Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How do you define overweight?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Double Cabin
Msg: 5
view profile
History
How do you define overweight?Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Kristalina, weight is a personal question. I like a woman I'm not going to have to worry about breaking in half. I do a little snowmobiling because the ranch here is som remote, but snowshoes and Teles have helped me get back into great shape. Quads are without doubt the worst thing to happen to the outdoors since clear cut logging. If you really do love the outdoors you will give them up, for recreational use anyway. Listen to your friend here, if you didn't have a confidence problem would you really be here asking about the issue? If you want to get hit on by younger guys do your best to become as youthfull as possible. Our fitness criterias relax with age, so if you want the attention of young men get fit again.
 DeagleNINja
Msg: 7
How do you define overweight?
Posted: 8/5/2005 5:51:11 AM

in my opinion, you can still look good with a few extra pounds.....

Especially if it all goes to the top and bottom of the hourglass
 da1udesire
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/5/2005 6:46:06 AM
I think if you weight interferes with normal daily tasks and is causing health problems, then you need to do something about it. If not and you feel good about yourself, then who cares what the scale says. I would rather be "thick" than too skinny, to me, it's not attractive, and I have seen MANY "overweight" women who are VERY attractive and look GREAT!

OT: I like to call myself "thick" not fat, LOL... and luckily for me, I have always been attracted to Hispanic men.. and most of them, not all, like fat a s s e s... Lucky me! lol
 eeeeee999
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/5/2005 12:20:25 PM
heres my opportunity to say: I HATE WHEN HEAVY WOMEN SAY ALL THIN WOMEN ARE ANOREXIC.
mostly its genetics. but theres also hard work involved. some fat people cant get thin nomatter what they do. but most can if they work hard.

ever hear a fat man look at a thin man and say "oh hes anorexic!" ???

neither have i

good genetics:
http://s05.imagehost.org/1299/Yellow_Bikini_at_beach.jpg
 Real_Brunette
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/5/2005 3:40:55 PM
well, the way science defines overweight is when your body fat is more than it should be according to your height...the way most of society determines overweight is when you notice it.
 Real_Brunette
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/5/2005 5:09:02 PM
when you stop stressing
over weight
 HedonistDrifter
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/5/2005 5:27:38 PM
Well you are definately overweight if; clean-up after "dropping a deuce" involves the use of a corncob duct taped to a backscratcher....You may also have a weight problem if the last time you saw your "private parts", was with the aid of a handmirror....

edit: one of the determining factor's of a weight problem, is using the term "fluffy" when describing yourself...
 Myfakename
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/17/2005 2:25:47 PM
when u have a gutt, double chin, weigh more than the dr. recommends, thighs rubb together, and little kids call you names. Pretty easy to know actually. Mirror helps one determine if they are overweight or not. Scale comes in handy too.
 Masked_Hero
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/17/2005 3:00:06 PM
^^^^ pretty much what he said.. jiggly flabby midsection is a pretty good indicater the neck is also a good place to look... I'm 6'1 205 and considerd over weigt.. But that cus I lift weights eveyday, so my weight comes from my muscle mass. So the scale is not always the most accurate thing to look at. A good thing to look at is your body fat %
 always_striving
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/17/2005 6:05:18 PM
A politically correct word for: flabulous, cellulostic, FATismo, chubbism, chunkomous, spillage.
 Angel_73
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2005 10:38:10 PM
@ragazzo ... then i hope you never get married and have kids cuz chances are your wife will get streach marks ...i was a bit overweight before i had her i never had them untill after i had my daughter. also men can get strechmarks too if they gain weight quicky.

Im not huge but i am a bit overweight and sometiems i get hit on and sometimes i dont ... just like i have good days and bad days but who doesnt lol

i did a search for ideal weight and it says the average person thinks the ideal weight is 20 - 30 lbs more then the medical recomondation is.
 TeachBoi78
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/17/2005 10:39:52 PM
Rolls
 SpiderJohn416
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2005 10:57:48 PM
I know some ugly skinny girls, and I know some attractive bigger ones.

Personally, I don't have a problem with anyone being "big-boned". It's when they're obviously overweight that it gets to me. It usually is apparent by sagging areas, flesh rolls, things like that.

I have a female friend who's 5'9" and 195...and because she's big-boned, she's kinda cute.

But on the other hand, I had an ex-girlfriend who's 5'8" and was 140. By the time we broke up, she was 160...all beer.

