Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Is she into me?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 thanasikala87
Msg: 1
Is she into me?Page 1 of 1    
Hi,

I just want to get peoples opinion about whether this girl is into me or not. So here is the story!!

I was at a train station and I heard someone shout out my name, I turned around and thought "wow, she's pretty but I can't think of her name". Turns out she was from school, now I can remember her. We walked back to the parking lot and chatted, laughed. We talked about what we had done since school, she has a beautiful and cute personality, I'm not sure what she's like around other people though. So I don't know if I made her launch or she's just like that. She kissed and hugged hello and goodbye, when she walked off we both turned around and looked at each other.

We chatted a bit on Facebook and messages, I asked if she was single and she said yes but had just gotten out of a relationship a month ago. I came on a bit too strong, suggesting a cruise down the coast and we ended up just going to Coogee beach together.

We talked a lot for about two hours, there wasn't really any gaps in conversation, but it sometimes stalled for a few seconds and she always started it again. We had a lot of eye contact too. We talked about our jobs, more about we've done since school, about our family in depth. She also opened up and revealed some things that has happened to her when she was younger and this stuff doesn't seem like something you'd share with everyone. At one point when she was talking about her grandfather and she almost fired, I of course tried to cheer her up.

I made lots of joked, some bad, but she always had a giggle and laughed. I can't remember the body language, but we were asking close together and bumping into each other a bit, not sure if on purpose. She seemed comfortable close to me, she even asked me to move closer at the beach.

After two hours I cut it off by saying a family BBQ, I asked her if she'd like to do something again. She giggled and smiled and asked "Like what, lunch or dinner, a date?" I didn't give a straight answer and said I'm for whatever you're comfortable with. I didn't get a straight answer at all. She said "I'm just thinking about it and making sure I chose the person who's right for me". I said "Ok, take care, hope to hear back".

When I got home I texted her and said thanks for coming out, I had a great time. She texted back and said "Thanks for coming out was really fun chatting and tanning :) hope you made the bbq okay.. Coolies, you plan the next one".

Now, looks like she wants to go out again and see if she's into me, so I think she's undecided if I'm a friend or potential relationship.

We chatted some more, small talk and I texted back something short and flirty and the conversation sort of closed off. That was on Sunday, so I've left it and will text her back tomorrow and ask how her week has been.

Not sure if I should do something during day, or dinner and a walk maybe.

She's Athletic, likes drawing Art and I think looking at it too (not sure) and she writes a little. I have to plan this one but not sure if I should keep it casual during day like friends or take her out for a nice dinner somewhere.

Sorry for the long winded post, I just need reassurance and some advice on the next/first date (not sure if beach counts lol)

Judging from I wrote about our conversation at the beach, not sure what all that means.

Cheers

Thanasi
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 2
Is she into me?
Posted: 10/1/2013 8:00:33 AM
She giggled and smiled and asked "Like what, lunch or dinner, a date?" I didn't give a straight answer and said I'm for whatever you're comfortable with.

DUDE... you totally blew it right there. Correct answer was "yes a date, I'll pick you up at 7, we'll go to a restaurant".

Just fking stop analyzing it and ask her out on a date dude. What's the worst that could happen? She says no you're a freak of nature and I hope I never see you again, and you move on. Or she says yes. If you don't ask you'll never know.

Now, not tomorrow. Call, don't text.
 curvesweetblonde99
Msg: 3
Is she into me?
Posted: 10/1/2013 1:12:34 PM
She prompted you to ask her on a date. Why didn't you set something up at that point?

When she said she is just looking at picking the right person for her she was basically telling you that she is dating other guys and will consider including you in the competition.

Do not keep it casual unless you want to remain her friend; take her out for dinner.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 4
Is she into me?
Posted: 10/1/2013 1:39:12 PM
Hey there...

sounds like you are REALLY trying to "figure things out" and "understand" what she is "really saying".

And how can you do that, without interaction? So you are trying to figure out how to have the interaction TO figure her out.

Several things in there lead me to think you are wondering if things are too good to be true or not.

Can I respectfully say that MAYBE you quit overanalyzing and trying to interpret every little thing, and just relax?

It sounds like she is enjoying your company. Can you enjoy hers without being hypersensitive to every little thing? Your being confident and relaxed and focusing on her will have you guys enjoying your company regardless of what exactly you end up doing. Also try and avoid doing the three day gap thing that so many people profess on purpose. Sometimes if you do that and someone IS interacting with several people, they will have other people start gaining momentun while you are out of sight, out of mind. There is nothing wrong and stalkerish about writing a sentence saying beautiful day, hope they are having a great week, looking forward to the next conversation or whatever. Low key, but shows THEM they are on your mind rather than you falling off the radar.

As to what you should do, if she's artistic, do something fun and funky, like a walk at a museum or art gallery, followed by a low key lunch after. It will feed her soul and have her interacting with you while you guys are both in a place she's comfortable and energized.

Best of luck
Is she into me?
Posted: 10/1/2013 1:59:03 PM

So I don't know if I made her launch or she's just like that.

you really hope that if she was launching, it wasn't about you. maybe she had some bad clams.
 thanasikala87
Msg: 6
Is she into me?
Posted: 10/1/2013 2:36:24 PM
Thanks for the responses people, I'm hopeless at dating if you haven't noticed and yeah I do overanalyse things haha...

Will call her tonight and ask her out on a date.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 7
Is she into me?
Posted: 10/1/2013 2:40:32 PM

Thanks for the responses people, I'm hopeless at dating if you haven't noticed and yeah I do overanalyse things haha...

