Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dates from hell? Lets hear them!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Steam_Engenius
Msg: 2
Dates from hell? Lets hear them!Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Well at least you got some experience in what you don't like. Not every date is going to be great.
 VolcanoKing
Msg: 3
Dates from hell? Lets hear them!
Posted: 9/25/2013 10:14:50 PM
I think about the celphone thing alot, because I see people staring at them constantly, while driving, walking around, and yes, on dates. I ended a friendship with someone because he was on his phone constantly when we were together, texting other people when we were watching movies or out somewhere. Enough already. If I am not interesting enough for 2-3 hours of someone's time that they don't need to be screwing around on a phone, then I don't need the friendship.

Celphones must be more additive than crack. I dont totally understand it, but I do think it's harming our ability to deal with the real world.

Worst date? I have alot of duds. One of the strangest was with a guy I met on another site, we met up at Thai restaurant. He proceeded to stand up and show me all of his tattoos, shouted out a very off color joke to the waiter and then later yelled out loud "Does anyone know where I can get some heroin this time of night?" I about slid under my seat.
 gcdeb
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/25/2013 10:26:00 PM
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts3406449.aspx

There you go - 7 pages of stories for your reading pleasure.
Posted: 9/25/2013 10:26:16 PM
i was sitting across the table at starbucks with a gal and without warning, she pulled a .22 pistol out of her purse. can you imagine? any idiot knows you need at least a 9mm for minimal stopping power. i got up and left in disgust.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/25/2013 10:50:06 PM
After phone calls and emails through match dot com, I met a man at mountain village between our homes. When we arrived he insisted upon eating outside, although it was April and COLD in Roslyn, WA. All of the sane diners were inside the warm café.

I agreed to eat outside because I was warmly dressed after driving over snowy Blewett Pass. I was wearing a ski jacket, hat, snow boots and gloves. As soon as the waitress set down our food and walked away, he leaned forward and asked me to join him in GROUP SEX. My jaw hit the table. I was appalled. As soon as I could speak, I practically shouted, "NO WAY!" then suspiciously asked, "Whatever gave you the impression I'd be interested in THAT?"

"You said you were very liberal," he replied. "That refers to my political leanings, not my sexual inclinations," I retorted. I stood up and stomped to my car, forgetting to take a doggie bag. I drove back over Blewett Pass, hungry and fuming. When I got home I ran to my computer and changed my politics to "Liberal."
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2013 7:28:41 AM
I've had a few bad dates but I would never consider any of them in this category.
 Walts
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/26/2013 7:42:16 AM
I once went on a date with a woman, attractive in her own sorta way, yet her conversations beforehand aways leaned towards the sexual kind.

Boy was I pissed when during the whole date, and after, NOT ONCE did she mention the possibility of group sex with the waitress and bartender who I knew where game. I went home with the waitress and bartender. Not what I had planned.
 carolann0308
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2013 8:09:29 AM
Met a guy at a party and we were immediately attracted to one another, I could not wait to go out with him when he called me. I spent most of the next Saturday morning getting hair, nails etc done. He picked me up at school I was dressed to kill, and took me took me to his own hair appointment then dropped me off about an hour later after stopping at a deli to buy himeself a sub. Found out later on he had a real date that night.

But in the end the joke was on him.......we ended up married for 20 years. LOL
 phoenix_55
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/26/2013 9:27:30 AM
One guy hid in the shadows in the back of the bar so he could check me out. I hung around for about 30 minutes and he never appeared so I left. He later emailed me and told me he saw me but chose to not meet me because "I looked like a b*tch" ...

Then there was the guy who ran away screaming about bugs ... but we won't get into that ... he may have been possessed by a demon ;)

On a happier note, I had a great date last night with a really nice guy who didn't lie about anything. Maybe my luck is changing :)
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2013 9:32:38 AM
^^^^^

Give it time!
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2013 10:12:27 AM

making the caliber immaterial.

Are you saying that caliber doesn't matter?
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/26/2013 10:14:04 AM
LOL; well, the scariest in the date from hell kinda way was a guy who talked about how centered and at peace he was, talked about how spiritually enlightened and stuff he was, and after a slew of huge baggage people it sounded interesting to meet someone who was not bitter and angry at the world..

Turns out, the guy was huge (dead ringer for hulk hogan in looks and build; 6'5, probably 230 and blonde with one of those motorcycle rag thinggies; incredibly strong, and within five minutes in the small enclosed coffee shop (probably why I don't like them anymore; prefer outside LOL) he was SCREAMING at how ungrateful of *(&^O(* his kids were, (apparently he "only" got them for summers and found it so unfair he bailed on any visitation at all; he had not laid eyes on his kids nor paid any support for 7 years, so for SOME reason his kids did not really want a relationship with him nor have sufficient gratitude for what a good sperm donor he was)... spewed screaming abuse at his ex, how ungrateful wastes of space his( (*&(*& kids were, and at one point was so angry I literally thought he was going to throw a chair. I have never experienced someone so well BIG rant that out of control.

