Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > humor  > Funny movies      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Funny moviesPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Bad Grandpa has to be one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time (since Borat).

With winter coming and more time spent in front of the TV, what would you recommend for those nights when you want something light and funny to watch?
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 2
Funny movies
Posted: 12/14/2013 8:15:22 PM
^^^^YES! Bad Grandpa - definitely one of the funniest movies I've seen in awhile. I loved There's Something About Mary; The HangOver; and Bridesmaids.

About Bad Grandpa.....for some reason I laugh BIG TIME where potty humor is concerned. The scene in the diner/coffee shop where the kid and Grandpa are in the back eating, and Grandpa ultimately "sharted" (yep slang!) onto the wall, I laughed so hard, tears were streaming down my face. The next scene was playing and I was still laughing about the shart (how immature is that!!!).....I'm giggling about it now....soooooo gross....! OH, and what about his U-know what getting stuck in the vending machine! And so funny to hire 2 men to help move.......move the dead body to the back of the car. I was surprised one of the guys did not call 911. Funny movie! Interestingly enough, I have not seen any of the Jack-Ass movies with Johnny Knoxville. Oh, I loved Borat....too! But, I think I liked Bad
Grandpa better.
 ouija2013
Msg: 3
Funny movies
Posted: 12/15/2013 5:57:12 AM
Joe's Apartment ( you can sing along with the roaches)
Bubble Boy ( ice cream and curry)
Dumb and Dumber ( why I laugh no idea)
Funny thing happened on the way to the Forum
And no Christmas season is complete without watching Die Hard
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Funny movies
Posted: 12/15/2013 3:08:07 PM

About Bad Grandpa.....for some reason I laugh BIG TIME where potty humor is concerned.

Lol ... me too, and I usually don't laugh about that stuff. I lmao at the bar scene, becasue of the reference his "age", and at the bingo hall, when that lady said "Oh hell no!" lol. Lots of funny stuff in that movie, and yeah, makes me laugh a little now. Won't give away anymore though ;) Anyone needs a little pick me up, hit the movie theater :)

I haven't seen half of these movies recommended, thank you.

Winter time can get so boring :) It's a good thing to slow down though.
 the_lone_wolf_66
Msg: 5
Funny movies
Posted: 12/15/2013 8:18:14 PM
If you have Netflix, look up 'Sharknado'. Yes, it's as bad as the title suggests. It's so bad that it's hilarious. The tiny waves in the background don't match the storm in the foreground, the acting is mediocre at best and the story is incoherent. An 8-th grader might get a C for such a movie project. All that makes it amusing to watch. I had to laugh out loud when a man who gets snagged by a shark goes 'ow', as if he had hurt his finger on a paper cut. It's not a comedy, at least not deliberately. Just the funniest fail of a serious movie.
 ouija2013
Msg: 6
Funny movies
Posted: 12/16/2013 5:41:27 AM
Anything by Asylum is worth a view for the giggle factor. Mega Shark was great :/
Sharknado by same B company, they had a poll to name the next Sharknado movie.
The winner? Sharknado 2. LOL
 John255317
Msg: 7
Funny movies
Posted: 12/18/2013 5:50:47 PM
Dumb and dumber is my favorite, it is so damn stupid it is funny! Can't wait for the new sequel of it coming out next year. Christmas vacation is also a classic for me. Only saw anchorman once and thought it was stupid, not really a will Farrell fan but going to watch the sequel and see if I can see the humor. I do love the dodge ads he does.
 kornbluth
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Funny movies
Posted: 12/22/2013 2:33:58 PM
"The Loved One" (1965) has got to be the darkest, funniest black comedy in English. A satire on Hollywood and the burial business from a novella by Evelyn Waugh, screenplay be Terry Southern and Christopher Isherwood. Jonathan Winters has the 2 leads, and the rest of the cast is full of contemporary stars. Not for the squemish of politikally korrekt.
 raxarsr
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Funny movies
Posted: 12/22/2013 7:10:14 PM
i still say one of the funniest movies i've ever seen was "secondhand lions"......not slapstick funny like stripes......but thru out the movie.......there's tons of laughs
 Bebedeleau
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Funny movies
Posted: 12/22/2013 8:44:51 PM
If you have Netflix, look up 'Sharknado'

Thanks. We found it last night on Netflix. Yes, it was so horribly bad it was funny :) I didn't watch the whole thing, though.
 CatManDo1959
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Funny movies
Posted: 2/9/2014 1:19:25 AM
Offhand, Airplane! and the Naked Gun come to mind. I also loved Johnny Dangerously and I'm Gonna Get You Sucka. Something not too well known is Kentucky Fried Movie, an earlier work by the Airplane writers - kind of a Mad magazine pastiche of sketches, hit and miss and knowing Enter the Dragon helps with the parody movie part. The MST3K series used to be the winner for pop-blown-through-my-nose explosive laughter; that might have been a phase of mine.
For TV shows, I lean to Red Dwarf and Sledge Hammer.
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 12
Funny movies
Posted: 2/22/2014 3:57:18 PM
"Waking Ned Devine" is a hilarious Irish comedy.