Will call her tonight and ask her out on a date.

hey, you are FAR from alone on that one (the overanalyzing).

Good for you to move forward instead of sitting and wondering :)
 actualizing
Msg: 8
Is she into me?
Posted: 10/1/2013 4:46:47 PM
Okay OP, when you call her, be confident. I do believe confidence is the number one quality most women adore in men. It would be great if you had already done your homework to find out what kinds of restaurants have the best ambiance and food. Good luck! :)
 KratosSpawn
Msg: 9
Is she into me?
Posted: 10/1/2013 6:48:39 PM
Agreed with this post. This is really case of not knowing when she is choosing you and not being bold enough to close the deal with her in that situation. If you are feeling it and into her, go ahead and set up a get together. Be a definitive and assertive. Allow her to say No...don't tell yourself no before she can because you fear REJECTION.

It's tough love. But You Need It!
 thanasikala87
Msg: 10
Is she into me?
Posted: 10/2/2013 6:54:00 AM
LOL, ok. So here is what happened, not sure if she's being flirty or being a player which I don't mind.

I sent a text this morning saying How has your week been. She texts me back 6:30pm saying sorry she couldn't text etc and she had a long day.

Me "yeah thats's cool, I just washed my car and going out with friends". Then she sends a photo of her posing on bed with cleavage showing (but clothes on) and a caption saying "Aahhh bed... where have you been all my life" it was in snapchat and I took a screenshot so she knows cause it tells you (I didn't know haha).

Anyway I replied with a pic of my myself with a rised eyebrow and my shirt collar pulled down a bit, keeping it naughty. She replies in a text and says "loll.. Coolies I'll let you enjoy :)". I just sent a smiley reply.

Now, after the movie I called and she didn't answer. So I figured she was asleep. But I sent a another snapchat and she opened it, so she was awake. The snapchat was of me in bed pretending to be so tired, not a sexy one lol, more retarded.

ANYWAY... No replies.

I know, I'm over analysing. It's driving me crazy, I just need to vent.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 11
Is she into me?
Posted: 10/2/2013 7:10:07 AM
Dude I told you to call last night! Why didn't you?

She liked you a lot. She wanted you to ask her on a date when you were at the beach. But you didn't, you showed a lack of confidence and manliness. So she started to lose attraction (destination friendzone).

Now you could have pulled it back by calling her last night and asking her out. But you didn't, you mucked around with text messages and photos and that crap. You've confirmed to her that you're not a confident guy and her attraction to you has taken a nose dive.

Can you pull it back up? I don't know, but your chances are getting lower every minute you leave it. Call her up and ask her out, straight. Either she says yes or no.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 12
Is she into me?
Posted: 10/2/2013 7:23:31 AM
^^^^^^
Totally agree with everything he has posted. If there aren't any manuals out there available for men, I think we should start putting one together.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 13
Is she into me?
Posted: 10/2/2013 7:35:30 AM
Mark it up, he DID call her last night. She didn't answer.

Hopefully he left a message though. and NOT just that text. Nothing worse than a call no message. That is more passive than texts.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 14
Is she into me?
Posted: 10/2/2013 8:27:45 AM
You may be right. The timezones are a bit confusing for me. But that doesn't really change anything. All the passive texting and mucking around with pictures has confirmed her opinion that he is not a confident guy.
 thanasikala87
Msg: 15
Is she into me?
Posted: 10/2/2013 2:37:30 PM
Yeah, your right. I'm not confident but that's how I am right now, so what can I do until I simply gain some confidence :)

Anyway, I found out why she didn't answer my call. She sent me a text saying "Loll no worries..umm btw if you take screenshots of the chats the sender gets notified;)". I think she was upset, I apologised like three times >.<

Will not text at all today and try call tonight.
 thanasikala87
Msg: 16
Is she into me?
Posted: 10/2/2013 2:39:11 PM
I feel like a****now :(
 thanasikala87
Msg: 17
Is she into me?
Posted: 10/2/2013 6:39:16 PM
Ok, you guys are gonna kill me lol. I panicked and I regret every word I typed.

I think over gone past the point of no return.

Yep, I know. I'm retarded :-(

http://imageshack.us/a/img59/1826/bhyf.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img853/3360/dz3m.png

I'll just see what happens now >.<
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 18
Is she into me?
Posted: 10/3/2013 2:05:55 AM
Your second photo has been removed but I can guess the kind of stuff it says.
Bro we're not gonna kill you. It's your own chances that you've mucked up, not ours! We're trying to help you out here.
You need to learn from this, for next time. MAN UP! Women love confidence so if you want to woo them you need to act like a man, not a teenager.
Good luck :)
 daysleeper5
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Is she into me?
Posted: 10/3/2013 7:25:36 PM

She sent me a text saying "Loll no worries..umm btw if you take screenshots of the chats the sender gets notified;)". I think she was upset, I apologised like three times >.<

She was flirting with you!!!!!!! She gave you the smiley face with a wink. Why did you apologize? Stop being a timid mouse! You are acting like I did when I was a freshman in HS. I was so scared to talk to this girl that liked me that I avoided her all semester! The difference is that I was 14. How old are you? Come on, man.

We're not even talking about online dating. This is a real life woman that knows you and likes you. Every guy on here would kill for that situation. Whenever you interact with her again (text or whatever), tell her that the next time you two see each other will be a date.
 tatersprout
Msg: 20
Is she into me?
Posted: 10/4/2013 9:15:22 PM
Ha, this reminds me of the play "Cyrano".
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Is she into me?