Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Paying to see our dating feedbacks      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mystic tiger
Msg: 1
Paying to see our dating feedbacksPage 1 of 1    
Hi, I would just like to say that I don't agree that someone can give feedback about a date with me and then I don't get to see it unless I upgrade. I feel that this is an infringement on my rights and that it is breaking data protection regulation. I would like to know others views on this matter. Because POF does this in many ways
 forum_moderator
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Paying to see our dating feedbacks
Posted: 7/15/2013 6:26:20 AM

Curious, what right do you feel it is infringing and how exactly do you think it is breaking data protection regulations?

mystic tiger
Msg: 3
Posted: 7/15/2013 6:28:26 AM
Surely, I have a right to see what anybody says about me. Also this applies that data stored about me should have my approval
 mystic tiger
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/15/2013 6:29:59 AM
So why has this been removed from the forum? Other people can disagree with me if I am wrong
 Bellacate
Msg: 5
Posted: 7/15/2013 7:06:39 AM
There should be a right of reply to the feedback. I wonder how many disgruntled members will leave negative feedback for another member despite no date simply because they did not like a response to an initial message. Will members who constantly leave negative feedback for other members ever be audited to verify that they actually met and had dates with the other members?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 6
Posted: 7/15/2013 7:15:36 AM
Don't worry about it. Nobody is going to take those so-called "dating reviews" seriously. They are just a silly novelty.
Why would anyone leave a glowing and positive review, anyway? To attract other men or women to date the person?
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/15/2013 9:54:47 AM
OP you are the only one who can see your dating feedback (if you pay for the privilege). I tested this with a friend. we gave each other feedback just to see what would happen. nobody else can see it. I think the whole thing is a weird idea quite frankly, but maybe it's just an attempt to make a dent in the # of heartbroken people tearing their hair out about why they never heard back from so-and-so after that allegedly smashing date.

There should be a right of reply to the feedback.

there is, it's called leave your own feedback for them and hope they'll be dumb enough to pay $$$ to read it.
or just send them a message.
 mystic tiger
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/15/2013 10:05:57 AM
Thanks to all who have replied. I agree with what has been stated. However, recently I was given this feedback from a first date which seemed to have gone well. I struggled to get away. So am not sure what the feedback is/was. But what I don't like is that every time I log on I get a message in big red letters announcing that I have been given feedback by this person but the only way I can read it is to upgrade. While I am not bothered, I am challenging the principle from POF that they should stoop to this level to encourage members to upgrade. :-(
 EmpireOfTheSun_
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/15/2013 12:05:39 PM
You guys kill me. Y'all spend all this money on dates and preparing for them, but don't want to give POF one dime for anything. As long as the messaging and browsing of profiles is free, everything else is fair game.
 forum_moderator
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2013 3:27:51 PM

If this really sticks in your craw, here's a novel idea - why not politely ask your last date under the guise of improving yourself if the date didn't work out. Simple as that - nothing to lose really but 5 minutes at best.

the other
Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then email CSR@POF here || Site Rules Here || Posting Clarifications Here || TOS ||
 mystic tiger
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/16/2013 2:00:08 AM
Moderator is missing the point. I am not concerned about what the actual feedback is. I am however concerned that POF is requesting us to give feedback on our dates but not explaining how the information will be used. Then to make matters worse, I keep getting this message announcing that I have been given feedback and would I like to see it only to find out that I have to upgrade to see it. As for the person who talks about giving something back to POF. Does he not see the adverts. As for the challenge that we are anonymous, its not true because this is a dating site and therefore we are not anonymous to the person we are trying to date, the most important person to us. I apologise as I haven't learn how to put quotes in here. But the person who has made the most sense for me is the 'Tamla Cowgirl' lady (sorry if that's the wrongly spelt name) who at the offset says that only the person the feedback is about and the person giving the feedback can see the feedback, although the moderator has not confirmed this.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2013 3:25:55 AM
^^^^^^^Op Give it a rest.

POF doesnt care if you give the feed back.
Its just a "novelty" and can help them generate money.

So what?

There is no place in the date rating feature to make personal comments such as:
He was really 5 foot 2 and had the breath of a drunken rotting rat, showed up in sandals with green toenail fungus and kept making this ticking noise with his plastic partial.

Its questions with multiple choice answers.

I say e mail this lady as suggested and ask her as a favor to you and ask if it was something you could change or not change for future reference. IF its some annoying habit/behavior then I could see wanting to know but if not.....You REALLY do not want to know a personal opinion based on things you cannot control.

You guys kill me. Y'all spend all this money on dates and preparing for them, but don't want to give POF one dime for anything.

^^^^^^^^

There ya go!!

