Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > FRANK LLOYD Wrights falling water/price ttower      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Iredurbio2
Msg: 1
view profile
History
FRANK LLOYD Wrights falling water/price ttowerPage 1 of 1    
I am really looking forward to a trip to Bartlesville O K too see the only highrise FLLW ever had built.Then to Bear run P A to see a house that was truly ahead of its time and that tour is two days with a brunch at the house on the last.both will be at the end of september.Part of the 19 story high rise are hotel rooms from the original apartments .
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
FRANK LLOYD Wrights falling water/price ttower
Posted: 9/1/2013 9:26:21 AM
There's another FLW house close to Falling Water. At the time I visited it, which, admittedly was about 15 years go, it was owned by an English lord who collected houses by famous architects. It was, however, open to the public.

It's much smaller than Falling Water, which I found interesting, because it was easy to actually imagine myself living there.

And there was a fabulous art collection inside. I remember there being a Warhol over the bed in the master bedroom.

Maybe you'll get a chance to visit that one, too!

Have fun! Falling Water is amazing!
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 3
view profile
History
FRANK LLOYD Wrights falling water/price ttower
Posted: 12/2/2013 2:49:39 PM
Kansas City has the Community Christian Church at 46th and Main and it was designed by FLW. I've been inside and I have to say, I don't get it. It doesn't seem like anything special but what do I know. They did get the light steeple (he designed it originally but it was never made/ installed) a few years ago. You can see it for miles, including from my back yard, and that is interesting. TC
Show ALL Forums  > Travel  > FRANK LLOYD Wrights falling water/price ttower