driving up in his truck.

Chatting to him, my friend thought he was one of the most attractive men she's ever seen. Although he was a lovely man, and had an easy manner, I just couldn't see it. He spoke about his wife and grown children and some of the projects he was working on and was a really interesting character and my friend stood their, bog eyed and drawling at the mouth like a teenager.

Talking to her afterwards as she gushed about him, I had to admit that had I walked passed him on the street, I likely wouldn't have even noticed him and yet it was clear, in the same situation, her head would have done a 180 immediately.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/15/2013 8:32:46 PM
Of course I notice attractive men and women. I am a visual person.
 daynadaze
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2013 10:02:45 PM
Sometimes I notice, of course what I think is good looking is my own view, but all I'm thinking is that he's good looking. Nothing more, I'm not having some sexual attraction or any thing like that, I don't know him so being attracted to him hasn't happened yet.
 Bachelorette.Number1
Msg: 12
Posted: 6/15/2013 10:17:21 PM
Yes, but you may never know it. We also may already know if you have a ring on your left hand, if your shirt is tucked in or out, if you have nice hair, and we may even know what car you drove up in and we certainly noticed what you were buying.
We're just a bit more stealthy.
 Hands of gold
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 6/15/2013 11:56:32 PM
At the grocery store, I do a second and even third pass-by to give her another chance to look. Or is that for me to look?
I think making eye contact is the only way I can tell if a girl is interested. Guys will make a point of looking into a girl's eyes if he finds her attractive. That is after he has checked her boobs and butt.
 Fleuron
Msg: 14
Posted: 6/16/2013 10:44:35 AM
^^^^^^^ That’s kinda sad.

If she didn't look at me at all, does it mean she probably doesn't find me attractive?

Aren’t you obsessing just a bit over nothing? Why do you care so much about what a total stranger thinks of you? How could she find you attractive or unattractive or anything else if she didn’t look at you at all? Maybe she did look at you and then went on with her life. I might look at a man I find attractive, but then I go on with my life. You make it sound like since you find her attractive, if she finds you attractive (which she must decide immediately from a brief glance in Staples) she should be acting on it somehow? If she looks at you for 8.3 seconds instead of only 7.5, you’ll introduce yourself because she obviously finds you a fraction of a second more attractive?

What does recognizing her from her PoF profile have to do with it? Do you assume since she (supposedly) has a dating profile she’s constantly on the make, desperately searching for any man who looks in her direction?

For me, and I think for most men, if we see an attractive woman we're going to look at her. I don't mean stare at her, but we'll definitely take her in.

Is it the same for women?

I’m not desperate, and I don’t want a man who acts desperate by imagining potential interest with any “attractive” woman who happens to wander within his sight range.

Some men do stare. Sometimes I pretend I’m picking my nose so he’ll stop.
 BabblingBrookes
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/16/2013 11:26:05 AM
I don't notice most guys when I'm out and about. I'm focused on what I'm doing. Now, if I'm driving and I see a beautiful man with a well-made body jogging, I will try to catch a glimpse without crashing.

Funnily enough, the most beautiful man I've ever seen was a waiter at an Italian restaurant I went to over a decade ago. I honestly gasped when I saw him and looked away to avoid getting caught. I poked my sister to take a look, she turned and said, "JESUS!" when he began walking towards us. Thank goodness he wasn't our waiter. *lol* She turned bright red and we promptly began gushing about how beautiful he was.

So yes, women notice when a guy is attractive. Personally, I don't find most men attractive enough to make me stop and pay attention. I've learned the art of looking around without making eye contact. I only note attractiveness when I'm actively looking for someone. Otherwise, there's no point.
 Indira46
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2013 11:48:34 AM
I notice everything and everyone.
 Fleuron
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/16/2013 12:22:05 PM

If anyone knows about sad.....Humor goes right over some people's heads sometimes. I guess you have to be on the ball to get it. The funny part is that you seem to have disdain for men who stare (that happens?????) and think I'm sad because I don't. We all seem to be doing it wrong. Once again men are idiots and you're above it all. Blah blah...broken record...blah blah.....I have to hate on men to feel better...blah blah. I often wonder why people like you even exist.

Wow, sorry about your issues. All that from “that’s kinda sad.” I’ll upgrade it to “very sad.”

I love men and humor. Too bad you don’t have any.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > IRL do you always notice attractive men?