Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > any pointers      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 firefly416
Msg: 2
view profile
History
any pointersPage 1 of 1    
The written part is pretty good. Add a bunch more photos and a short paragraph about what kind of women (traits) you'd like to meet.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
any pointers
Posted: 6/26/2013 4:02:12 AM
My suggestion is to change language from woMEN to woMAN so the reader feels like you are speaking to HER, rather than untold thousands who might also see the narrative. That will naturally require rephrasing the sentences.
 ouija2013
Msg: 4
any pointers
Posted: 6/26/2013 5:44:45 AM
Hi :) and welcome to my coffee break/ free advice.
One photo.. no. Room for 8, pls get 8 posted :/
Header - makes you sound a bit insecure about your looks. Women like confident men so change it.
You use the word GUY oodles.
So you did a brief summary of you - what drives you, what are your passions?
Who are you seeking - describe her.. not blonde 120 pds but traits
 firefly416
Msg: 7
view profile
History
any pointers
Posted: 7/10/2013 4:25:54 PM
I still don't think one not-great photo is going to get anyone to read your profile (except us). Okay I see someone told you to change women to woman. But you also changed it a few times in the wrong place. Woman is one of them; women are a bunch.

Capitalize all your i. Change the im to I'm many times. Yeah perhaps if a man looks so good that women are drooling while looking at the photos, they can get away with things like that. Regular people can't.
 ouija2013
Msg: 8
any pointers
Posted: 7/10/2013 4:26:11 PM
worst Header EVER! and how many times must people tell you it is WOMAN not WOMEN?
one picture means you are dead in the water ( and you were told that as well) Means you are hiding something - women aren't going to ask you to send more - plus you can't with the changes to POF.
So - Don;t use the words dead women in your header.
Easy peasy
and your friends and you are ball busters? wth????
confusing
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 10
any pointers
Posted: 7/10/2013 6:11:07 PM
I might only have one picture up for now but it represents me well

Hmmm...I don't know about that. I'm personally not keen on what you have now as a primary pic. You appear quite tipsy - not flattering and not the best first impression. Try for a decent, well lit, head and shoulder shot with a big smile, sans all booze, hats, caps, hoodies, friends, kiddies, sunglasses, etc.,

Your username denotes someone who's been burned so badly, ditched, jilted and jaded, trampled on and his heart almost destroyed. Not very optimistic if you ask me. At least, that's the impression you gave me immediately.

Headline: "Wanted: a good woman"
Not original at all and snoozeville. You don't want a "crappy" woman, do you? Of course ALL guys want a "good" woman. Try again! Be creative!

Btw, 'high school' is not capitalized unless it's prefixed by a name IE: London High School, etc.,

You're missing an apostrophe in, I'll and it's. You have a few of those in your profile. Minor, I know, but there are women out there who are sticklers for good grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc., You have erred in the spelling of, 'too.' I advise you run your profile through MS Word and correct ALL you can.

The name, Johnny Cash is capitalized.
 ouija2013
Msg: 11
any pointers
Posted: 7/10/2013 6:20:58 PM
yes, nver heard of a pack of men being called Ball busters before. Is that like a circle jerk?? DUH
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 14
any pointers
Posted: 7/10/2013 8:54:00 PM
We should seriously give up on this particular OP.
His horrendous spelling errors remain weeks after they were indicated to him.
Energy is best spent on people who care to improve their profiles.
 firefly416
Msg: 15
view profile
History
any pointers
Posted: 7/11/2013 5:01:31 PM
Yes, Eric is right. Next.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > any pointers