Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > profile feedback please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kadventures
Msg: 1
profile feedback pleasePage 1 of 1    
Hey all,

I'd like some suggestions on my profile. Any constructive feedback you all have for me I appreciate. I'm wondering if my focusing on food and books is too limiting? Should I be more general? It says to write about your hobbies and what you like to do. I'm trying to write to show rather than tell people about me. I'm trying to not be generic in my writing. Thoughts? What captures your attention when reading someone's profile?

Plus pictures please let me know if I need better pictures? What are captiviatign photos? I'm not talking about clarity of photo but what are some interesting photos that draw people in. Trying to put pictures of me in different situations.

Thanks guys. Happy holidays!
 StarshipNarrator
Msg: 2
view profile
History
profile feedback please
Posted: 12/14/2013 4:52:11 PM

I'm wondering if my focusing on food and books is too limiting?

It wouldn't be too limiting if it was well complemented by other information. But you spend more than half of your profile talking about it so it is limiting.

I'm trying to write to show rather than tell people about me. I'm trying to not be generic in my writing. Thoughts?

Well, my advice is to basically ignore what POF advises you to do and talk about what you actually want to talk about. Make your own canvas instead of coloring inside the lines, so to speak.

What captures your attention when reading someone's profile?

Are you asking this so you can emulate any potential responses or do you truly have something you want to express yourself? It's about capturing someone's attention but it's also about doing something with it once you have it. You don't just tap someone on the back to get their attention and then keep tapping them when they turn around. You have to have something to say.

What are captiviatign photos?

Obviously the pizza photo. It looks hilariously disfigured. Did it get jumped by something in the oven? O__o
 Kadventures
Msg: 3
profile feedback please
Posted: 12/14/2013 5:03:31 PM
Thanks for the feedback on the first question. I'll add in some more stuff in there. Figure if I write too much people won't want to read the profile. I guess I gotta make it interesting and captivating. Thanks
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 4
profile feedback please
Posted: 12/14/2013 5:07:19 PM
You've only been with us for a few days, but you seem to be doing well.
In general, women want relationships, so they message way more guys who are looking for the same thing. That doesn't mean that every date turns into a LTR, but it seems we get lots more messages if we set our profile accordingly. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the world of online dating, date but nothing serious = hookup. Everybody enjoys a good hookup, but women are not allowed to admit seeking them - it's a societal double standard.
You have good photos, much better than average. Many women are turned of by the thought of bar-crawlers, but then again, maybe that's who you ARE looking for. I always suggest a family pic of some sort with other family members in a warm, huggy setting. Women like to see that.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that you'll get lots more dates if you put "relationship" as your goal, because you'll get lots more "fishes" to work with.
 You go first
Msg: 5
profile feedback please
Posted: 12/14/2013 7:12:32 PM
If I were half my age and looking, I'd be sold on the main photo. GREAT smile. One of my favourite and most memorable photos from doing reviews was a younger guy (your age) in a playground with all the bright coloured plastic things and he was coming down a slide with his arms in the air and a friend took a photo. He had a genuine laugh, looked like he was having a blast, and the photo was colourful and eye-catching. Others may think it would be silly, but it was obviously showing someone who was in touch with his inner child/fun.

No red flags in the stats or Interests.

The profile body is a really good read. I appreciate the info on the cooking (totally relateable) and the reading. What's missing is what you are REALLY looking for. The 'intent'/nothing serious goes really against the whole process, no? If you are just looking for something casual/NSA, why bother with all the details, right?

A line or two clarifying if you are just looking for something casual, or ultimately would like to meet one great lady. If you are looking for a particular personality, mention it. (grounded, spontaneous, positive, thoughtful, sarcastic, bubbly... whatever you find most appealing)

You have selected 'Mixed' ethnicity in your stats. Why not a line about that?

ps - I find family photos horribly tacky and a blatant attempt to show how warm and fuzzy you are. We're not here to date Grampa, we want to see you. Same with photos of children. It's just tacky, tacky, tacky, not to mention irresponsible of those people to have minor children's faces on these sites. End of rant.
 Kadventures
Msg: 6
profile feedback please
Posted: 12/15/2013 4:59:30 PM
Thanks for the tips. I'll make sure to make the adjustments and add the what I'm looking for in the profile.
 Kadventures
Msg: 7
profile feedback please
Posted: 12/16/2013 9:48:20 PM
Could use a female's perspective on the profile too. Appreciate it. Thanks
 You go first
Msg: 8
profile feedback please
Posted: 12/16/2013 11:29:38 PM
um, sweetie? I'm the one with boobs in the pictures. It's usually a good idea to read the reviewer's profile to get a perspective on where they're coming from.
 Kadventures
Msg: 9
profile feedback please
Posted: 12/17/2013 10:30:06 AM
I'm so sorry about that. That is embarrassing on my part. You are right I should read the reviewers profile before hand. Thank you again for your help in reviewing my profile.
 You go first
Msg: 10
profile feedback please
Posted: 12/17/2013 10:40:47 AM
You're cute so I forgive you.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > profile feedback please