Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Not getting many responses on POF      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MelissaGal44m
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Not getting many responses on POFPage 1 of 1    
Hasoonie...

Would it help if I said, it's not you, it's them?

Honestly, I don't see too much wrong with your profile. You are good looking, earnest, ambitious....these are all good qualities. Your height, trust me, has nothing to do with it. Lots of women LOVE tall guys. And, if a girl likes a guy at 6'0, she will more than likely like him at 6'2 as well.

The main problem I see is that you are 19. You are wise beyond your years. (which is a good thing) Most boys your age are out partying it up, getting drunk, sleeping around, etc etc. It could be that women in your age range just aren't ready for someone like you yet. Don't worry...they will be!
 ScooterSB
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Not getting many responses on POF
Posted: 11/18/2013 12:52:39 PM
The profile text is ok (not great but ok), but the pictures are poor. The main focus needs to always be you, not your car, not your parrot, not your family but you. And good well taken photos of you too.

As for the message...

"Hey,

I love playing basketball since I was young, and love business as well! Hope to open my own business one day. I also listen to Hip Hop and R&B music. I love animals myself I have 2 cats haha. What are your interests/hobbies and what kinda music do you listen to?"

The message is more about you than the girl you are messaging, and really you are just repeating yourself form your profile. What are you interests/hobbies? You should know this if you have read the girls profile. Asking this implies you haven't.

Talk about them an their profile, compliment them (not on looks that's creepy for the first message), talk about shared interests and ask them questions that are easy for them to answer.

Try something more like this:

"Hi ______,

I loved reading your profile you sound like a lot of fun, I especially like the part about________.
I see that you ___________ have your been doing this long? It sounds really interesting I'd love to hear more about it.
I think we would get along because I too love ________ and ________.

I really look forward to hearing from you soon"

Show them you are interested in them and show them why you would be a good match.

Hope that helps
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 12
Not getting many responses on POF
Posted: 11/18/2013 9:31:16 PM
If you're still reading this thread...do not type "haha" into future messages.
It makes the writer sound nervous and tentative. It is useless filler that is unnecessary.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Not getting many responses on POF