Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I'd like to get some feedback on my profile      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Lexti
Msg: 2
I'd like to get some feedback on my profilePage 1 of 1    
Effective?? Not at all. You are looking to date right? Because this is not a dating profile.

You have 2 pictures of yourself, both with shades at a distance, and one from 2 years ago. Women will want to know what you look like. The other 2 pics serve no purpose whatsoever.

Your profession is "Guess"? Again, women aren't interested in guessing games. You may as well have left the "About Me" section blank for as much purpose as the poem serves. You want women to respond when you haven't given them a single thing to be interested in about you. This will get you nothing more than a click onto the next profile.
 fieryredhead77
Msg: 3
I'd like to get some feedback on my profile
Posted: 12/11/2013 5:04:05 PM
both pics of you, you are wearing sunglasses. Big no no. You need a shot of your face, sans things obscuring our view.

The poem was different, and it might actually work in your age range. I don't know. I liked it.
 Lexti
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/11/2013 5:28:41 PM
Not if you have more recent photos showing that you don't look much different.
 fieryredhead77
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/11/2013 5:29:05 PM
Not wearing glasses for a pic is not misrepresenting yourself. I find it off you would even think that. People who were glasses take them off for pics all the time - I know, I have family that wear glasses.

However, posting pics that are two years old can be considered misrepresenting yourself, as most people change in two years physically. People might assume you have gained 50 pounds or something if you don't have a recent first photo.
 fieryredhead77
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/11/2013 6:59:45 PM
You can put that one but it has the same issue with the dark glasses
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/11/2013 7:04:43 PM
The latter two pics are prohibited and may result in being nuked. Either that, or your profile being nuked. You must be in ALL pics.

Your primary pic would be better kept for the gallery. For a main pic, have a decent head/shoulder shot with a big smile, sans sunglasses, hats, friends, booze, caps, hoodies, kiddies etc., as women want to see your face and eyes clearly.

Your profile tells me literally nothing about you at all. Read the writing tips at the top of the forum and implement many good ideas.

Profession: Guess
You're kidding, right? Who's going to play 60 questions? NO one.

You've got to try harder RE: pics and profile if you want a woman to reciprocate.
 firefly416
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2013 7:06:33 PM
A 2 year old photo would be okay if you had many more recent ones. We have to be in all the photos so 2 of yours can't be there.

I guess you're retired. Either that or a bank robber.

In order to get away with just the poem, you'd need to have much better photos.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/12/2013 1:48:22 AM
You seem very resistant to take the advice of the experienced people who have responded thus far. So I have grave doubts you will like what I have to say. I am probably wasting one of my 10 a day but here goes...

Lose the last 2 photos, they are against POF rules. You must be in all of your photos. You need a close up headshot as your main. The remaining 2 photos are too distant. When did smiling go out of fashion? Yes lose the dark glasses... if they are photo-chromatic or whatever then take a photo when the sun is not so bright. This is not rocket science here. 2 years old isn't too old if you haven't changed, but I wouldn't caption it as being 2 years old.

Profession "guess" means you're unemployed. That is what everyone will assume.
Prefer not to say if you want children... what's with that? This seems really WEIRD. The only reason not to disclose would be that you're hoping for a younger woman to have more kids with. Creepy.

Delete your about me and do it properly.
 sandytm
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/12/2013 5:00:42 AM
fiery, often it has to do w/the strength of the script and the reason for wearing the glasses. I've worn glasses since I was 6yo and I don't take them off for pics b/c everything is too blurry to focus on anything. My 6yo son can't be photographed w/o his glasses b/c his eye shifts outward.
 ouija2013
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/12/2013 5:30:08 AM
You look to be in good shape - play that up. Many women here of a certain age complain about how older Men keep themselves.. in the second you look fit. The first is too far away, wouldn't know you if I tripped over you.
The tree one, no that is just sad looking. The picture is not allowed ( altho you have good taste)
But the poem. Er, no. Profile tells me nothing except you fancy yourself a Poet.
You need to tell us about you.
 dichoTommy
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2014 3:54:32 AM
from the second thread:

If you see something you like on someone else's profile, then reword it to fit YOU - not them. BTW: guys don't get 'dolled up' - they 'clean up nicely' or get 'dressed nicely' - only women get 'dolled up'.

We suit up. We get dressed to the nines. I get in touch with my inner pimp. Maybe he does get dolled up.

OP, the biggest thing to realize about dating is this: There is absolutely someone out there for everyone. Be yourself, don't worry about whether that's good enough for anyone else. The person out there for you will love you for who you are. The more genuine you are, the closer you're likely to get to a match.

Of course, that being said, we'll help ensure that you don't do anything self-destructive. ;)
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 15
Posted: 6/6/2014 6:18:12 AM
I read your profile last night, and after the 2 Beatles references it went straight downhill and never came back, your new version is a little better but not much.
You need photos that are inspiring, handsome. laughing, engaged. I just don't see that . I don't care for your studio shot either, given your skin tones I think it's a poor choice. Look on the web for dating profile photo articles, there are many - compare yours to theirs and see what I mean.
Likewise from your text - hatchet-wielding ex? Wow. Mostly you write about what you don't like or want,,, you don't paint any pictures with your words, , , and again I feel no engagement.
You don't even tell us what you do for a living. You consult? Oh, that tells me a lot !
Bottom line - You don't give women much opportunity to connect to you.
 tennistown
Msg: 16
Posted: 6/6/2014 8:50:22 AM

Now I'd like appreciate some feedback on what other members (particularly ladies) think of what I say.

I'm no lady.
But, I will tell you what I think about your profile.

Oct. 08 - but the only picture I could find that shows my eyes...

A six year old picture, is really not current enough. Especially for the "Main."

Plus, I can't really tell what color your eyes are?
Red?

And as pointed out earlier, the "up the nose shots" are rarely flattering.
It takes quite the proboscis to pull that angle off, and make it look good.

-------------
Edit to add, to original thread
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I'd like to get some feedback on my profile