Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Not enough men on here are serious      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ClearTC
Msg: 1
Not enough men on here are seriousPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Its not fair that i get sexually frustrated and yet men keep lying to me me on this site. For example, this one guy seems to want what i wanted, which was to have kids and a relationship, but when he went onto chatt off of here he evetually said that he was in his bed and horny. He had stopped talking to me the night before after i thought we had a good conversation going. All this man wanted to do was fantasize about me and not have the real thing like a normal sane man! I am fed up with men like this. I want the real thing for crying out loud! He was not the first man that played this trick on me! Another guy wanted me to show him my privates! Don't these men know how to read?!? I said i wanted a relationship! I am not here to mess around and waste time. I come on here almost everyday looking for love! I know a lot of men don't want me, because i live 2 or more hours away, but that is not fair to me! I deserve love too!
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 2
Not enough men on here are serious
Posted: 11/26/2013 8:21:19 PM
Hang in there, ClearTC! Love will find a way to you soon.
There must be some eligible men near Shenandoah, Virginia.
 SuzieQForForums
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/26/2013 9:23:33 PM
Go to profile review please.
 raxarsr
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2013 10:09:56 PM
gee......i've often had the same thoughts about the women on here
 63T
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2013 11:10:19 PM
Cleartc;

While I agree that the man that you have described was behaving in an inconsiderate, dishonest and insensitive manner, your sense of entitlement ("Its not fair that I get sexually frustrated... ...I deserve love too!") is fueling your frustration and your persistent adherence to this belief and resulting behaviour will skew your judgment and reduce your capacity for a healthy, nurturing love, considerably.
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/27/2013 2:56:30 AM
Another guy wanted me to show him my privates! Don't these men know how to read?!? I said i wanted a relationship!

well missy, you aren't getting a relationship with those men unless you show them your privates. you have your needs, and they have theirs! go ahead and stomp your feet and hold your breath until you turn blue if you think that's unfair. "no tickee no shirtee".

I know a lot of men don't want me, because i live 2 or more hours away, but that is not fair to me! I deserve love too!

you want a relationship AND you want kids AND you want them to keep talking to you (but not while they're horny) AND you want them to cure your sexual frustration AND you want them to drive 2 or more hours.... BUT they aren't allowed to see your privates. *sigh*

you're in the wrong place. all the serious men are over there. *pointing randomly*

vvvvv the woman knows what she wants. give her some credit, good lord.
Posted: 11/27/2013 3:20:27 AM
You want a serious 25 year old?
Seriously?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2013 4:23:00 AM
Hey, I was serious from the time I was sixteen. I didn't have a clue as to what real life was about, so I was entirely useless as a "serious boyfriend," but at least I was serious. NOW I'm not serious.

In addition to what motown and 63t said, which I applaud (EVERYONE "deserves" true love, the thing is that the universe itself doesn't CARE what we "deserve," and is not designed to service us), I'd point out that mathematically speaking, all dating sites have a large number of people infesting them who are "not serious," for the simple reason that they really ARE serious, just not about doing what you want. They are serious about trying to get lots of free ya-ya's.

The thing is, very few of us need to find MULTIPLE mates. Most of us only need ONE person amongst the relative dross of the world, and so the fact that 99.999% of the people we look at here, or in the local supermarket, or at the nearest dive bar are dreadful relative to us (and think the same thing when they see us), is meaningless.

Just keep looking. Don't waste any of your precious life time formulating complaints to file against the world, for failing to live up to promises it never actually made. Just shake off the disappointments, and put your energy into looking for the real one.
 aanarchist
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/27/2013 4:51:52 AM
Serious 25 year olds want serious 21 year olds. Honestly your best bet would probably be in the 35-40 pool. That juvenile attitude won't get you anywhere though, it screams high maintenance and that a relationship with you has more costs than benefits, making men consider you fling material. If you want to attract good men then become the kind of woman who is Irresistible to them.

funny enough I have same issue cuz the girl who was into me got upset when I asked her to stop sending me naughty photos lol. What's a guy gotta do to find a quality lady with values nowadays ehh? Jk I know they're out there I just have to keep expanding myself as a person and keep an open eye out.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/27/2013 5:28:59 AM
Part of the 'crime' going on here, OP - is your OWN sense of seriousness when it comes to online-only communications. People over the internet can pretend to be ANYthing they want to be, because there is very little one can do to verify the truth. With that notion in mind, you gotta be able to keep the online-only conversations stuck in the superficial-only zone. Take them lightly. There are plenty of false and phony people out there - and the most aggressive 'wanters' online are probably the biggest fakes of all. Keep the online stuff on the not-too-serious side, and ask for some real-life communication to see if they are truly willing to step out from behind their internet facade.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2013 5:29:12 AM
You sound very immature.

The world doesn't owe you a man, let alone one that falls into your lap within two weeks of your arrival here. I know that's so, like, totally unfair! How many men DID you expect to be serious about you after two weeks?

