Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > would someone review my profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 squisey
Msg: 1
would someone review my profilePage 1 of 1    
I message quite a few girls and occasionally theirs a conversation and they say they want to meet up. But it never happens. And I don't understand why that is. If you could help me out that would be great. Thanks!
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 2
would someone review my profile
Posted: 12/7/2013 4:18:55 PM
At first glance I thought your username was "squishy." The fact that you smoke and "want to date but nothing serious" are serious deal breakers for the majority of women. Most women want a loving relationship.

Your profile is littered with spelling and grammar errors, another turn off for women. It appears you spent two minutes on your scanty profile.

START OVER. Read the Profile Writing Tips highlighted in green. Your profile is an advertisement- a marketing piece- to attract the kind of woman you want to date. The best profiles are well written, upbeat and interesting, with a dash of humor. Internet dating is a written, visual medium. Correct spelling and grammar are important because it shows you care about details.

What makes you unique? What activities do you enjoy? What can a woman look forward to when she meets you? Describe the type of woman you want to meet using personality traits.

Women will see your main photo as a tiny pic the size of a saltine cracker on their cell phone screens. If your main photo is not clear, bright and attractive, they move on. A genuine smile is inviting, warm and attractive. Women want to see your eyes and smile. In your main photo, the disembodied hand giving a thumbs-up in your face is weird and off-putting.

Your main photo should be a head-and-shoulder shot, showing you SMILING and looking at the camera. You also need one full body shot, smiling and looking at the camera. Have a friend take your photos outdoors for better lighting, with a quality digital camera, not a fuzzy cellphone. I couldn't tell which person was you standing in front of the tower.

Interests should be ACTIVITIES you enjoy and would enjoy doing with a woman. "Fixing things," "cars" and "fun" are not activities you can do with a woman. Choose 15 activities. Since interests are displayed in three columns, 15 will give you three equal columns that look sharp on your profile. Your headline should be short and upbeat, and say something about you. "Life is Amazing" is my headline.

Good luck in your romantic search.
 You go first
Msg: 3
would someone review my profile
Posted: 12/8/2013 7:48:02 PM
If you are getting responses, conversations and to the meet up stage, you are WAY ahead of the majority of guys on this site. What is probably happening is that the girls you are contacting are juggling several guys at a time. When their 'favourite' steps up, you will see The Poof Phenomenon. (That's what happens when you're number 2 or 3 or 9 in line..., they go "Poof!" Gone. Get used to it.)

To have a better chance of connecting with someone more available, you will need to follow the suggestions already made. Your daughter must be 4 by now, right? A girl will want to know if you have her every weekend or only on special occasions. Girls in your age range without kids tend to want to avoid becoming an insta-mommy, so it would be to your advantage to mention how often you have her, if at all. If you don't get a chance to see her, simply say you don't get to see her as much as you'd like.

The rest of the profile is really basic. There's not a lot of personality of humour, but at least you gave some basic information on things you enjoy.

You could always update photos and change them out every couple of weeks to appear 'new'. Other than that, the only thing I can think of is that somewhere in the communications line you are saying something or NOT saying something that they want to hear, and who the hell knows what that could be.
 squisey
Msg: 4
I have updated my profile. Would you review it?
Posted: 3/17/2014 1:17:17 PM
 squisey
Msg: 5
Posted: 5/6/2014 9:11:42 PM
HI Form reviewers. I have changed everything. my pics and my about me. But I still sand out messages and get a few to view my profile. and even less that actually respond to messages. Or send me a message just because they are interested in getting to know who I am.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 6
Posted: 5/7/2014 5:31:32 AM
Your headline doesn't mesh well with your photos, which are all indoors, bad quality, badly lit. Pics of kids are against site rules. Pic with the attractive blonde is a bad idea (can I have her number?). You've got the smiling nailed and look like you enjoy having your pic taken so get a better quality camera or simply into better lighting and get some GOOD photos.

"Wants to date but nothing serious" will not do you any favours, this is what guys looking for FWB put.

It's what I call a type 2 profile, that is it's better than the average schmuck on here who uses text speak and writes dumb stuff. But it's simply a factual list of things about you - there's a million profiles just like it. Having said that the first paragraph does show more passion than average.

You might want to simplify your child contact description... too much detail too early.

Rather than speak about "a girl" or "someone", use "you". Makes it more personal. And for the love of bacon, get rid of the "clean up nicely" and the last sentence! And all the white space at the end, what's with that?
 tennistown
Msg: 7
Posted: 5/7/2014 10:43:56 AM

But I still sand out messages and get a few to view my profile.

Rotate your primary picture weekly and keep sanding them messages out.

I'm Up for making new friends as well.

I'm up for making new friends as well.

Occasionally, you capitalize words that don't require capitalization.
I spotted another one too.
Good luck.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > would someone review my profile