Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > profile review please and thanks :D      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lovinU401
Msg: 1
profile review please and thanks :DPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I've deleted my old account a few months ago due to not having any success on POF. What I did was basically took every-bodies input from the mistakes I had with my old profile and made it my own. Just looking for a genuine honest review from mostly women. If there's anything I should add let me know, Just the only thing I didn't put yet are my interests.
 You go first
Msg: 2
profile review please and thanks :D
Posted: 11/17/2013 9:46:22 AM
A few quickies:

Add more photos not taken by you. A full length casual shot (shirt on) will help.

You missed the Interests field entirely. Go for at least 9 items that reflect your 'favourites'.

In your first paragraph, you overuse the word 'honest'. Delete all that, it is something that has to be proven. Instead, what about talking about a couple of your interests?

You want someone with a sense of humour, but give no clues about your sense of humour. What do you laugh at?
 lovinU401
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/17/2013 10:54:04 AM
well gotcha, I've made a little bit of changes. Nothing too drastic but enough to understand what type of guy I am. As for the full body pic, I'm just waiting for my roommate to come home so he can give me a hand with that. Any other changes to be made?
 You go first
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/17/2013 11:04:56 AM
Seriously, remove this line:

Honestly, I'm the most honest guy you will probably meet. I'm not trying to seem cliche about saying that but I mean that in all honesty.

In your Interests field, why not add a favourite music group or artist? food or cuisine? TV show or comedian?

You have 'undisclosed' as your body type. Do pick an answer for that one.
 lovinU401
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/17/2013 11:13:31 AM
undisclosed body type wtf??? yeah you can tell I just wasn't paying attention to that question
 lovinU401
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/17/2013 11:15:09 AM
Thanks for the tips btw. I just want my profile to look perfect so when I send messages out, my profile isn't sh%#
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/17/2013 1:35:19 PM
You either have a car or you don't.
 lovinU401
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/17/2013 6:49:06 PM
well besides that -_- what else should I do to this profile besides what is already suggested?
 lovinU401
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/13/2014 2:28:37 PM
I was told to bump this post. Didn't realize that you only get one per person even though it was a long time ago. Here's what I'm trying to get at. Not trying to spam or overpost at all

I'm Not sure if I have to make any adjustments to my profile or w.e but I never deleted it and stuff. I had unsuccessful attempts at meeting women on POF. I hardly have the time to go to bars, dance clubs (not a good at the whole dancing aspect) etc. I'm confident enough to talk with women but, on POF nobody really replies at least for me. It's not like I'm sending short messages or w.e, not sure if its because of my physical appearance or whatever the case is. I'm not trying to sound negative but the women who did reply to me a few months back were pretty much half-decent(meaning I was attracted to them but not physically), not my type at all, or a bbw ( I have nothing against bbw girls it's just I'm not physically attracted to them). I will admit , this online dating thing is hard. I'm looking to give POF one very last shot in ever trying the whole online dating thing. I got all the confidence in the world, I'm not shy. Sometimes I find myself flirting with some women either at a register cashing out or if I have something to say.

Pretty much I'm looking for advice on my profile and what I can do better on POF to get results. I'm open-minded and can take constructive criticism from others.
 tatersprout
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/13/2014 2:48:26 PM
Hi Ricardo,

Wow, a whole 4 months. Yes it's been ages ;)

5 pics, all headshots, all with same facial expression. You can do better!

I'm 24 years old. I'm single looking for the right girl to be a part of my life. I'm a very understandable person, I love to talk for hours on end. I'm smart, open-minded, I work hard, and have a lot going for me. I have a respectable job and a good head on my shoulders. Currently, I am working for a reputable global and domestic shipping company. At this time, I am working part-time and plan to go to college in the near future. All I can tell you is I'm not shy and have lots of respect for women. Just made me this profile again to see where things go from here.
Repeating yourself. Age is up top, so is single status.
Understandable or understanding?
Some would say you talk too much, lol.
Smart and openminded is something you show, not talk about. Means something diff for everyone and is cliche here.
Same for saying you respect women.
Take out the part about why you made the profile--all here for same reason.

*In* my spare time

go out sight seeing, Nothing beats going out and seeing something new that I've never been to.
Repeating yourself again. Something new can't be where you've already been.

on occasions, I like to go out and have a few drinks or two but not to the point where I'm too drunk and that's no fun at all.
Don't put neg thoughts in her head.
Break up that big middle paragraph and watch all those grammar errors.

To be honest, I'm a one woman man. I don't need like 5 different girls all at once. Not like that wouldn't be fun or anything but, I would just rather off be with one.
You just planted another negative thought.
 lovinU401
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/13/2014 3:14:13 PM
I know it's been ages since I've been on pof. My main reason for not honestly smiling in my pictures is because every-time I try, it looks so generic in my personal opinion. I've tried several times to come up with a decent smile but nothing comes out well. Not to mention my eyes tend to have dark circles underneath them which have been there since I was in my teens. To be honest, I appreciate the feedback. I can't make any changes because I'm at work and I would rather do it on a pc. I have a iPhone 5s which has a incredible camera so maybe I have to try and see what I can do.
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/13/2014 3:56:11 PM
You need better variety of pictures. Try different activities, clothes, angles (hand the camera to someone else instead of all selfies). Make sure at least one is from head to toe.