I smiled politely, said I as sorry he was having a tough time, got out of there, deleted my profile for six months; and have avoided enlightened centered people like the plague after that LOL

The scariest in terms of literal fear was last week, with a friend of mine. We we going out on his boat, and he had just backed his boat into the water and was getting ready to tie it onto the dock; when wind picked up and pulled the boat back, which pulled the car out of park and he literally got run over by his own car while he was in the lake... it was absolutely terrifying... another guy jumped in the car and took over the wheel and once he got his foot out from under the tire he was able to get up and back in; his arm was pretty messed up but somehow in spite of his truck being literally submerged above the steering wheel, he was able to get back in and drive it back up into the lot; though the door literally got torn almost off the hinges.

The scariest part after thinking I was itnessing someone drowning was after; he was obviously in shock, his front window was shattered and he had to literally tie the front door to almost closed since it was bent outside in and not shuttable...

and with all this with an engine that sounded like someone was shooting machine guns in it; his arm bleeding like he'd been in a slasher movie and water still pouring from the truck in front and back; he insisted on driving back to his house where I'd parked my car; which was a 25 minute drive.

I was waiting for him to pass out cold from shock or blood loss or have the truck all of a sudden lose its brakes/ spin out of control.

I felt horrible for him, but I literally was scared spitless for me too. Being a helpless passenger in a scenario like that? it was definitely memorable. :)

But we did make it back, I got his arm fixed up and his truck did not break down until literally right when he pulled it onto his property; so someone was looking out for us. He was one tough cookie. He as laughing about it eventually; but wow it was scary to witness.

My drive home that night was one of intense gratitude that he was ok.. and that so was I :)
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2013 12:35:56 PM

On a happier note, I had a great date last night with a really nice guy who didn't lie about anything. Maybe my luck is changing :)

@phoenix_55 ...What if he lied to you about not lying about anything?
This might be the beginning of some twisted film noir plot...O.o

Seriously though, good luck and congratulations! :)
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/26/2013 1:17:18 PM
My picker must be sufficient, no honest-to-goodness nightmarishly memorable dates.
I've had a couple where she was apparently a date-to-subsidize-dinner-each-night type, yet still otherwise pleasant.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/26/2013 1:31:16 PM
@lonescottishboy ... haha, I suppose you could look at it that way.

I should clarify to say (a) it was obvious he hadn't lied about smoking -- he didn't reek of stale cigarettes like many other "non-smokers" I've met; (b) his profile said he was 6'3" and he was a good head taller than me. Granted, I didn't actually measure his height, but it was apparent he was way taller than me; and (c) his body was indeed average -- not fat and not skinny. And he had manners and didn't eat like a starving field-hand using a shovel as an eating utensil lol

I was quite pleasantly surprised :)
 kj521
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/26/2013 1:39:31 PM
Moonbeamlover:

"We we going out on his boat, "

Glad you made it home safely after that one!

I just say NO to boating on a first date!

I had a guy ASK me to go sailing on a first meet....

I was more worried about having to swim through shark infested waters while being wisked away to a deserted island!

.I never considered a situation like yours though!......good to know!
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/26/2013 1:53:45 PM

Glad you made it home safely after that one!

I just say NO to boating on a first date!

I had a guy ASK me to go sailing on a first meet....

I was more worried about having to swim through shark infested waters while being wisked away to a deserted island!

.I never considered a situation like yours though!......good to know!

it wasn't a first date; we were friends; our first meet was a coffee date outside on the patio of a coffee shop (where a harley guy kept interjecting himself into our conversation; it as pretty funny) :) (our second was actually his daughter's wedding reception). So this was someone I knew, not a stranger.

This was his boat and he had done this a thousand times; could do it in his sleep. It was a freak accident, but it was a freak accident I happened to witness up close and personal. I literally thought for a couple brief seconds I was watching a person die. It was TERRIFYING. Then and during the drive back.

You living on the ocean though as opposed to one of Minnesota's 15,000 lakes, have more sharks to worry about than I do living in the land of great lakes. I only have to worry about getting bit by northerns and walleyes :) Though a second or third date, I say you go for it on the sailing; being out on the ocean with someone you're comfortable with sounds AWESOME. And I really doubt he'd run over himself with his truck.
 gtomustang
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/26/2013 2:39:36 PM
I'd hate to think someone's gonna read this, end up with a .22 pointed up their sternum or against the underside of their lower jaw and think, "hey, I'm gonna be OK, I read it on the Internet!" Yes, you will be in deep trouble if the bullet fails to punch thru your bones (ie, fails to exit) and keeps riccocheting about your head or chest cavity. conduct yourself wisely. "stopping power" isn't the, uh, "silver bullet" people think it is. ask a cop going up against someone on PCP.

on another side issue:moonbeamlover, not to put you on the hot seat...by why didn't you call 911? I wouldn't take a 40 minute ride with someone possibly bleeding out and a broken foot. I got stuck in a moving truck when my father had his grand mal and locked the gas pedal to the floor, so I can imagine your terror. Nothing happened in your case ,but it could have and a phone call for help wouldn't have hurt either way. I'm assuming you just didn't have your phone or there was no service?

thank goodness, haven't had a date from hell--everyone was what I thought they'd be. and while that wasn't always a good thing :), I went in eyes-open, so I can't say it was a date from hell. I knew they'd be a disappointment, but I asked them to meet me in a place I was going anyway, and ending the evening wasn't a problem as a result.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/26/2013 2:49:01 PM

on another side issue:moonbeamlover, not to put you on the hot seat...by why didn't you call 911? I wouldn't take a 40 minute ride with someone possibly bleeding out and a broken foot. I got stuck in a moving truck when my father had his grand mal and locked the gas pedal to the floor, so I can imagine your terror. Nothing happened in your case ,but it could have and a phone call for help wouldn't have hurt either way. I'm assuming you just didn't have your phone or there was no service?