Do something about that entitlement issue of yours. If you don't like how a man acts, move on. Online dating is a weeding out process.
 Beauregard63
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/27/2013 9:14:17 AM
OP it sounds to me like your biological clock is ticking and you are in a hurry to get into a relationship that produces children and everything else you want. Well unfortunately you are going to have to be patient and like everyone else on here who is looking for that someone special. You are going to have to sort through a lot of people who are not what you are looking for to find the one that you are looking for.

Keep in mind that a woman who has an air of desperation about her is just as unattractive to men as desperate men are to women.

As suggested by another poster you may want to expand your age range to include men up to the upper limit allowed by POF for you ( 45 ). I think you are more likely to find a man over 40 who is wanting to get serious than you are to find one in his mid to late 20's

Another suggestion I might make is to get better pictures if you are hoping to be fussy about the appearance of the men you meet on here. In your current pics you look like you could be closer to my age than the age of 25.

You might want to get rid of your headline " No big Men" this is probably going to turn off as many of the right kind of men as it will the wrong kind of men.
 aanarchist
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/27/2013 2:35:16 PM
Happier looking pictures and more vibrance in your profile should help tons. I for one love gamer girls but your energy seems so empty that I would wanna look elsewhere, even among the non gamer community, as there's no bigger turnoff than seeing a profile that makes you seem depressed.
 no_1_bby
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/28/2013 11:16:16 AM

Its not fair that i get sexually frustrated

You're the one in control over this, no one else. You don't want to get sexually frustrated? Then don't get sexually frustrated.

You want a serious 25 year old?

They do exist.

I come on here almost everyday looking for love! I know a lot of men don't want me, because i live 2 or more hours away, but that is not fair to me!

Wow. I'd expect this kind of attitude from someone who is in their late teens early 20s.. shocking to hear it from a 30somthing.

POF and any of the other dating sites in the world, are merely tools in your shed. They are not the ONLY one you should rely on.

*shakes my head*
 sweetpe4u
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/28/2013 12:09:41 PM
Bless your heart, OP. Of course you are more than deserving of love!! However, A free dating website is kind of a crap-shoot, especially when it comes to finding someone with serious intentions. There are a gazillion threads about guys looking for sex, wasters, flakes etc. You almost need to adopt a vigilant attitude in regards to weeding out the undesirables on here.
 Lexti
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/28/2013 8:32:40 PM
What does "No BIG Men" mean? Are we talking penises or "Mr. Big" type men or what? I'm confused.

And I agree with the others. You're going to be hard pressed to find a man in his mid to late 20s looking for serious relationships and kids.
 rosewood_girl
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/28/2013 8:35:06 PM
Try meeting men at a church or somewhere different. Unfortunately some of the douches on this site ruin it for the good men that actually want a relationship.
 tallshyman
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2013 6:54:43 PM
single women are hard to find so I been looking for an illegal Mexican women to date.
 Lexti
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/29/2013 8:51:44 PM
Off topic, but where the heck do you guys get the emoticons from???
 no_1_bby
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2013 7:14:02 AM

Off topic, but where the heck do you guys get the emoticons from???

There used to be built in ones here, but they have gone the way of the dodo bird. Copy paste the smiley you want.
 cooldog65
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2013 4:27:26 AM
OP...He was probably telling you what you want to hear to get laid. He was less interested in having a relationship and even less interested in having children...with you.

Your odds may be better with guys your age and a little older.

You're welcome.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/1/2013 12:28:54 PM
I guess I should be appreciative; lately there has been a WHOLE lot of honesty. It might not be politically correct, it has zero to do with what I say I am on here looking for, but there has been a ton of people who are extremely honest about wanting sexual, wanting passion and wanting immediate visitation...

No flowery language, no romantic pretense... and no prtending to want long term when they just want to bang.

Mind you it wasn't what I was looking for in any of the cases and I said so but I did say thanks very much for the honesty and there ARE alot of women who do want exactly that, so it is EXTREMELY appreciated that they were clear with what they were wanting/offering; it was a really refreshing change.

Mind you, the one that invited me over four dozen times who would not take no for an answer got REALLY frustrating; finally blocked him. But I think it is a good thing to have people be genuine in what they want; so that there are less peopel getting blind sided by someone pretending one thing while just wanting another.

I very much did appreciate all of them being honest And I said so. You can't find someone that will click with you if you aren't who you want someone to click with.

And OP; they are being legitimate; at least you know before htey waste your time. Learn to weed out fast; there are plenty who actually DO want to date, not just hook up. You just have to learn who the other ones are so you can not waste time on them; while spending time with a guy who legitimately wants to date.
 ClearTC
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/4/2013 8:38:22 AM
It says clearly that i am not interested in 25 year olds. Read the profile before you judge me.
 Iseedudpeople
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/4/2013 8:41:04 AM
Your age range in your mail settings is " 25 - 39 "

If you're not interested in having a 25 yr old contact you then you should change that.

Make sense ?
 ClearTC
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/4/2013 8:41:09 AM
Everyone deserves love. It should be a human right. If i cannot have love, neither should anyone else. I believe in equality. I am very mature. I am being bluntly honest. Love should not be a reward or payment, it should be the right of all women and mankind. You don't deserve love or a family if you don't believe in equality.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > Not enough men on here are serious