Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > "Say My Name!"...what?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 1
view profile
History
"Say My Name!"...what?Page 1 of 1    
Okay. I searched and didnt find anything and I have my theories but I thought it would be a good thing to ask.

A friend went on his third date with a gal last night. He relayed success this morning and then went a little quiet. I asked him if it was good and he said "Yes. We went home and we had some excellent love making."..then he got quiet and said "During...she grabbed my head and said "Say my name...SAY MY NAME!"
He said he was so shocked he didnt know what to do and said "uh" about three times before he got it out. He also said she did it a few more times during the night.
He said he was okay with it, but was wondering what it was for.
I asked if it was okay if I asked the forums and he said "Sure...no names though!"

Like I said I have my theories, but I wanted to get some unvarnished opinions. I have personally never run into this.

Anyone want to enlighten me on the real meaning of this behavior?
 jessebunnies
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Say My Name!...what?
Posted: 6/25/2013 8:45:12 AM
For me it would be a way of personally connecting like he's right there in the moment with me not pumping it out thinking about Julie last night or something. Especially if we just met, sex tends to be very impersonal anyway. I'm turning him on, making him go crazy kind of thing.

I don't think I've ever done that during the moment so that's the best I can think of. I've certainly done it outside the bedroom. Like when a guy is texting me saying my name, kind of begging, making it personal it's huge turn on for me. Let's me know I'm on his mind.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Say My Name!...what?
Posted: 6/25/2013 8:52:36 AM
Thanks Jessiebunnies,
My explanation had a rather (my take) negative connotation to it. Nice to see this can be a positive too.

Cowboy: He knows her name. I think she wants confirmation!

I aslo have the question in if she has ever had an unfaithful BF before.

More opinions please? I would love to hear from someone who actually does this so I can get accurate information.
 annywn
Msg: 4
Say My Name!...what?
Posted: 6/25/2013 9:11:05 AM
OP~ It is simply a fetish she has. Also shows she REALLY likes be dominate in that situation. If she pulled that out of her bag of tricks the first night, your friend should be aware there is alot more comming.lol.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 5
Say My Name!...what?
Posted: 6/25/2013 9:16:16 AM
What's the big deal? So the woman wants to hear him saying her name while they are lovemaking?
That is not a wild request and most people would find that rather endearing.
Would he not feel good if she breathlessly said, "...Fred, yes, Yes, YES!!..." assuming his name is Fred, of course.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Say My Name!...what?
Posted: 6/25/2013 9:21:57 AM
^^^^He says it felt more like a demand. Like a "are you thinking of somebody else right now?" (his words)
He's over my shoulder now and he says it was NOT a request. She also "pushed his head away" after she heard him.
He says it was sort of a mood breaker too.

VVVVV okay I guess it was the abruptness of it. He says he doesnt mind...just wants to know the motivations behind it.
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 7
Say My Name!...what?
Posted: 6/25/2013 9:34:06 AM
^^^^^^ it happens. you wind up in bed with somebody and all of a sudden they're asking you to do some weird shit. but it's not sudden to them... they were thinking about it long before you showed up.

personally, i don't need these kinds of surprises. (you want me to whaaaaaaaaat?!?!?) um, no. once was more than enough for me! this is why every potential future love interest has to talk to my lawyer first. (please fill out this 5-page deposition.)

j/k. they are not sexually compatible, there's a lil' story for the grandkids some day. lol next
 Pinky127
Msg: 8
Say My Name!...what?
Posted: 6/25/2013 9:39:01 AM
Sounds bl00dy weird to *me*.

Ive never been in this scenario but maybe she thought he'd bedded so many women that she was just another notch on his bedpost?
*shrug*
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 9
Say My Name!...what?
Posted: 6/25/2013 9:40:28 AM

Anyone want to enlighten me on the real meaning of this behavior?

I will.

It is called human nature, thus it is unique both to the situation and the individual.

Therefore the persons reasons for doing it, are unique to them and them alone, and can not be summarized by a 3rd party.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 10
Say My Name!...what?
Posted: 6/25/2013 10:17:17 AM
He will have to determine if he is comfortable calling out her name (whether prompted or not) during lovemaking.
In my experience, I have always been very attracted to my partner and using her name occurs naturally.
 April1963
Msg: 11
Say My Name!...what?
Posted: 6/25/2013 10:43:39 AM

What's the big deal? So the woman wants to hear him saying her name while they are lovemaking?
That is not a wild request and most people would find that rather endearing.
Would he not feel good if she breathlessly said, "...Fred, yes, Yes, YES!!..." assuming his name is Fred, of course.

+10

Hey lonescottishboy,your friend is not funnn,..............can you ask him to tell us his little dirty kinky secret when he is having sex too?
tell him that don't worry because we will not tell anyone....it will be our little dirty kinky
secret!

ETA:
Lonescottish,say my NAME.... Say it LOUDER....Again.....mmmmmm ok!
I'm sorry I could not resist..lol
 justlookingvt
Msg: 12
Say My Name!...what?
Posted: 6/25/2013 10:55:56 AM

In my experience, I have always been very attracted to my partner and using her name occurs naturally.

That’s what I was thinking too, and I think that thought is closely related to what jessebunnies mentioned as well.

My guess is that her request for him to say her name was prompted more by a need she may have had to know she wasn’t having meaningless sex (highly possible on a third date) than her having a fetish or a control issue.

As clearly implied in Eric’s comment, the use of one’s partner name indicates an emotional bond, one which may be important to her when engaging in sex. The use of a person’s name has been shown to be a very powerful psychological tool in the formation of a bond between individuals. The existence of that bond is likely very important to her during sexual activity, she certainly wouldn’t be the only woman to whom it is. ;-)

LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Say My Name!...what?
Posted: 6/25/2013 11:27:34 AM
Okay. I got the skinny. She called during lunch to tell him what a wonderful time she had and he asked (brave!).
She said she wanted to make sure he "was with her and not somebody else".
Apparently she had been burned a few times....plus she gets randy when she drinks Tequila.

Mystery solved.
Thanks for your help all.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Say My Name!...what?
Posted: 6/25/2013 11:47:27 AM
^^^^Oh I totally get it. He's a little more vanilla than I am.

I have a kilt with my family tartan and a suit of japanese armour that needs airing out once in a while...and a GF who love dress up...;)
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 15
Say My Name!...what?
Posted: 6/25/2013 11:52:34 AM
That is great to hear. It sounds like she simply wanted the "affirmation" of her own name being used.
My name is Eric and goodness knows it motivates me when my happy girlfriend purrs my name to me, too.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > "Say My Name!"...what?