Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > To the Bryan Adams fans-- what is your favorite BA song and your favo      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sunriseguy5
Msg: 1
To the Bryan Adams fans-- what is your favorite BA song and your favorite album?Page 1 of 1    
I loved Bryan Adams music since i was 9 years old in the 5th grade (1985) when I discovered him and the album "reckless" on kid video (the cartoon from the 80s) and heard more of his music on the radio. Later I learned of his album "cuts like a knife" while shopping at a music store and that has been my favorite album since. My favorite BA song is "the only one" and i know it by heart and i can play the opening guitar riff and the chords for the song while singing.

"cuts like a knife" has other great songs like-- this time, straight from the heart, i'm ready, what's it gonna be and my other favorite track-- let him know. Most of the songs has personal meaning to me, like in "let him know" in which my first love showed her affections to me.

I even developed a persona when I do open mic nights with my guitar and when I do karaoke-- I am bryanadamsfrom1983.

cuts like a knife is timeless.

Any other BA fans out there who care to share their favorite BA song and album?
 SpringsDiver
Msg: 2
view profile
History
To the Bryan Adams fans-- what is your favorite BA song and your favorite album?
Posted: 7/16/2013 2:33:41 PM
When you love someone, though Cuts like a knife is excellent
 Celina1991
Msg: 3
To the Bryan Adams fans-- what is your favorite BA song and your favorite album?
Posted: 7/16/2013 4:03:32 PM
Fave BA CD is "Reckless" and fave BA song is "Run To You".
 sunriseguy5
Msg: 4
Posted: 7/16/2013 7:28:27 PM
thanks for sharing :)

the album 11 is growing on me.

"When you love someone" is pretty good to listen to on a quiet day and I agree that "cuts like a knife" is a great song, but I love the song "the only one" and "let him know" most from the cuts like a knife album.

Reckless was what got me into Bryan Adams' music as a kid and and "run to you" is a pretty rockin' song but I love "summer of 69," "one night love affair" and "heaven" the most out of the album Reckless.

You know Bryan Adams' duet with Barbara Streisand, "I Finally Found Someone" is also growing on me over the years.

thanks everyone :)
 skoochie
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2013 3:15:06 AM
I got my first real six-string
Bought it at the five-and-dime
Played it till my fingers bled
Was the summer of '69

When that song starts, it demands to be turned up.
 cooldog65
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2013 7:14:53 AM
How about the one song Bryan Adams would like to forget about...Let Me Take You Dancing (1979). Bryan goes disco.

It's Only Love, Somebody, Cuts Like a Knife all rocked.
 sunriseguy5
Msg: 7
Posted: 7/19/2013 2:02:12 PM
i actually heard the song, "let me take you dancing"on youtube and it isn't that bad. In the 1980s people shunned 70s music and in the 90s people shunned 80s music but these days, music is just music.

So no one likes the song "the only one" or "let him know" . . . guess the singles are the more well know ones .
 THEKidWicked
Msg: 8
Posted: 7/20/2013 10:43:59 AM
was always a big fan of Remember. might be on the first album. breat tune.

i've been in vancouver my whole life and i've yet to see him play live.

k.w.
that needs to change
 melodyof_k
Msg: 9
Posted: 7/20/2013 8:06:03 PM
someone gave me an ipod filled with music.
I loved some of the songs and when I found out who sang and wrote them I saw that it was Bryan Adams.
yes...I love so many of his songs.
I will go and listen and come back to post my favs.

I agree with you OP..
that these days music is liked for the sound and not for when it was made.
 ellymyosotis
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2013 12:29:58 PM
One of the best concerts I ever attended was Bryan Adams. I was transfixed.

Album - Reckless
Track - Always be Right There
 ANewHope77
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/1/2013 12:54:54 AM
I was an old school fan. Way before he had that damn ROBIN HOOD song.

I'll be boring and say that 'Summer of '69' is his masterpiece. That chord change from the verse to the bridge is one of the greatest moments in rock. Gets me every time.

But when he got to the 'Waking Up The Neighbours' he hooked up with producer Mutt Lange, and Lange's sound was so all over that record I thought it just sounded like Def Leppard.
 sunriseguy5
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/1/2013 5:15:10 PM
Well there are two kind of Bryan Adams fans -- the fans of his early music (Reckless and earlier) and the fans of his later music (Waking up the Neighbors and on) and for me i love all his music. I esp. love his early music, like the song the "only one" I learned the chords and the guitar riffs for it because it is fun the play and sing to it. I don't know if any of you guys/gals play guitar but i do (rythym guitar) and i love doing cover songs of Bryan Adams because some of his songs are great for beginners and intermediate guitar players.

thanks for sharing everyone :)
 Dreamweaver_25
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2013 9:41:32 PM
I don't really have a favourite album, but I do have quite a few favourite songs:

- Summer of '69
- This Time
- Diana
- The Best Was Yet To Come
- Please Forgive Me
- Cuts Like a Knife
- She's Only Happy When She's Dancing
- Straight From the Heart
- Inside Out
- Room Service

The only song of his that I can't stand is Cloud Number Nine.
 Thatguy67
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2014 6:21:44 AM
For favourite song, I guess it would have to be "Victim Of Love" from his 1987 Into The Fire disc.

But my overall favourite album from him is his best known Reckless (1984). I give it a listen from time to time.
 razors_edge55
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2014 1:28:19 PM
"Heaven" I long to be there again, But there are more;@
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > To the Bryan Adams fans-- what is your favorite BA song and your favorite album?