"The Birdcage" starring Nathan Lane and Robin Williams.

"Bringing Down the House" with Steve Martin and Queen Latifah, one of the funniest movies, ever.

"My Cousin Vinnie" starring Joe Pesci and Marisa Tomei, in her Oscar-winning Supporting Actress performance.

"The Incredibles," a hilarious, animated movie. "Mom, you are such a kid!" daughter Claire said at 14 as I collapsed on the floor, laughing and kicking my feet while watching "The Incredibles."
 SILLYGIRL111
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Funny movies
Posted: 3/2/2014 3:38:30 PM
Dumb and Dumber. Meet the fockers. Miss doubt fire. My big fat Greek wedding.Home alone.
 John255317
Msg: 14
Funny movies
Posted: 3/7/2014 6:21:38 PM
mrs doubtfire, that was a great movie, good one
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 15
Funny movies
Posted: 3/8/2014 10:22:23 AM
Monty Python's "The Life of Brian". I have to have a box of Puffs nearby. I laugh till my sides hurt and tears roll down my cheeks!
 Laidbackguy1964
Msg: 16
Funny movies
Posted: 6/17/2017 9:27:17 AM
Stir crazy - LMAO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLzPRyMmOGY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5VNcjWIjGs

See no evil hear no evil
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FHF2TWFNAw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5O5jd5cqZA
 NewYorker58
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Funny movies
Posted: 7/5/2017 8:57:27 PM
"Bad Santa", "Identity Thief", "Planes, Trains and Automobiles", "Bridesmaids", "Superbad".
 Inicia
Msg: 18
Funny movies
Posted: 7/7/2017 7:51:32 PM
"Snatched" Amy schumer, Goldie Hawn The theater was laughing very consistently!
 meowzing
Msg: 19
Funny movies
Posted: 7/8/2017 12:37:59 AM
Sausage Party is so politically incorrect you have to watch it. Either you will laugh your azz off or be offended.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Funny movies
Posted: 7/9/2017 3:36:26 AM
The Interview is the funniest film I've watched in a while.
Plus James Franco is incredibly funny and good to look at.

Eta: Fargo (if not already mentioned) is one film I'd recommend everyone/anyone see.
 Inicia
Msg: 21
Funny movies
Posted: 7/9/2017 3:15:23 PM
yeah i liked it quite well the first time but no need to rewatch,. nothing really new or different yeah franco: its his portrayal of any character that makes him pleasant to see: in different story lines general choices cast him> themes to carry through he does it well. consistency with facial body intonation capturing the theme directors wish to portray without utilizing the stereotypical physical ideology. there is nothing in his physical to offend
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Funny movies
Posted: 7/10/2017 12:53:07 PM
^^^that is quite the critique:)
Another film I found funny was Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, old film
 NewYorker58
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Funny movies
Posted: 7/10/2017 1:27:56 PM
I liked Amy Schumer, but she's crashed and burned. Her standup was epic, so freaking funny, but not the last one I saw. She must have just done it for the $$$, because it wasn't funny and she didn't look like she was having fun. Her movie "Snatched" received really bad reviews, not just from critics, but regular people. She does a lot of comedy about women and our issues, but sometimes I just want to enjoy comedy. 3.6 stars for "Snatched": http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2334871/

For anyone that doesn't know about imdb.com, it's a great resource for reviews from people, not just critics. It lists goofs and inconsistencies in the movies that are interesting to find. "Something About Mary" and "Office Space" were funny movies.
 Inicia
Msg: 24
Funny movies
Posted: 7/12/2017 5:21:39 PM
I have no idea about your rating scale.. yet the whole theatre was laughing and enjoying. i saw some bad reviews and critiques before i picked the movie, was not going to pick it. my sister explained the error of following other's critiques the critiques can make or break a debut.- so good now the media can effectively perpetuate or propagate a desired status quo and one has no need to evaluate value for oneself. and people with new ideas and outlooks can go lump it....Of course a movie with powerful interesting female roles with little or no male characters except for supporting the female roles.. of course that is just a waste of your theater money. BAD GRAMPA ooooweree that wAS A FUNNY ONE BARELY~ KEPT MY EYES IN THEIR SOCKETS - ROLLING IN DISGUST. All the movies that have been touted on this forum are old movies stale overdone. try something new.

HOWEVER_ LOVED SECOND HAND LIONS_ GREAT CAST-SENSITIVE WRITING> did not mind fewer female characters as they were not used just as objects to support male characters. they served a actual role
 NewYorker58
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Funny movies
Posted: 7/12/2017 5:35:37 PM
For movies like this, I don't consider what a male reviewer has to say. I saw men reviewing Bridesmaids and they're just negative about women being bawdy. That movie was hysterical. I didn't care for Bad Grandpa. I saw clips of Snatched and didn't find them to be funny, but we all have a different sense of humor. What did you think of Trainwreck?
Show ALL Forums  > humor  > Funny movies