Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > uk males ideally - constructive comments on profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
uk males ideally - constructive comments on profilePage 1 of 1    
Not a man, but can give you a hint on pics.
A woman knows a good looking woman just as well as a man.

Make #2 your main in the line up that you have for now.It's pretty and no sunglasses for a main..
Remove #3 as you look much older in it than your stated age and a lot like Carol Burnett. I think its the jaw angle or position caught in the pic.Angles and lighting can be your friend or enemy.
Love pic #4 as your hair looks great and you have a fabulous neck and shoulders,but alas sunglasses again.
Put up at least one full body shot.
Take one pic in a dress or a feminine top.

It was suggested by a male friend my profile was too long

No it isn't
Is he assuming men are actually reading all we write?
Balderdash.

needed to be snappier

Could use a bit of humor IMO, but if you are looking for "Mr serious all the time", leave it.
uk males ideally - constructive comments on profile
Posted: 12/10/2013 2:32:52 AM
Good changes and I can't imagine height running off anyone but insecure gnomes.Please.

Just don't slump and carry it with pride.
"A tall cool glass of water".
"I bet those legs go up to her neck "all positive comments.

isn't undecided better than prefer not to say.

^^^^^^^It sounds better, but if she can't stand the thought of kids or an ex in the mix hanging around, maybe not a good idea.
I think if the right guy had a good child and he is the father and not a buddy to his kid with an ex that isn't a nut bar
( esp out of state/the country) then it wouldn't matter, but that's just me.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 12/10/2013 12:02:45 PM
HI couple of points form another UK male :)

Your profile is fine, not major issues or red flags.

Your pictures are fine, you are an attractive lady so thats all good. There are 8 spaces for photos for a reason, use them all and use them wisely. Try and have a few 'different' ones in there, not all sat at a beach or on holiday.

As for the text again, it's fine, though other than you said you would be supportive of a partner you make no other references to wanting a man or starting a new relationship. Men love to feel wanted. I was reading your profile thinking 'ok, so where would I fit in?' your life sounds like it is filled with fun and exciting things, how would a new partner fit into that?

Maybe add a few lines talking about the kind of person you are looking for, and what attributes you find attractive in a man. Instead of saying something like "I love to go to the cinema twice a week" say something like "I'd love it if we could go to the cinema regularly together". Try and use 'Us' and 'We' language rather than "I".

Hope that's helpful
 ouija2013
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/10/2013 12:36:36 PM
Longest first sentence ever.. tighten the prose up.
I've seen the borrow a dog and go walking lots and lots, come up with something more original.
My height has never been an issue.
Agreed you need to get up all 8 photos.
Doesn't take long to change the sheets doesn't it?
You like going to the cinema - speak of the type of films you enjoy.
 ouija2013
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/12/2013 4:44:52 PM
I like it as it tells a story.
But you still haven't given a Man a glimpse of you.. even the interests, so solo. What would do you as a couple?
What type of msgs are you sending? I've never msged a Man, never done a search. Never had a photo or a profile. I must be lucky :/
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/13/2013 2:17:49 AM
Looks good to me. If on the island (and if single :)), would message.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/3/2014 12:25:20 PM
Current main pic is blurry.
Would suggest using pic with brick wall background and crop it more to reduce the man's blue suit jacket in foreground.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/3/2014 2:08:55 PM
That clearer and brighter pic is a MUCH better choice. Excellent work!
 You go first
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/3/2014 6:18:10 PM

but am still getting loads of views but no messages and my friends with one photo and a bland 4 liner are getting loads of messages. Constructive criticism please.

Your friends are probably getting more traffic from pervy losers who are messaging every woman within a hundred miles or who they have NOTHING in common with. If their profiles are that vague, ANYONE will think they have a shot. The amount of messages means nothing, the content/quality of the sender is important.

Your profile is well-written and articulate. You present yourself as a happy, confident woman. Many men are intimidated by this, and of course, your height.

Are you contacting men YOU find interesting?? Or are you just waiting for a slew of pervy losers to message you, too?
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > uk males ideally - constructive comments on profile