Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Scorpio Man      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 marinchik
Msg: 1
Scorpio ManPage 1 of 1    
Hi everyone,
I just recently started to talk to a scorpion guy. We have not met in person yet, since he is on the business trip and won't be back till Sunday. He appears very discreet and does not talk much about himself. He never asks me anything about me either. Is that weird? I don't like bragging about myself. What do I talk to him about? In today email he made a progress lol, and said " I like hearing about what you do, you seem very driven :-) " and yet he never asked me to tell him anything about what I do or any of my interest.
Is that a normal behaviour for scorpion guy? Does he want me to volunteer information on my own? While on the topic, do scorpion guys like driven women or do they prefer unambitious women? Any tips are highly appreciated.
Marina
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 2
Scorpio Man
Posted: 6/23/2013 2:56:29 PM
I hope that you are not ultimately stung by this relationship in the end.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 3
Scorpio Man
Posted: 6/23/2013 8:42:23 PM
Gawd I hate peeps who know nothing about astrology so base their questions on sun sign alone. If you're just looking at sun sign then yes, that is typical scorpio communication. It doesn't get better when you know them longer.

But a chatty mercury sign (like Gemini or Sag) could modify that. As can a whole lot of other factors. Best if you not make relationship decisions on sun sign alone.

Scorpios tend to prefer ambitious partners.

Cowboy could also be correct.
 billingsmason
Msg: 4
Scorpio Man
Posted: 6/24/2013 12:32:20 AM
another take on this could be he doesn't want to press you.

I generally don't ask a lot of questions or pry at all. rather things just "work themselves out". I don't ask for phone numbers, or things like where do you live or work..... because this whole scene is a little weird. there are stalkers/ creepers/ nuts on the web.

natural conversation flows.... if one says something about work- then sure I'll pick it up and go into it, but it should be pretty natural, not prying or having to drop hints to slow down either.

he came right out and said he likes hearing about what you do, and that you're driven.

as far as astrology goes..... if you poled every scorpio guy.... and compared to every other sign guy.... the "normal" would still fall between the two extremes (just with 8.33 % in his sign, or 4.165 % before or after the 7th of nov...) but generally generalizations are wrong.
vedic astrology was invented before all the planets were even discovered, and is pretty damn accurate.

to get a glimpse deeper into him, you would need to know when and where he was born, as in exact coordinates and time to the second. other than that the books will spout some generic trait like he likes his d*ck sucked...

best bet is to believe what he says he likes...
 whippedboi
Msg: 5
Scorpio Man
Posted: 6/24/2013 12:57:40 PM

Gawd I hate peeps who know nothing about astrology so base their questions on sun sign alone.

I also dislike people who know nothing about reading chicken entrails, who base everything only on the blood vessels and ignore the other guts
 SuperFunGuy
Msg: 6
Scorpio Man
Posted: 6/24/2013 1:33:22 PM
I like ambitious women. But I don't like stating everything about myself in a email conversation. I like meeting women in person, from there they can ask me whatever they want. At least there is something to talk about in person.
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 7
Scorpio Man
Posted: 6/24/2013 3:13:13 PM
Thanks whippedboi! That reminded me to correct my original post.

My apologies Marinchik, I did not mean to say I hate people who base their relationship compatibility on sun sign alone. I meant to say I hate when people who know nothing about astrology base their relationship compatibility on sun sign alone. Hate the action, not the person, as it were.

As far as scorpios and ambition - scorpio is a water sign which is characterized by being inner focused, maybe having deep emotions but not showing them, likes to get below the surface (they may ask a lot of questions without providing info in return).

Ambition, however, being more outer focused, is more a character of earth signs (Virgo, Capricorn, Taurus). In fact, being overly ambitious is often cited as a negative characteristic of capricorns.

Not to say that ONLY earth signs can be ambitious, just saying that ambition is not a defining trait for water signs like it is for earth signs.
 marinchik
Msg: 8
Scorpio Man
Posted: 6/24/2013 3:31:22 PM
Hi everyone,
You are absolutely correct I do not know much about astrology even I am very fascinated by it. I think to an extent an astrology can be a very accurate predictor.
What is the difference between ambitious and driven? He keeps saying that I strike him as a driven person. I noticed that some of you say that scorpions like ambitious women. To me these two words are synonyms. Can you please clarify that?
I am leo myself, born aug 9, 1983 at 5:45 pm.
Have a good day everyone :-)
Marina
 Double Cabin
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Scorpio Man
Posted: 6/24/2013 5:51:46 PM
The only good thing I ever heard about Astrology was in Donald Regan's "For the Record." He pointed out that Nancy Reagen organized President Reagen's calendar only after consulting her Astrologer. That meant all of his decisions were random, so they couldn't all be bad.

3 biggest Alarm Bells from women for good men on POF:

1) "No games...players...cheaters."
2) "Are you a typical [insert sign here.]
3) Any woman that lists Shopping as a favorite activity.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Scorpio Man