Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Rock and Roll HOF      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Rock and Roll HOF Page 1 of 1    
How come groups like Styx, Chicago, Journey, Moody Blues and Yes are not in the RNRHOF? You actually have soul artists, Easy listening artists and Disco artists in here and even The freaking Beastie Boys. This is an insult to me and I think it is very political.
 GuitarPlayer64
Msg: 2
Rock and Roll HOF
Posted: 12/9/2013 7:10:19 AM
Of course it's political. Rush should have been in there over a decade ago, and it took almost 40 bloody years for their efforts to be recognized by Rolling Stone Magazine. I don't see Chicago getting in and there are a lot of other bands I could see getting picked before them. A lot of the time their recognition is based on contributions to music and there are a lot of bands worthy of nomination too.
 Iseedudpeople
Msg: 3
Rock and Roll HOF
Posted: 12/9/2013 8:02:38 AM
Apparently credibility isn't big on their list of priorities is it ?
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Rock and Roll HOF
Posted: 12/9/2013 4:30:24 PM
Cleveland is not exactly people will visit. I would suggest the RNRHOF be more reasonable who they let in , because this has to hurt the RNRHOF gate and the city of Cleveland overall.
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Rock and Roll HOF
Posted: 12/15/2013 8:28:45 AM
To answer your question. It is an insult because they are trying to fool us with having people in the Hall that do not deserve it and do not even fit the RNR genre, while keeping actually deserving people out. It is wrong and obviously political. In other words they are acting like the public are a bunch of idiots.
 MS.ICENI
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Rock and Roll HOF
Posted: 12/17/2013 2:07:28 PM
At the end of the day, does it really matter? You like what you like and you're free to buy and play anything you choose. While the Rock and Roll HOF is a sort of recognition, it's not going to change the world going round.
Rock and Roll HOF
Posted: 12/20/2013 4:13:26 AM

How come groups like Styx, Chicago, Journey, Moody Blues and Yes are not in the RNRHOF? You actually have soul artists, Easy listening artists and Disco artists in here and even The freaking Beastie Boys. This is an insult to me and I think it is very political.

^^^^^^^^^
Don't forget
Stevie Ray Vaughn

This is an insult to me

Do you mean you feel this is an insult to them (in your opinion)?
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Rock and Roll HOF
Posted: 12/21/2013 10:09:37 AM
^^^ You are correct. I am thinking narcissistic. I do think it is a bigger insult to the deserving musicians that are not in the RNRHOF, but to a lesser degree the public , by trying to pass the RNRHOF as something that is genuine , when it clearly is not.
 agoraphobic_insomniac
Msg: 9
Rock and Roll HOF
Posted: 12/28/2013 11:18:33 PM
Just because you disagree with their choices does not mean the RNRHOF are wrong.
 flyguy51
Msg: 10
Rock and Roll HOF
Posted: 2/6/2014 8:05:04 PM
I agree. Before Rush and Heart were recently inducted, I was afraid their next inductees were going to be the likes of Celine Dion and Kenny G.
 Proteaus
Msg: 11
Rock and Roll HOF
Posted: 2/9/2014 7:20:08 PM
What gets me is a lot of so called"classic rock " now days was never rock to start with . If it wasn't considered rock when it was created then why is it rock now ? It isn't . Ya Eric I grew up on Judas Priest and Sabbath .
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 12
Rock and Roll HOF
Posted: 2/9/2014 7:38:27 PM
For the life of me I can't recall if the bands Judas Priest as well as KISS have been inducted yet.
It is only a matter of time for both of them, of course. They are from the same era and both are legendary.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Rock and Roll HOF