Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > profile review      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lexti
Msg: 2
profile reviewPage 1 of 1    
The headline...you put a lot of thought into that one, eh? C'mon kid, where's your creativity??

The main pic is no good. A lot of people use the phone app. It's a tiny thumbnail already, but the first image you want them to see is you and 3 blondes? Use #4 as the main and add some more clear shots. You have 8 slots. Use em. Pics are what sell.
You have too many mail filters, and guys really don't need them, especially in your age range. You're already dealing with a 10-1 ratio on guys to girls. You're 24 and your age range is 19-24?? That's a pretty tight window of possibilities. What, are women 25 and older over the hill for you?? So some stunningly gorgeous and intelligent 26 year old sends you a message, you gonna ignore it?
You need a lot of grammar cleanup. Sentences should begin with capital letters. It looks like you were just being lazy. Write up itself is not too bad. You're a good looking kid. Great hair. Now give yourself an advantage.
 StarshipNarrator
Msg: 3
view profile
History
profile review
Posted: 12/5/2013 1:32:30 PM

Did I include what you'd this is the important info?

For a profile review, yes. But what your reader deems as important to them could be non-existent in your profile. That's individual.

Is it long or overly casual?

Well, for cell phone users I suppose your profile is The Bible in length. But to the rest of us with actual desktops and laptops, it's perfectly acceptable. It's very casual. Was your intention not to be?

I'm pretty outgoing so if you're looking for a date, a fellow adventurer, a friendly conversation, or something more, message me and tell me something interesting about yourself! :)

What is your actual intention? Dating? Text buddies? Friendship? Serious relationship? All of the above?

I think I am pretty interested in the world around me and enjoy pop science and most anything except for too much 'chilling'.

Say what? Chilling as in relaxing, hanging out with friends, etc? The wording just seems out of place.
 You go first
Msg: 4
profile review
Posted: 12/5/2013 1:38:33 PM
The only two things that irked were the use of the word 'Handsome' in your headline (let your viewer be the judge of that) and the uncapitalized "Canadian" in your first date idea. Otherwise - a good read.

Which Province are you from? It may be worth a quick mention if you can add humour along with it.

As a hypothetical young British woman, my concern would be getting involved with someone from another country who is only(?) there for Uni. After that, are you going back to Canada? It could potentially cause someone to pass if they were looking for something more than a Spring fling. Just thinking out loud...
 StarshipNarrator
Msg: 6
view profile
History
profile review
Posted: 12/5/2013 5:46:21 PM

and yes, I'm not an overly formal person- I express my attention for detail comes in different manner. ;)

I struggled with formality while writing my profile too. My advice is to have formal subjects such as your hobbies, aspirations, what woman you want, etc. However, try to be informal about them. It's up to you to decide how informal you want to go. Attention to detail is always welcome.

Being informal is not only one of the best ways to show personality but also stand out from the other guys. I've reviewed and read so many profiles and many of them follow a very factual, this-is-me-and-this-should-be-you format. It's not a profile-breaking thing to do. But those profiles often feel like introductions on the first day of class rather than a dating profile where you can try and live a little.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > profile review