Upgrade or be cheap..
Were you cheap?
Pull out a coupon?

Only do that on date 7
 forum_moderator
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 7/16/2013 4:06:58 AM

Moderator is missing the point. I am not concerned about what the actual feedback is. I am however concerned that POF is requesting us to give feedback on our dates but not explaining how the information will be used.

Granted, it would be nice to know how they use it - but at this point all we know it isn't being divulged to the public. However, if consistent patterns arise where you are consistently scoring low or unfavourably, the site may use it to help you in some manner - no one knows yet.

the other
Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then email CSR@POF here || Site Rules Here || Posting Clarifications Here || TOS ||
 import_from_UK
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/17/2013 4:26:33 AM
If it bothers you that much, pay your money and read it.
 mystic tiger
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/17/2013 5:19:37 AM
Thank you for the responses but please read my responses before telling that how to respond if I was bothered about the feedback. I will spell it out again I AM NOT BOTHERED ABOUT THE FEEDBACK, IT'S THE PRINCIPLE' that I am questioning
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/17/2013 5:36:47 AM
you're bothered by the principle?? the principle is self-evident ---> they want you to pay for the upgrade so you can see the useless feedback you got from some other person. you don't even have to date someone to get or leave feedback, btw..... all you really need is their message in your inbox.

this website is a business. they want your money and they're offering something in exchange that potentially has "perceived value". but since you keep repeating the fact that you aren't interested in the content of the feedback (just the principle), then I guess you won't be paying for that upgrade. fair enough. but if you don't care about the content and only the principle, what are you worried about? that some database manager somewhere is gonna find out what a nice guy you were when you met Gladys for a lemon drop martini? o noes!

the principle is their bottom line. get it?
 import_from_UK
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/17/2013 6:09:59 AM
If you truly weren't bothered, you wouldn't have created a thread! It's not the Principle at all, it's the fact someone might have said something negative about you and the knowledge is bugging you but not badly enough to put your hand in your pocket.

If you really were upset about the Principle, you wouldn't have explained what might have generated a negative review and instead, would have commented on just the unfairness rather than your spin on the circumstances. If you really weren't bothered, the notification that a review on you exists wouldn't bug you either.

The bottom line is, this is a means of generating revenue and it's steeping in the insecurities many have which present a need to defend ones actions. Those of us who really aren't bothered, wouldn't give a stuff what the wrong person thought of us on a date and likewise, someone who reads it and takes it at face value, wouldn't be a match for me so it's a great way of eliminating those who place higher value on the view of a stranger than our own conclusions following contact.

Just curious - but what data regulation are you citing this functionality is breaking?

Surely, I have a right to see what anybody says about me. Also this applies that data stored about me should have my approval
LMAO - Do you think FB lets you know if someone moans about you ? Good luck with that.
 Aristotle_Amadopolis
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/17/2013 6:26:58 AM

Thank you for the responses but please read my responses before telling that how to respond if I was bothered about the feedback. I will spell it out again I AM NOT BOTHERED ABOUT THE FEEDBACK, IT'S THE PRINCIPLE' that I am questioning

So the person who put a lower age than they actually are on their profile is worried about the principal.

That's some good old fashion internet irony right there.
 Ugottatry
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2018 6:02:00 AM
Don't think a Moderator will comment but let's see.

Replying to feedback is just opening the door to trouble.., not everyone gets along that just a fact of life, & considering how we view ourselves & how others view us etc.

However, we should be allowed to either approve or not allow the feedback from "dating feedback" to show on our profiles. I guess the work around would be just to block the individual if the date goes badly.

Yep! Ever since Marcus sold the business for $5 million plus, & congratulations to him, I'm betting the hotties are pouring out of the woodwork now... Anyways the money grab is on with the new owners....
 ForumLurker
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/28/2018 4:27:42 PM
Dude,
The last moderator walked away from these forums three years ago. Other than member posters monitoring the forums they are completely un-ruled and completely ignored by POF staff.

Markus Frind sold POF to Match Group about two and a half years ago (July 2015). And the sale price was more than half a billion USD, not five million.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlentyOfFish

The POF forums are something like a twilight zone episode.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 6/7/2018 3:06:44 AM

I'm betting the hotties are pouring out of the woodwork now... Anyways the money grab is on with the new owners....

Available hotties on POF? Or, just caricatures of them? Hotties aren't going to be pouring out of the woodwork in here, for the dating hopefuls who offer coffee, banter that is worth more than the coffee offered, and labeling it as a date. They WILL go to where the money is, not giving the first thought about discounting themselves right into "last act" bin, dating-wise.
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Paying to see our dating feedbacks