Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Sent about 45 messages, not a single reply?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jessie112233
Msg: 1
Sent about 45 messages, not a single reply?Page 1 of 1    
Alright ladies and gentlemen

Quick question. I can't figure out what's wrong with my situation here. Ive sent about 45-50 messages to women so far and I got 0 replies. The first 10 I sent were something along the lines of " Hey, how are you. Read your profile I liked it. What do you think about mine? btw I am jesse =) etc etc.

No replies after waiting a week or so.

So then I started reading the profiles little more thoroughly and adapted my messages to their profile ( not some generic stuff, like before). So I talked a little about me in the end, and asked them a question or two in hope that they might be inclined to reply ( in essence to break the ice ) regarding what they wrote in their profile. Still no reply.

So Would someone mind checking my profile and see if I can resolve this "dater's block". I don't know if my profile seems a little too****, or am I just not attractive enough for 99.99% of the women out here? No idea at all
 aquila75
Msg: 2
Sent about 45 messages, not a single reply?
Posted: 11/2/2013 9:51:55 AM
do a thread search for no replies and post in the profile review category for a profile review
 jessie112233
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/2/2013 9:56:52 AM
Will DO! Thanks
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/2/2013 10:06:18 AM
Online dating is a humbling experience from which you are NEVER guaranteed results. You've gotta do you homework and do 'thread searches' on this topic - people post this kind of 'complaint' in here ALL the time - there's like three new ones just this morning. More than likely your post here will get deleted because answers to it can already be found elsewhere. Don't take it personally. DO SUBMIT an entry in the 'profile review' section to get advice on tweaking it around a bit. Your notes to the person are not always the problem - many times it's how you present yourself in your profile.
 daynadaze
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2013 12:48:29 PM
The simple answer is that so far the women you have contacted have not been interested in answering you. Just like in off line life, there is nothing you can do about the people who do not want to talk to you, you have to keep looking for these who are interested. There's no special formula, it's a seek & find situation, and like everyone else you will be rejected many times.
 theforumfiend
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/2/2013 12:53:26 PM
First I am going to recommend that you go to Profile Review for some pointers on how to improve your profile. Next I am going to recommend any one of your other pictures rather than that selfie because they are better pictures - every single one of them.

You've only been here 23 days. Stop and think about how many messages you've already sent out. It's my opinion that playing the numbers game hurts men in their efforts. Why? Even unattractive women (especially when they first sign up) get several emails because of all the horndogs on here. Since most of the email tends to consist of "hi", "u r hawt" or being propositioned the sad reality is that most women just start ignoring or deleting emails. Yes, we could be missing out on the best guy ever, but how are we supposed to know? We start just looking at profiles to see what is in there. If there is no substance you are even more likely not to have your message read. And, just like men, we are visual creatures. We are attracted to what we are attracted to.

After you improve your profile and get rid of that selfie that you pace yourself. Do not log into here daily. Do not send out more than one or 2 thoughtful emails a week. Do not talk about yourself, but do try asking a question about something you read on the profile.
 letsplayhouse92
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/3/2013 2:43:01 AM
i dont care what women want. all i care about is getting what i want. if she doesnt reply, i dont care theres a 1000 others. i dont care what they have to say either because to me they say one thing but end up doing another. you should never take online dating seriously either. i just write b.s in my profile and i still get quite a few replies and have gotten some from some super hot ones and ones in their 40s or whatever but i cant do that now cause they changed the settings on here blah who cares.
 irishgirl772
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/3/2013 6:53:52 AM
No offense but women youre messaging probably think youre a lot older than 27.
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2013 10:21:17 PM
Definitely need a profile review. You (to me) come across both as aggressive and as not taking this seriously (haven't thought through what you would like to do on a date). It's like there are conflicting messages in your writing style and I can't get any sense of who you are personality wise, what you want, or how much of yourself you are willing to offer (or not offer).

Remember that your goal should be to find out about the other person, not ask them what they think of you. It's just awkward, especially since they've never met you.
 localRenoite12
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/4/2013 9:21:16 PM
Welcome to the horrible world of online dating. I swear, I think like only 3% of guys get a relationship from here.
 sudo456
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/5/2013 5:59:38 AM
Welcome to online dating lol
takes patience and some tougher skin... Btw no woman owes you a reply so just move forward

good luck!
 traveltrekker
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/5/2013 12:26:55 PM
the sad reality is that most women just start ignoring or deleting emails.Yes,we could be missing out on the best guy ever, but how are we supposed to know?

By not ignoring or deleting emails en masse. Consider each on its own merit, or lack thereof. Change the "sad" reality to a "glad" reality.
 Walts
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/5/2013 5:21:51 PM
Only 45 messages????? Hell, I got that beat by a long shot. Eliminate your picture and try sending initial emails. I'm up to 4,321 so far without a reply. Of course, I'm sending them to young ones whom wear napkins for attire. And I really don't care about the instant reply from the computer system here that I'm "too old" to be sending such emails. It's what in my heart that really, truly, matters. I just keep plugging along. Like the train that though he could.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/6/2013 3:25:19 AM
A quick aside to any other person out there that wants to belch forth a sob story... do your math and figure out how 'bad' it's really been sending out messages.

A 99.99% failure rate means 1 success out of 10,000 messages. To reach 10K, you gotta send 27+ messages A DAY for a whole YEAR, or about 38+ messages a day if you take the weekends off. NOBODY is THAT miserably bad getting back replies from people, or that prolific with message-sending. I think POF even has an upper limit of 40 msg per day or something like that - which means the fastest anyone could hit 10K messages is 250 days.
 Bearfish13
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/8/2013 12:47:38 AM
Its normal.. you gotta keep sending messages, it will take time and patience to find someone, but when you do, you will be glad you put the effort towards it
 theforumfiend
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/8/2013 12:42:53 PM

By not ignoring or deleting emails en masse. Consider each on its own merit, or lack thereof. Change the "sad" reality to a "glad" reality.

Choosing to not listen is foolish. Men sending out mass emails have created their own hell. I am OLD. I am FAT. I do not get approached in public places, but online even I got email when my profile isn't hidden.
 VinceR
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/8/2013 1:36:45 PM

No offense but women youre messaging probably think youre a lot older than 27.

+1 Even I don't believe it.
 traveltrekker
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/8/2013 2:25:06 PM

Choosing to not listen is foolish. Men sending out mass emails have created their own hell. I am OLD. I am FAT. I do not get approached in public places, but online even I got email when my profile isn't hidden.

What does that have to do with your question about how women are supposed to know if they're missing out on the best guy ever?
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Sent about 45 messages, not a single reply?