He literally wouldn't let me. He was an extreme sports guy; so he'd spent an entire lifetime doing "wild and crazy" dangerous things; so maybe in his grand scheme of things this wasn't that big a deal; and my offer for driving, calling a doctor, calling the police, whatever, every single last offer he utterly refused. Kept saying he was fine, while his arm bled like a stuck pig, he was white as a sheet, the car as dinging like crazy because of the open tied shut door and the machine gun sounding engine clacked like crazy until it finally sputtered and stopped when the truck died literally right hwen he got it on his property. There were a few other itnesses that offered to help too; he refused everything. He did end up using my phone (his was waterlogged so even rice didn't get working) to call his ex wife to ask her to drive him in the morning to work; though two minutes of his conversation she had hung up the phone freaking out and showed up instananeously to see what on earth happened. By that point he was pretty in shock, but utterly refused to get help. Only thing he let me do was get the stuff out of the back of the boat; since was not in a position to climb; and clean and make a bandage for his messed up arm and clean his head...which hit the dock and had all kinds of shattered glass from his shattered driver's door window in it.

vvv

I understand what you are saying dad :) But it is not as easy when you are there. The only way I could have stood up for my safety? as to let him drive home alone and call a cab. I could not have lived with myself letting him out there on teh road himself after he had just gone through that. And the good news was, we actually followed a policeman almost the entire last 2/3rds so at least if he had crashed, the cop would have been less than 100 feet away. And I guess some parts of me knew with him being a lifelong adrenaline junkie; he actually performed better under extreme circumstances, so I trusted him; i just didn't trust his truck.
 gtomustang
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/26/2013 2:55:07 PM
not to sound like your dad :) but for the sake of everyone reading...don't let other people take over your own safety. Out on the road, he could have crashed into a carload of kids if the brakes went (with a trailer!) and couldn't react fast enough due to his injuries. It ain't your responsiblity to reach over and grab the wheel.

its tough to stand up for yourself, rarely popular...but that day could have ended up differently. i'd rather lose a friend who wants to be macho, then risk lives on the road. but that's me. risking my own life is one thing, but risking other people is just disrespectful. just sayin', its OK to stand up for your own safety :)
 I_travel_light
Msg: 27
Posted: 9/26/2013 3:13:12 PM
I am with you Eric no really epically bad dates. I am jealous that no ever asked me to a threesome....maybe I should change it to very liberal...:). The only truly odd date was a man I met at a coffee shop who kept texting me every ten minutes starting about an hour before we met. Then when we did met he stood literal on top of me and said he had ADD and impulse control issue. Gee, I thought, who would ever guess that. He turned out to be harmless, put my 30 minutes in and sent a very polite email expressing the need to not see each other ever again. He concluded it was the way he looked.....ummmm only a little.
 pamioakley
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 9/26/2013 6:19:59 PM
I have had some less than happy dates, but only one real date from hell. That was the only date in my life that I actually exited when he went to the men's room. We met at a local pub where we could play pool, darts, have a drink and food was served. It was a Saturday afternoon. I did not meet him on POF. The minute we met, his eyes lit up and and he began to talk about how wonderful I was, how happy he was to meet met (so far so good), and that accelerated within 20 minutes to our future together. When we'd get engaged, move in together, etc. The waitress at the pub was close by and listening in on the conversation (I didn't realize that at the time). We played a game of darts and went back to the bar. I was EXTREMELY uncomfortable and it must have showed. He needed to use the men's room and left to do so. She approached me just as I looked at her and said I'll cover you. Get out of here NOW. I ran. Seriously. I ran out of the bar, jumped in my car and took off for home. It wasn't just a bad date, it was a scary date. Anyone that obsessed that quickly is creepy.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 29
Posted: 9/26/2013 6:25:22 PM

Posted by pamioakley:
"Anyone that obsessed that quickly is creepy."

Whoa, that was a crazy date for sure. Good on you for having the fortitude to ignore usual instincts to be "mannerly" and simply watch out for yourself. That server who covered you deserves a GREAT tip next time you eat there. :-)
 Paderic
Msg: 30
Posted: 9/26/2013 6:34:34 PM
I would rather hear from the other person in these anecdotes...
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 31
Posted: 9/26/2013 6:53:04 PM
I never had a date from hell. does that make me crazy?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dates from hell? Lets hear them!