Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I challenge you to find something wrong with my profile!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Moominpappa
Msg: 1
view profile
History
I challenge you to find something wrong with my profile!Page 1 of 1    
Hello everyone,

I joined POF not so long ago and I've made it my mission to create amazing profile that would reflect who I am and get me some replies. I've spend a lot of time re-writing different parts of my profile and I believe I finally got it right (I'm still working on some great pics though).

What I'd like you to do is to kindly look at it and find anything that doesn't sound, or looks right. Any, even harsh criticism is much appreciated!

Thanks,

-Pawel
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 2
I challenge you to find something wrong with my profile!
Posted: 12/16/2013 5:54:30 PM
Pawel - I would advise any friend of mine to create a "nice" profile rather than an "amazing" profile. You may indeed be an amazing person, but let the woman figure that out for herself, don't blast it to the entire world. What may happen is that the woman reads your profile and is so awestruck that she gushes out a huge letter swearing undying love and devotion to you. Sound good? It's not. The woman is in love with your "image", she is not in love with "you" who are a person, not an image. This gets very tiring after a string of these, you can imagine what happens when you actually meet in person. BIG LETDOWN !!!
So, first, the username is very close to "police" which will scare off a certain number of people right there.
Second, is "Yarrr" some cute Polish or Canadian word? I'm not familiar with that.
Third, your dog may be cute but it's not a good photo. It's contrasty and busy.
Fourth - Your statements are overly clever, and the "douchebag", well, what if your mother reads this?
Try to be a little nicer with your words, you can always fake it if need be :)
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/16/2013 6:11:05 PM
I'm guessing the headline is a pirate thing? But, it's not clear.

Smile! You look incredibly serious in photos #4 and #5. And you have a neutral expression in the rest of them. A smile would make you approachable.

You claim to have a great sense of humor, but your profile isn't funny.

But honestly, I think it's pretty good.
 ladymercury
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/16/2013 6:43:23 PM
Aside from the fact that you don't live in the dirty nickel capital of the world (and I say this in good humour as someone who obviously revels in my own hometown and for no other reason), you have a wonderfully complete profile.

The text is clear and concise and your photos are presented excellently. You should have no problem finding a suitable match in the beautiful Niagara Region. The falls, wine tours, markets and major attractions abound for you and your date to be.

Good luck finding your match!
 Moominpappa
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2013 7:48:13 PM
Thank you for your replies! Keep them coming as I make some changes to my profile.

and the "douchebag", well, what if your mother reads this?

I think you're right, my mom would not be pleased. I'm glad I deleted it before she got to it though :) I see that the headline was a miss and PurpleZebra12 was right, it's a pirate thing.

As for my photos, I removed "sucky" pic of my dog and I'm planning on adding better quality ones - this time with a nice smile on my face. I think the serious photos are alright as long as I balance them with some positive ones.

I think you might be right with me appearing too "amazing". I didn't want to come off as someone without a flaw, and I thought talking about my shortcomings would do the trick; I guess I will re-visit some of my paragraphs... again. lol.

Take care,

-Pawel
 You go first
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/16/2013 8:18:02 PM
Many of your Interests can be deleted (sleeping, laughing... ) and replaced with specifics that you mention in your profile. Geocaching for example, and Piano.

You may want to put the "accent" information closer to the beginning of the profile so women can read you with an accent!
 tatersprout
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/16/2013 9:29:43 PM
Love the write up, and your pics are great! Just get one with a smile.
 drivingharmony2
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/16/2013 10:57:34 PM
Pawel - personally, your profile reads like a resume versus a dating profile, which by the way, is not necessarily a bad thing. But to make it amazing, I like to read what activities you want to share with me (woman-intended audience.)
Something descriptive, something fun, something romantic? I do like your main profile photo, different. :)
Example: Cooking in the kitchen is my forte' and if you help doing the dishes, I'd be sure to show my appreciation by giving you a gentle kiss on the back of your neck. (ok, a little corny, but you get the idea) :) Good luck!
 motown_cowgirl
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/17/2013 7:54:07 AM
As for my photos, I removed "sucky" pic of my dog

bummer. I'd def. write to you if you if you had one of those.

