Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > I lost contact (in a cold) with a friend/crush and regret it...how ca      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 2
I lost contact (in a cold) with a friend/crush and regret it...how can i contact him again?should I?Page 1 of 1    
at your age, you will be building lots of new friendships and losing old ones too. you're making mountains out of mole hills. if you don't have any feeeeelings for him what are you trying to prove a year later? leave the guy alone.
 usmale6
Msg: 3
I lost contact (in a cold) with a friend/crush and regret it...how can i contact him again?should I?
Posted: 10/2/2013 11:58:54 AM
So let me summarize... guy comes on too strong in the beginning, you pull away... then he pulls away, and now you want to chase... is that about right? Welcome to the ginormous cat-and-mouse game we call dating.

Go ahead and contact him. There is a chance he'll reject you, but no guts, no glory.
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 4
I lost contact (in a cold) with a friend/crush and regret it...how can i contact him again?should I?
Posted: 10/2/2013 2:06:03 PM
Sandra, I think contacting him is a good idea. Express some appreciation for the friendship you had. It ended in hurt and misunderstanding. You’ve both grown since then, and you’re a stronger person now.

You have a chance to change the ending of that story. Even if you never hear back from him, you will know that you acted with courage, with vulnerability and grace. He will know that you bear him no ill-will and you will have repaid a small debt to yourself. (smiles)
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/2/2013 5:08:01 PM
It seems that he wanted more from you than just being a "friend" to him.
You describe his actions as cowardly, but it seems that he didn't want to re-ignite any desires he had for you
Cowardness best applies to you, not him.

You could call him if you wish, but if I were him, I'd have nothing to do with you!
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/2/2013 8:57:13 PM
You're 22, why are you even concerned about this mother f*cker?

Do you have any idea of how many men are and will be after your cookie or even the opportunity to be near it? Next!

You don't even like him (from how you described his behavior), it's just that your ego is bruised and now you want to have the last laugh so to speak. I mean really, how dare he not be all over cookie whenever you choose to want to reel him in, right? Just think "another one bites the dust" and move on to someone else with balls.
 LoneScottishBoy
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2013 7:43:59 AM
From his perspective you will be more of an annoyance than anything. He already sees you as flighty, inconsistent and proven to have no interest.
It's best if you just let it be from his end.
 BelleAtlantic
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/3/2013 11:09:34 AM

I just heard that in Samuel L Jackson's voice but coming out of your lips.
Epic.

lmao
 63T
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2013 5:51:28 PM
Sandra181;

There exists much emotional turmoil, miscommunication, misunderstanding surrounding your past relationship with him.
Either ignore him completely (detach and move on) or,
follow MutedEnthusiasm's thoughtful post, advice.
If you follow MutedEnthusiasm's advice, it will be VERY important that you be honest and forthright regarding your feelings and intentions. Otherwise, you will only succeed in reinforcing the current state.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2013 6:52:27 AM
I ended up cutting him off, i deleted him from fb to preserve myself (was hurt by his behavior + didn't want to follow his entire life on facebook, future girl friends included, he wasn't really talking to me anymore anyways, we were obviously in a weird & unexpected cold).

No matter how you got there, you did the damage, so it's up to you to fix it. It's up to him if he accepts. If you want more than friendship, though, you need to be real and honest with yourself about the likelihood of a LDR working out and how much you are willing to offer before you drag him through some emotional turmoil. The responsibility is now on you, IMO, because he already did his part in pursuing you and you made the most sever cut in deleting him. Ignoring someone, if not done in malice, could be an avoidance tactic because the person isn't sure what to think, feel, or how to deal with someone, but deleting him from face book sent a clear message that you did not want to be involved in his life, and in turn, him in yours.

SHS24
Msg: 12
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/22/2014 11:06:36 PM
Why the heck do people write a fricken essay
when the very first paragraph was quite enough for readers to decide that you are immature
and would not only be wasting your time but his also?
SHEEEEEESH!!!!!!
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 14
Posted: 5/11/2017 8:46:00 AM
^^^

When I see an essay I don't even bother

I mean I'm bored but not THAT bored !

Sheesh is spot on !
 PennyAnte
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 5/12/2017 6:29:40 AM
"and you had so brutally cut contact with one another with no proper explanation "

I missed the brutality. Drama Queen.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 16
I lost the ability to make a long story short
Posted: 5/18/2017 8:28:11 AM
"When I see an essay I don't even bother

I mean I'm bored but not THAT bored !"

Wow ! I was about to post the exact same thing !

Great minds think alike bud !
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 17
Posted: 6/7/2017 9:49:43 AM

It's a bit long

a BIT ??????

Do you say the Pacific Ocean is a bit wet ??????
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 18
Posted: 6/19/2017 8:21:09 AM

Do you say the Pacific Ocean is a bit wet ??????

LMAO !
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > I lost contact (in a cold) with a friend/crush and regret it...how can i contact him again?should I?