Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I'm probably asking for trouble.. but GO! :)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 roobave
Msg: 1
I'm probably asking for trouble.. but GO! :)Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Please review and let me know my profile content sucks or not! I'm not having any problems chatting and meeting people, but came across this and was interested in finding out opinions - good and/or bad with recommendations. Thanks!
 Marvin 19131
Msg: 2
view profile
History
I'm probably asking for trouble.. but GO! :)
Posted: 10/20/2013 12:22:24 PM
Well, I'm a straight guy, but no one else has responded to you, so I can help you.

Not sure what I'm looking for yet on here, but I'm here to meet new people and see how it goes. I believe when I come across the right one, who is perfect for me, I'll just know. I don't always have a plan for each day, sometimes I just wing it, get up and go.

This comes off as making you sound like you're a little lazy. Some girls don't like that. Also, people want others to know what they want and not just "have a feeling about it." People like to know if they fit someone or not. It saves time not contacting each other if they don't, and it sparks an attraction if they do have common interests. In other words, don't say "when I come across the right one, who is perfect for me, I'll just know." Almost everyone has some preferences. Don't be too picky, but say what you actually want in someone.

I'm not into going to night clubs and getting drunk every weekend, so if that is you, please keep fishing, same as with those of you with no picture.

This comes off as really... I guess, jerk-ish. You don't want to be rude like that. What if you meet a great girl who goes to a club with friends every now and then? You just offended her, right there. I'd say something more like "I'm not into going to nightclubs and getting drunk every weekend, so if your ideal guy is a regular at all the bars and clubs around town, then I'm probably not what you're looking for."

I think if you're sane, nice, easy-going (not to be confused with easy), not a Flames or a Riders fan (goes with being sane) :) and haven't been on Maury or Jerry Springer or a likely candidate for either show, then we may be off to a good start!

Again, this comes off as negative and seems off-putting, even to me, a straight guy. It kind of just makes you sound a little like a jerk. Or too negative. I'd say "If you're sane, nice, easy-going and have never had to get a paternity/DNA test done, then we'll get along just fine." Even if you have other things you look for in a woman, you don't want to be too picky or say too much out the gate. Like that sports team thing. Totally unnecessary. Are you really going to let something that small stop you from finding someone?

So, this is what I've noticed, at least. Hopefully, you'll get more responses soon.
 You go first
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/20/2013 12:27:42 PM
It's essentially a pretty good profile!

The whole thing about not knowing what you're looking for should probably be your closing paragraph. Keep in mind a lot of women will view this and think that if you don't know what you want, why should she waste time messaging you if she doesn't know if you'd be a match? What you described is basically called "Dating".

The lines about not clubbing and all that can go. So far as the photos, you can put in an email restriction preventing anyone without a photo messaging you. Although, I was always pleasantly surprised when I was looking and contacted men without photos. All you have to do is ask for one, and if they don't send one, you can simply say "Thanks, but I prefer to see who I'm chatting with. Good luck in your search." Simple. People have many reasons for not posting photos, not always what you're thinking.

Bouviers are amazing dogs. My best friend in junior high used to breed them. However, there's probably no reason to have Dog Parks and the name of the other dog park both in your Interest field. Women that have dogs should probably get it.

Personally I find lists annoying, but some women with short attention spans may appreciate it. You do offer a lot of 'conversation starters', which is well above average for these sites. Good luck.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/20/2013 12:38:33 PM
If it ain't bust, don't fix it :)
 roobave
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/20/2013 1:07:52 PM
Thank you kind sir and also to the other lady as well. It never hurts to tweak or change...lol
 sandytm
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/20/2013 1:17:23 PM
1. Reverse black and blue. Sounds like a bruise.
2. Don't care for the "what's on the menu" bit.
 firefly416
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/20/2013 1:19:38 PM
I like the picture of you in the blue shirt best. Usually I'm not a fan of lists but yours seems to work. You have enough funny things interspersed to show a good sense of humor.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/20/2013 4:10:36 PM
The username - it sounds a bit like areola!
 roobave
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/1/2014 11:50:57 PM
Yeah it did kind of sounded like aeriola. :)
 roobave
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/24/2014 2:52:37 PM
Ok took out the 4 ltr water drinking problem :) ... anything else? I think mine's like a normal profile.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 11
Posted: 7/24/2014 3:14:45 PM
You feeling lucky? ( a photo is captioned 2016)
or I could paraphrase you and say for god's sake learn your dates!
If it is working keep it, we can see btw that you aren't thin
A dink? idk, maybe :0
 irishgirl772
Msg: 12
Posted: 7/24/2014 3:26:41 PM
Your ethnicity is black? Thin body type?
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 13
Posted: 7/24/2014 3:45:18 PM
That whole "black ethnicity / thin body type" humor is pretty much going over like a fart in church!
While I get the humor you are seeking to convey...that is something that would be far funnier LIVE.
 tennistown
Msg: 14
Posted: 7/24/2014 3:46:34 PM