Any reason why there are 4 o's in Chinese food, making it unsearchable?

Your profile starts out repeating information she has already read. The beginning of the About Me is important, it's what convinces her to keep reading the rest.

Text should focus on what you want, not what you don't want. If you don't want to casually date, don't allude to casually dating being fun (it is, but it's not for everyone). If you don't play videos games 24/7, then don't mention it's something you don't do. If you don't like hip hop anymore, then don't mention it.

The last bit about what you are looking for is a bit confusing. You mention talking and friendship, but not dating.
 lovinU401
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/13/2014 7:31:00 PM
So I just logged on from a PC, I'm gonna try to see what I can fix. No wonder why POF wasn't working last time for me. Hey I'm not a good writer by all means but, I will try and be a little bit more creative. I'm gonna take care of my profile first before I move on to the pictures.
 lovinU401
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/13/2014 7:44:09 PM
can't really come up with anything for an intro which sucks cuz I kinda liked the one I had but I'm trying to come up with something new. Honestly I don't know how to even go about starting :(. I'm gonna keep trying a few things, If I edit something I will let everyone know because what I put down sometimes might not be good enough for a dating profile
 lovinU401
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/14/2014 7:54:52 AM
Well I've tried editing a few things in my profile. Not sure if it's perfect finally but it's work in progress. I've also added a few different pictures and got one with my dog too. I've figure showing an animal with my picture should be something different. Please let me know if I need to work on a few more things, I appreciate all the feedback everyone has given me.
 tennistown
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/14/2014 10:56:34 AM

Please let me know if I need to work on a few more things

Down near the bottom of your profile, where you describe the woman of your dreams....

The type of woman I'm looking for is someone who's drama-free .....

That one made me chuckle, you are clearly looking for an elusive creature, a drama-free woman.
Really? Who is completely drama free? Perhaps request drama-reduced or one percent. (Like milk.)
If you set the bar too high, they can't jump over it, in their cute shoes.
 lovinU401
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/14/2014 12:10:43 PM
okay fixed it, How about for pictures? Are they fine or should I change them for something different?
 tatersprout
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/14/2014 1:31:45 PM
pic 2--is the chair wearing a wifebeater? You look very sad.

You borrowed a dog for a pic? You need to crop it.

#4 would be good if the top of your head wasn't missing.

Finally one happy pic! Get more.
 lovinU401
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/14/2014 2:12:50 PM
Thanks for the input, I'm gonna try later to experiment with this selfie app I got. Plus I also wanna invest in a mirror so I can take better self portrait pictures. Like I had my cousins and my own brother try to help me but they do a horrible job a being a photographer. Now as for as the about me section goes, should I tweak it or just leave it alone?
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/14/2014 3:33:59 PM
See my photo at a theater? That was shot by a random stranger with my cell, and I shot her and her friend too, with hers. It's not a work of art, yet I get a lot of compliments.
Go to a place where lots of people go, and you'll see lots of people snapping each other.
Just ask, everybody does it all the time.
If you do this periodically, when the opportunity arises, you will have lots of different quality photos from which to choose, and you can rotate your main pic, to keep continuous interest in you.
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/14/2014 6:03:53 PM
Your profile says you have no pets, so borrowing a dog isn't helpful. It raises the question of whose dog that is.

Avoid mirror selfies. If your family can't snap a decent picture, ask a friend or a stranger.
 lovinU401
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/15/2014 1:12:26 PM
I wasn't borrowing the dog lol she's my pet and I did fix the pets thing, it just didn't save last time. Anything else my profile needs? Like how am I looking for the about me section?
 lovinU401
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/18/2014 8:20:06 AM
Anything else I should consider editing besides pics?
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/18/2014 8:44:23 AM
Photos are very important. When you take pictures make sure there is plenty of light falling on your face, or else use a flash, because your coloration looks weird if not enough light, makes you look like heavy shadows in your eye sockets. Compare your #3 photo to your #4 , do you see what I mean? #3 also has a bit of greenish cast to it, probably from fluorescent lighting.
"Right now, I have a respectable job and a good head on my shoulders. Currently, I am working for a reputable global and domestic shipping company. " Does this mean that your last job was dis-reputable and your head wasn't good?
I would change those word to "I am smart, level-headed and have a great job with a worldwide shipping company."
less words = better,,, gives you more room for additional thoughts.
In your case, I would expand on the "what I am seeking" words, maybe add in a little "life-experience" story that helped to shape your own persona.
 lovinU401
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/18/2014 9:05:45 AM
You bet my last job was alright, it gave some hands on exp with what I want to base my career off of. But, besides that; I've tried to recycle something that was used from a few months ago. Like you stated the lighting isn't that great. It's kinda hard for me to experiment with the lighting because I have these dark circles underneath my eyes or I think I've took those photos and played around with them on the Camera app on a iPhone. I'm having some issues describing myself the way I want on POF. Like I'm trying to come up with something original like I'm adventurous for the fact that I like to explore/ sight see new places I've never seen. Dependable meaning you can always count on me to get things done right the first time around. Observant since I like to be aware of my surroundings. It's just hard for me to put these thoughts down because I'm not much of a writer but I've been trying a few different ways to try and describe myself. Not asking for a cookie cutter or something to copy and paste but to give me ideas on how I should go about describing myself.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > profile review please and thanks :D