Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Hello PoF'ers      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Adorno949
Msg: 1
Hello PoF'ers Page 1 of 1    
Hey Guys!
This is probably my 5th or 6th time on here in the past year. I do not know if I should never sign up again or just keep it and keep on getting miserable. I am not able to meet girls in the real world so I am being very depressed. I have tried church that is not working. I did have a girl message me back but recently she's hitting me up for money. What kind of crap is that?! I just want a girl to love me for me and accept me too. I would like some other members opinions on this matter. I kind of copied and pasted my about me but put some in my own words. Hope to hear from someone soon. I did get someone else to help me but no progress what so ever. Thank you

Chris
 You go first
Msg: 2
Hello PoF'ers
Posted: 12/12/2013 10:34:15 PM
Your intent says "Not looking for any kind of commitment!" Oops!!!

I will also refrain from giving you a bad time about your poor taste in hockey teams.... :P

This whole online thing is not a drive through service. It will take time and patience. If you have more photos to add, like from a recent holiday, do it! Women are visual and you can always change them out as new events come up.

The money girls are professional scammers. Immediately delete her emails and don't respond.

Your profile says you like bowling. Are you on a league? You could meet some nice people there who are single or have sisters or daughters who are single.... ?
 Adorno949
Msg: 3
Hello PoF'ers
Posted: 12/12/2013 11:12:44 PM
Hey! thanks for the reply. Does my profile look slightly good for doing it over? Yeah I spoke words with my co workers and they said I would be highly dumb if I gave her the cash so to loose the money. Will this ever work? Will I ever find a girl on here that gets to know me then doesn't ask me for money? Its not like OMG really? I put bowling because I enjoy bowling but I haven't in forever. I will be joining a league when my local alley opens but that wont be for a long time. For now should I go ahead and erase that? What kind of messages should I write first time? thanks for your help!
 Digthedirk
Msg: 4
Hello PoF'ers
Posted: 12/12/2013 11:25:20 PM
an awesome message that always works for me is, "cute pics!! :)" Thats it. Unless your talking to the less then 2 percent of rockets on here, but most of those are fake profiles anyways so don't sweat.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 5
Hello PoF'ers
Posted: 12/13/2013 1:46:50 AM
^ That is the worst advice possible. Don't do that.

You really need some better pics. The main is not flattering. The second one is OK but not for a main. The one with the girls, lose it. You really need more, better pics especially a good smiling headshot for a main.

The profile is a little bland and generic. You don't really stand out from the crowd much. The paragraph format seems like you've just copied the profile writing tips word for word. You need to inject some LIFE into it. Make them want to respond to YOU rather than the other 9 guys who messaged them this morning.

Delete the stuff about your mother, it's a bit "Norman Bates".

The best message is a couple of sentences, light and fun, references something in her profile and asks a question that is easy to respond to. What gets responses on here is good pics and a good profile. The message isn't really important as long as it's not something dumb like the above poster suggested. You can search the forums for first messages, it's very heavily discussed.
 You go first
Msg: 6
Hello PoF'ers
Posted: 12/13/2013 9:47:11 AM
I think the picture with the girls is ok because it appears you are all wearing the same kind of (work?) uniform, so it should be obvious you're not dating them. (Girls don't like to see pictures of guys with what may be their ex's)

A closer main photo would be good, though.
 Adorno949
Msg: 7
Hello PoF'ers
Posted: 12/13/2013 10:11:57 AM
Even if I do fix up my profile post better pictures and start sending first messages I probably wont even get a response. Should I just go ahead and delete this? E- harmony sucks too Doesn't work. Its pathetic. I just want a girlfriend. Getting tired of being single. :(
 StarshipNarrator
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Hello PoF'ers
Posted: 12/13/2013 11:18:09 AM

Even if I do fix up my profile post better pictures and start sending first messages I probably wont even get a response. Should I just go ahead and delete this? E- harmony sucks too Doesn't work. Its pathetic. I just want a girlfriend. Getting tired of being single. :(

Defeatist attitude + no confidence + desperate = Delete.
 ouija2013
Msg: 9
Hello PoF'ers
Posted: 12/13/2013 11:20:13 AM
You haven't failed until you quit.
But is you are getting so stressed then perhaps on line dating isn't for you.
I just want a Jag and a Castle in Spain. Life is unfair
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 10
Hello PoF'ers
Posted: 12/13/2013 11:31:30 AM
"I just want a girlfriend."
Sorry, pal, no dating site is going to get you a girlfriend. Dating sites are about meeting people, and then you spend time with them, and hopefully you enjoy each other's company, and THEN you may get a girlfriend.
You seem like a good guy, but your profile is rather "thin." You tell us you much you love bowling, so where's the photo? You tell us you're special, but you don't offer any proof. Have you ever seen car ads? (duh) They don't just show a car, they show a group of people enjoying that car !! That's what you want to do in your profile. Show us a photo of you having FUN with other people, not paid models btw, so that the girl who is scanning pof will want to join you !
I would drop the talk about the single Mom, instead say "I am close to my family" and again, why not a nice warm photo of you and your mom together? Also, you need one good profile photo. If you can go to hockey games then you can afford to pay a real photographer to make a real photo of you. It's a solid investment. Don't go to Sears or K-mart, go to photo studios and look at their work, and find some that have the look you want to have,,, and do it !!
btw POF works fine for me, I'm willing to bet it will work for you too.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Hello PoF'ers