Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Meeting her Tonight when neither of us seem to want to meet?!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Meeting her Tonight when neither of us seem to want to meet?!Page 1 of 1    
Texting is not how women show interest.

Interest is if she shows up to your meet up lol. And the same can be said about men showing up for the meet up they arrange gauges the interest they have in a woman. Who cares if you are not her "type" go and see if she shows up and all that talk ab0ut type goes out the window. You talk about anything you feel comfortable talking about that you normally do on dates. The mistake you made have made is not given a precise time though. Give a precise time to see if she is legit or she will flake.
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 3
Meeting her Tonight when neither of us seem to want to meet?!
Posted: 11/17/2013 4:58:21 AM
:facepalm: you CAN'T be this lost.
how much is she supposed to text you to prove she's really really interested in some guy from last Friday?
maybe if she meets you "for real" she will change her mind. nothing counts until you meet. she is probably texting 23 different people an hour and most of them are someone she already knows.

what do you talk about??? you just got through complaining she wasn't texting you enough.... so lots of subjects left over. the mind boggles.

instead of text about talking, talk about texting.

SunshineAngel99
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2013 5:00:10 AM
"how much is she supposed to text you to prove she's really really interested in some guy from last Friday?"

That doesn't indicate anything about interest. Friends like to text to each other a lot as well, so nothing is indicated until you meet for real.
 Maleman999
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/17/2013 6:45:13 AM

... but I really can't see it going well! What do I talk about?

You claim neither one of you want to meet in real life. So why would you bother meeting her? Why would she bother meeting you?

As for what to talk about, what would you talk about when texting, especially if you're the type that would text someone 100 times a day? What many adults do is replace texting words with spoken words, either on the phone or face-to-face with other human beings. Try it sometime and join the human race. The reason she replies with 2 or 3 word texts is because she understands the value of real life human interaction and would rather communicate in real life instead of hiding behind a screen and avoiding people and life, which is your motto.
 horses44
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2013 7:30:54 AM
Hope you get back to this, would love to hear how it went, hopefully better than expected!!!
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/17/2013 7:31:25 AM
To Maleman- I have always been fairly shy and insecure around girls due to instances a couple of years ago knocked all my confidence, so getting responses like yours really don't help matters

he didn't say anything terrible about you. stop picking at the delivery so you can completely ignore the content. meanwhile if you are still feeling the sting of something that happened a couple of years ago, then all the more reason for you to move on and get out there, and here is your chance.

someone who doesn't seem that interested in meeting me, so she may not really be her full self tonight and it could be quite an awkward evening!

really? why do you think she would agree to meet you if she wasn't that interested? you were interested in her until you imagined she wasn't interested in you, and then you started twisting in the wind based on something you made up inside your own head. meanwhile, things could just as easily go the other way, but you will never know if you don't get out there and engage with people face-to-face in real time instead of text text text.

you asked her out.... she agreed. just go meet her and consider it a good chance to see how things might go when you aren't behind a wall of words. if you want a real life opportunity, then take it when it comes. you can't win if you don't play.

there is NO WAY you can have a good sense of what each other is like based on the brief interactions you've had, even if you were to text each other your life stories between now and then. it's ok to feel uncertain.

go.
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/17/2013 3:55:36 PM

It actually went fairly well.

see??? yay!!

I'm not getting too excited or ahead of myself as I've been hurt in the past after getting too excited too early

that's smart, but I hope your next date goes well too.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/17/2013 4:17:50 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Way to go OP! See that wasn't so bad! If this gal is anything like me I hate trying to converse on a phone in TEXT speak. BLAHHH! Good luck!
 horses44
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2013 5:37:22 PM
Yay Ryan!!!!

As mentioned, just enjoy, have fun getting to know each other and the future will play out the way as it should

You sound like a gem!

Best wishes
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/17/2013 8:03:52 PM
OP: AWESOME! You made it past the first meet/date, now set for a second. I think the zoo sounds perfect! Have fun but don't stick your hands through the cages to pet or feed the animals.....not a good thing. ;)
 HappySingleSpirit
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2013 12:14:27 PM
Happy for you OP. Remember for next time in the future, nothing counts until you meet.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Meeting her Tonight when neither of us seem to want to meet?!