anything else? I think mine's like a normal profile.

And which planet would be yours?

First Date
Fine dining at the Milla Pub downtown... we can enjoy some salmonella and maybe shoot some pool..and some heroin! :)

I prefer my salmon on a cracker, hold the "ella".
Shooting pool sounds fun.
Shooting up though, seems to end the profile on a downer.

I have ascertained since you're not thin nor black,
your height stated, might be suspect too?

Sort of the anti-hero profile, how has it been working, lately?
 roobave
Msg: 15
Posted: 7/24/2014 5:13:48 PM
lol.. True! Chaaaanged up!!
 roobave
Msg: 16
Posted: 7/24/2014 5:14:46 PM
It's kind of like an Edmonton joke.. if you lived here.. you'd get it.. it's like a real dive place :)

My height is legit!
 roobave
Msg: 17
Posted: 7/24/2014 5:15:34 PM
I know.. right? good eyes on you :)
 Ouija2025
Msg: 18
Posted: 7/24/2014 5:20:12 PM
You are a home boy so I am being gentle
I call BS on it working
You faking the success so other guys think you Chris minus the jail time
If you don't love who you are
why would anyone love you?
 Forums_only
Msg: 19
Posted: 7/24/2014 6:27:14 PM
I originally replied in Oct 2013 as You go first. I remember the Bouviers. You no longer have dogs?

Still don't like the list format, it feels slap-dash. The occupation would've had me hitting the back button immediately At 32, don't act like some silly kid. Save the humour for the profile body.

I do like the multiple choice sports question, even with the obvious "None of the above because the Canucks are not an option" answer, the other question is just too juvenile. I suspect you can write a clever, funny profile if you want to, just stay away from the nipples.
 roobave
Msg: 20
Posted: 7/24/2014 8:43:33 PM
Huh? sorry.. not sure what you're trying to say there.. lol Chris?
 roobave
Msg: 21
Posted: 7/24/2014 8:46:54 PM
Canucks?? seriously? have you been drinking tonight m'aam? :)

And pleaaasee.. Women look for A) first and foremost.. lol .. if I told any girl I worked at Subway as opposed to a major company.. I'll probably be on this site til I'm 90! :)

And my dog has peacefully passed over onto the Rainbow Bridge..
 Forums_only
Msg: 22
Posted: 7/24/2014 8:52:55 PM
awww.... sorry about your dog.

and Subway? Hey, at least you're working. Lots of guys can't even say that right now. My husband was doing flagging when we met here almost 5 years ago. So what. You do what you gotta do.

Don't be hating on my Vancouver boys, at least they're cute.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 23
Posted: 7/24/2014 8:57:06 PM
The random fabricated calendar dates on your pics aren't doing you any favors.
The reality is that humor is far funnier when e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g does not have a punchline attached to it.
Humor is like flavorful spices for food. Use sparingly and in proper proportion for best effect.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 7/24/2014 8:59:23 PM

Profession: Nipple tweaker

This type of cruse humor will fall flat on the vast majority of readers. You can actually put whatever you want in your text, very few will ever get past this part.

(I've had to really, really hold back on my opinions on this, I'm trying to be a good boy)
 roobave
Msg: 25
Posted: 7/24/2014 9:06:11 PM
It's all good man.. don't hold back.. I put myself out here to get crucified and get resurrected!! hahahaha
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I'm probably asking for trouble.. but GO! :)