Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > why would someone show up in my meet me list but I never recieved an      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 3
why would someone show up in my meet me list but I never recieved an emailPage 1 of 1    
The most important thing upon which to focus is your INBOX for mail.
Meet Me, Favorites, Winks, Most Likely To Date...all that jazz is completely secondary.

Send notes to guys who strike your fancy and likewise respond to decent guys, too.
Once you press "send" don't give it a second thought whether they read, delete, or whatever guys do with the note.
Simply manage your inbox well. Good luck with your romantic search. :-)
 c_deacon
Msg: 4
view profile
History
why would someone show up in my meet me list but I never recieved an email
Posted: 10/15/2013 9:31:04 AM
The meet list, match list, compatibility list, most likely to respond list, and every other list is just a "ploy" to garner interest in one another, and nothing more.

I have so many on my lists that I have never seen before, never contacted them in any way, never knew that they had an interest or not, and I do not even get notification from POF about any of them or it, until someone emails me. To me, the real indicator about interest is the email saying so, and then the dance to see if the two of you are meant to know each other better or not.

Getting a "rose", gift, favorite add, etc., really means nothing if the one doing it has not taken the time to contact me via email and has the desire to know me better, ask permission, and start the friendship, flirting, dating, romance, or whatever it develops into ritual. What I see on line, or others see of me, is just window shopping until one makes the move to actually contact the other by email.

cd
 Ainen
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/15/2013 5:24:49 PM
Lack of email could be a problem with the mail server. Sometimes when I get a message (usually during a conversation with several back and forth messages), there is no notification in my real email.

After 3 or so meet me notifications in one day, you get no more emails. You got 300+ in less than 3 months, so his meet me probably occurred after you passed the email threshold.

As to why the guy you dated might have clicked yes or maybe when you showed up on the meet me:
1) He had to make a choice on you to be able to see anybody else's image / profile, and thought the site would skew results if he clicked no,
2) He followed the site's suggestion to vote on at least 50 meet me candidates for the site to choose better matches for him,
3) He didn't recognize your pic.

Least likely would be him using meet me to rekindle things with you.

Meet me is probably an attempt by the site to increase revenue through ad clicks.
 localRenoite12
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/28/2013 3:03:39 PM
The Meet Me system needs to be changed up. For one it should just be a wink system and it should only send out if you select "yes" instead of just "maybe".
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/9/2017 9:57:26 AM
"The Meet Me system needs to be changed up. For one it should just be a wink system and it should only send out if you select "yes" instead of just "maybe"."

People should only be able to say yes or maybe after submitting a msg that the system will automatically send after yes or maybe has been selected
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Guy  > why would someone show up in my meet me list but I never recieved an email