I didn't see the earlier version(s) but just popped in on this one and I think it looks terrific. you can tweak it but at some point one passes the point of diminishing returns on continual profile changes, and I think you're already there.

good luck and here's your lil' token for a complimentary head smacking on a different POF forum. don't forget to cash it in now. expires 12/28/13 at midnight.

/:-O
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/17/2013 8:41:10 AM
Pawel - You're still stuck on showing off how clever you are , so I guess that's just how a you are, for better or worse. Usernames tell us something, like every other item in your profile, and it must be too ordinary to use Pawel22, or Paulie-something, or some similar easy-to-comprehend name.
You have a series of word choices that might lead one to believe you want an entourage of women, not just one. "Ground control to ladies",,, "I'll be honest here ladies" . If that works for you fine, but realize the vibe you are creating.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2013 8:48:22 AM
Other than the randomly sprinkled, and randomly missing articles that immediately identify you as Eastern European, it looks pretty good.
 tatersprout
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/17/2013 10:47:18 AM
What's wrong with his user name? It's a moot point anyway, since he would have to delete his profile and start over in order to change it.

I stand by my opinion (and that of other women here) that it's a well crafted, witty profile. :)
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/17/2013 12:46:03 PM
"What's wrong with his user name?"
He asked for opinions, didn't he?
So I gave him mine. Twice.
In fact, I knew a guy years ago long before the Internet , very much like our OP. Polish, named "Peter" (probably some variant of his original name), a very fun guy to be around, sharp dresser, very into music, played piano pretty well. His nickname was "Pooch" , he was quite slender and short, maybe 5'6", thick glasses, health issues(bad diabetic), had no money(probably spent it all on clothes),crappy old car, anyway Pooch was an absolute chick magnet, gorgeous girls would actually come to our job and fight over him, like a reality TV show. Black girls, white girls, older, younger, the guy was an absolute killer.
I crack up when I hear the dating experts talk about what women "really" want. Pooch was FUN, and he drove them wild. For real.
 sandytm
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/17/2013 2:59:17 PM
I don't believe a man has a good sense of humour unless he proves it in his writing.

Don't refer to women as "girls".

When you claim it's amazing, it's really a let down to read what you have written. My expectations were high. If you just asked for a review, I'd say it was well-written, but nothing that stands out.

Najlepsze ┼╝yczenia.
 firefly416
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2013 3:56:28 PM
My profile is not funny. In person, I'm a riot.

Your profile is extremely well written. Once in a while you are missing an "a" but not enough for anyone to be confused.

Someday we need to have a vote on here of which female humans object to being called girls. I'm 64 and have never objected. I had 3 great aunts (my grandmother's sisters) who we always called The Girls. They knew everyone referred to them that way. In person we would call each by her own name.

I certainly did not think it was a let down to read your profile.
 Moominpappa
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2013 8:00:51 PM
Thank you for your input. It was interesting to see how my profile is being perceived by others, and I see I've got mixed reviews. All of you know it is not easy to create a compelling profile, so I'm glad I've got a little better at it.

I revised my profile based on your feedback and I think it looks pretty good. I'm still working on photos though (Gee, I wish I had my personal photographer). I'm pretty happy with views and replies as of now, so I'm going to take motown_cowgirl's advice and stop enhancing it.

As for my username, I can change it anytime as an upgraded user.

Thanks guys,
-Pawel

Ps. Now I have to cash in that token...
 sandytm
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/19/2013 9:34:25 AM
Take out the bit about teaching her to swear in Polish and just leave it at pierogi (it's a plural).
Good job.
 p.drake
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/23/2013 9:50:51 PM
Great profile Pawel23, I have to say that it is eye opening to see the same gender have such a cool down to earth attitude that is conveyed in your profile.
I came to this forum for the need to have mine reviewed as well and it gave my first chance to stop by and see yours & know what another guy writes.

Well done.

I have my work cut out for me buddy!! You're making it tough on plebeians cavemen like to to compete in this format.

All the best,

Pete
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > I challenge you to find something wrong with my profile!