Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Question about applying to a job      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Talllkonnly
Msg: 2
Question about applying to a jobPage 1 of 1    
I'd do 3. The same person will probable be looking at it.
 April1963
Msg: 3
Question about applying to a job
Posted: 6/26/2013 11:19:20 PM
Same skill set for both positions?are you sure? Okay,do same cover letter but make minor changes to the resume.
But the changes that you need to do have to be related to the job you are applying, all the experience you have... Remember that what it counts for them is the experience.

Good luck!
 import_from_UK
Msg: 5
Posted: 6/27/2013 3:04:18 AM
I would do a separate cover letter and resume for each position but if both go to the same point of contact, I'd consider adding a separate letter explaining that I am applying for both as I'm really interested in working for that organisation and that the over lap in the required skill set suggests you are qualified for both. That way, once the HR department has done the initial sort through and eliminated the dross, your separate cover letters and resumes will go to the appropriate team leader/manager.

The reality is, that if you send only one, the organisation is not going to copy it and distribute it on your behalf to two separate departments. That runs the risk of your application only going in front of the person who HR thinks you are more suited to.
 ladymercury
Msg: 6
Posted: 6/28/2013 4:43:03 PM
Same sentiments. Provide separate applications for each position. If you are submitting by email then advise that you are applying for both positions and attach two documents including a cover letter and resume. On each cover letter make sure to reference the job number and title so the application goes to the appropriate hiring manager. You may want to look more closely at the positions being offered as even a small change in job duties will ask for different skills and or technical requirements.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Question about applying to a job