In other words, it's not the insulating layer, it's whether it's natural or man-made.
 babygurlX
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2005 10:57:52 PM
I think a woman with some junk aka..BOOTY and effin curves is not ova weight..

of course..im sticking up for myself too.. i agree that rolls UPON rolls are a total turnoff..but a 'chunky' woman can still look way hell sexy if she knows how to carry herself.
but that only goes so far..the clothes have to come off sometime right?
 TeachBoi78
Msg: 46
Posted: 8/17/2005 11:33:24 PM
good post ^^^^^

I still say rolls is where you have to be thinking your tipping the scales...?
 urban312
Msg: 52
Posted: 8/23/2005 8:53:05 AM
When a woman can't show off her legs in a short skirt, because her legs are way too heavy. Too heavy for a woman to be feminine. 30 pounds or more overweight. Should it get even more extreme, like 50 pounds or more overweight, then it becomes obesity.

wonwascallywabbit
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/23/2005 9:11:00 AM
From your photos your certainly not fat. As far as being hit on by older guys, geez, they were probably hitting on you all along you just didn't pay them any attention. Go back to doing that you'll be just fine. If you are comfortable with you that will make more difference than anything. A persons body structure and how they carry themselves has alot to do with how well they are recieved.
 Gaijin77
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2005 9:29:44 AM
You should never really go by the scale, not accurate at all. Can't tell if you have muscle or fat. You should find out your BMI(Body Mass Index), to get an idea for your height and age. Then you can easily have your body fat tested in several different ways. Basically, the pinch an inch(es) test is good, how clothes fit, mirror, take pictures to compare etc. Like many people said, double chin, thick wrists or ankles(not bone), discomfort, hanging over clothes, swinging under arms when waving are good indicators. Really up to whether or not you feel comfortable. If friends and family are making comments, they are not trying to hurt you, just help before it gets out of hand. Hope this helps. If you have any questions, hit me up. I will be getting certified as a personal trainer next month when I get home. Take care.
 Clovey1
Msg: 62
Posted: 3/26/2006 1:56:52 PM
When you walk your legs rub together...thats how.
 iamtheone39
Msg: 63
Posted: 3/26/2006 2:32:51 PM
I believe that I am one of the most liberal guys when it comes to judging a woman by her weight. I know that alot of guys say, "height proportionate to weight," and I believe that's a valid remark. I feel that a woman can still have a proportionate figure and be 5'7" and 180. So the only standard that I could come up with without asking their weight is less or greater than 200lbs? This way they do not have to give their weight and they can just answer "yes" or "no". I'm 180 and 6'1" and I'm not skinny, but I'm not overweight either. If a woman is greater than 200lbs. and is 5'10" or smaller, she might need to lose weight cause it could be damaging to her health. I prefer larger built women, but I also like a woman with a curve, so I think that it is possible to date a large women, but still has a shape. I am not conceited by any means, but I feel there is someone out there for everyone and hopefully they can find that person.
 tcky123
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/26/2006 3:52:31 PM
message 63 from your pictures you look chunky your self. actully you got a big moon head.
 Looking_in_Ottawa
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2006 4:04:06 AM
If you sit down on a chair and you fall right through it, you could probably stand to lose a few :P (no pun intended).

Juuuust teasing. You actually look nice in your pics, so you are fine (but thats just my opinion). I actually struggle with this problem, albeit the exact opposite. I am under weight ... standing at 6ft tall and weighing in around 157 - 163. I often wonder if people, men or women, look and me and think "good grief, its anorexic boy." But I think that is more of a confidence thing than anything. I have tried and tried to gain weight, but to no avail. Changed eating habits, went to see a nutritionist, took kickboxing for four years and trained like a son of a gun ... nadda. At my peak, I weighed 176 which is still nothing to brag about.

At the end of the day, it's all about how YOU see yourself. If you feel like you could lose/gain a few, then you obviously have to. If you are comfy with who you are and your appearance, then you go girl. Dont worry about what others thing and be happy with yourself ... which is basically something I tell myself everyday :)
 nipoleon
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2006 4:35:42 AM
It's not the curves, I like curves.
It's the buldges.
 ~LoriMac~
Msg: 78
Posted: 3/28/2006 6:07:43 PM
so what have we learned???
1) immature guys think girls with loose skin are fat...even if she is 120lbs and is a mom
2)BMI is the law...even if you have the exact same weight as another girl (same hieght to) but she is flat chested and you have DDD boobs
3)Some guys here dont seem to mind there own flab and beer guys...or ignorance
4) If certain guys arent intrested in you...their f*cking loss

I am not a skinny thing anymore and i find i am far more confident now that i have tossed my scale away...and stopped worring about it. I know a guy i am with is mature...likes me as i am and can handle a girl with a little curve to her.

frankly i think you know your fine...you posted several body shots...if you were overwieght would you do that? If its not a health issue your fine on either end of the spectrum...so just love who ya are and stop measuring your sexiness by men
 littlenicky457
Msg: 81
Posted: 3/28/2006 7:33:37 PM
Some people can look great when overweight! And its all about confidence.

120 lbs??? Hahahahahah. I weigh 135
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How do you define overweight?