Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Need Help!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RyanBee85
Msg: 1
Need Help!Page 1 of 1    
Apparently, white girls hate me lol. I'm the type that is TOTALLY open to race, but it seems like white girls on POF are allergic to me.
Originally, my "About Me" section was very detailed with things that are ahem.. about me. Didn't do much. Then I made it more vague and basic. Didn't help. Am I doing something wrong? ANY advice/suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.
 sandytm
Msg: 2
Need Help!
Posted: 12/6/2013 10:47:35 AM
1. The pictures aren't all that good. Fuzzy and dark needs to be changed to clear crisp images, outdoors preferably. You're only smiling in one pic and that could be one of your best. Each one doesn't have to be a toothy grin, but smile with your eyes.

2. If your headline is referring to a site, change it. Put in something catchy like a lyric or line from a poem.

3. Profile paragraphs:
a) about yourself
b) your hobbies/interests
c) kind of girl interested in

4. First date is really a first meet where you see if you like each other in person. So, you wouldn't do dinner.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Need Help!
Posted: 12/6/2013 11:15:12 AM

Apparently, white girls hate me lol. I'm the type that is TOTALLY open to race, but it seems like white girls on POF are allergic to me.

This seems like an odd statment

so, are girls of other races all over you? Are you getting lots of messages from asian, black, hispanic girls? If so then whats the big deal as you are TOTALLY open to race? Or is it that not girls are messaging you and woudl rather white girls did, in which case you arn't so open to race.

Anyway, a few blurry pics and not text wont get much response from anyone.
 tennistown
Msg: 4
Need Help!
Posted: 12/6/2013 2:03:47 PM

Am I doing something wrong?

Your "Interests" seem about fourteen words too long. Perhaps you could remove "cuddling" and thirteen more?

The "About Ryan" section is coincidentally fourteen words too spartan.
 StarshipNarrator
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Need Help!
Posted: 12/6/2013 2:35:09 PM

This contradicts the online dating statistics. You must be an exception to the rule.

Today we will learn about online dating statistics about race.

Fact: All women (White women, Asian women and Latino women, etc) respond to White men the most. The only women who don't respond to White men as much are Black women (they mostly respond to Black men).

Fact: Most men, except for Asian Men, respond the most to Asian women.

And then...

Fact: Black men and Black women get responded to the least out of everyone. Black women have even worse response rates than Black men.

One final fact: If you asked everybody if they would strongly prefer to date within their own race/ethnicity, most people would say NO...except for White women (which is overwhelmingly what this site is comprised of). They're basically the only group that flips that statistic on its head because more than half of them would say YES.

You're welcome. Happy (racial) Holidays!
 You go first
Msg: 6
Need Help!
Posted: 12/6/2013 2:42:00 PM

I'm the type that is TOTALLY open to race

Nowhere in your profile does it give any clue as to your preference. The profile body itself is actually pretty much useless to get a sense of your personality or humour.

Race aside, women want to see clear, well lit, smiling head shots that are not selfies. Don't you know anyone that can take a decent smiling photo of you, preferably outdoors? There is only one photo that has a half-assed smile.

Many of the Interests are to generic to be helpful. ie: TV - you watch sports? cartoons? the food network?? or do you just turn it on and veg in front of whatever is already there?

As already suggested, cut the Interests way down and actually write something in the profile body that will give a better impression of you. What is your best personality trait? Is there something you love about your occupation? What kind of things do you enjoy on the weekends? What are you REALLY looking for here? What kind of personality is most attractive to you? Avoid clich├ęs and use positive language only. You don't need to write a novel, but 3-4 paragraphs would be good.

When you've made an effort, post back to this same thread for more feedback.
 firefly416
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Need Help!
Posted: 12/6/2013 2:46:05 PM
In order for any woman at all to respond to your ridiculously short profile, you'd have to be so devastatingly good looking that her brain left when she saw your photos. You might be good looking but you don't have good enough photos for us to know.

Replace your photos with clear shots. For now use the green shirt as the main one. Then put back the words you took out and we'll read them.

Interesting info Starship, is it just your opinion or based on anyone's research. I'm not saying I disagree, just curious.
 ouija2013
Msg: 8
Need Help!
Posted: 12/6/2013 3:02:24 PM
I spend more time filing my teeth than you did writing your profile.
Are you the unsub of POF? Do we need to get CSI in to find out who Ryan is?
Main isn't good.. bit too intense
Lose cuddling as an Interest - whimpers horny guy hoping to get banged.
 StarshipNarrator
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Need Help!
Posted: 12/6/2013 3:15:50 PM

Interesting info Starship, is it just your opinion or based on anyone's research. I'm not saying I disagree, just curious.

That's based on actual research that has been published. Some of the data was collected from a couple million people. Some of it was collected from well over 100,000 people. So, these pools of data aren't small like you may commonly find in other studies in general.

My actual opinion is that interracial dating is certainly on the rise nowadays. However, I still don't feel that it's entirely a part of our consciousness in such a way that we don't debate or bug out about it when we actually see it.
 Lexti
Msg: 10
Need Help!
Posted: 12/6/2013 4:35:24 PM

I spend more time filing my teeth than you did writing your profile.
Are you the unsub of POF? Do we need to get CSI in to find out who Ryan is?
Main isn't good.. bit too intense
Lose cuddling as an Interest - whimpers horny guy hoping to get banged.

^^^Heehee...Ouija always keeps me coming back for more.

Seriously, where's the profile we're supposed to review??
 ktxginger
Msg: 11
Need Help!
Posted: 12/7/2013 2:07:06 AM
Are you saying that the almost nonexistent 'about me' section was what you deliberately went to to see if it would help because a longer one didn't?

You need to put something in there for us to work with and review. I know I'm not going to write it for you.

Just a comment on the racial thing - you need different pictures. They are too dark so until I went to your profile, I couldn't tell what race you are. Therefore, using the statistics that you were generously provided by one of the reviewers here, that might be the reason you claim that 'white women hate me'.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Need Help!