Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > The good old profile review!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 2
The good old profile review!Page 1 of 1    
Icey - Even if you ARE the king of the jungle, on POF you need to wear a shirt in photos.
I have met some Aussie women, they are pretty straight-forward but probably would not appreciate your references to lap dancers and fake boobs.
But that's coming from me, and I'm not 22 years old, myself.
 StarshipNarrator
Msg: 4
view profile
History
The good old profile review!
Posted: 12/17/2013 4:27:28 PM

I am currently getting plenty of success using POF, lots of messages and profile views, however I do feel that my profile is not up to it's full potential, and I'm not sure what it is.

.....WHAT?

That's like winning a $1,000 check, going to the bank teller to cash it and then saying to him/her "Dammit, I won $1,000. What the hell am I supposed to do with this?! It's not $1,500, goddammit!"

Well, something like that.

Please keep in mind that I'm 22, and a 22 year old's profile will be different to a 30, 35 or 45 year old's profile.

Are you implying that Profile Reviews is nothing but geezers and mummies?
 You go first
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/17/2013 4:36:38 PM
Please keep in mind that I'm 22, and a 22 year old's profile will be different to a 30, 35 or 45 year old's profile.

Really!? We never would've noticed from the stats on your profile that say your age... thanks, I'll have to get my bifocals cleaned.

There are many universal Do's and Don'ts for profiles of all ages. As yours is working, there's no reason to offer any suggestions. Also - if you can't tell us what the specific problem is so far as contacts/responses, there's no way we can give you feedback. Carry on, sweetie.

Love,
Mummy
 Mala87BB
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/17/2013 4:38:53 PM
Your profile made me roll my eyes twice and sigh once. Pics are great, no need for a change there. I would omit the reference to strippers as well as the 'yes, I'm white'.
 StarshipNarrator
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2013 5:26:24 PM

The two are not even remotely the same. I feel as there can be an IMPROVEMENT with my profile. Let's say my profile is 5/10, and it can be IMPROVED to 8/10. How can winning $1000 be improved to $1500?

Of course it's possible. $1,000 can be improved to $1,500 by winning an additional $500 in the same way that you'd like to win additional attention/success. I was merely saying you've already won. Whether you feel it's a 5/10, an 8/10 or a -100/10 doesn't seem to affect your profile currently. Be careful not to overthink success.

And secondly, I'm not saying that at all, I'm simply saying to keep an open mind and consider the differences between let's say a 20 year old's profile and a 40 year old's profile. It's great that there's a vast age difference.

Sure. But a lot of advice you may receive is applicable to any age group which basically includes: don't be boring, show, don't tell, include what kind of woman you seek, have great pictures, eliminate all negativity, etc.

I was teasing you.

But Mufasa is certainly and verifiably dead. It's been 20 years. He lives on as a group of inexplicably lion-shaped clouds though so that's good.
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/17/2013 8:41:19 PM
The pictures are wonderful. If this wasn't profile review, I wouldn't even read what you have and just message you right away. Picture #7 is my favorite since you're smiling.

Your About Me leaves a bit to be desired though. I'm a stickler for proper grammar, capitalization and punctuation. I find the switching numbers prank to be horrifying, but maybe other women would think it's hilarious. A few sentences come across as very negative. If you don't want messages from smokers and druggies, you can add mail filters. Or just filter in your inbox.

Getting "lots of messages" means you're doing better than average. You won't get replies from everyone or probably not even half of the women you contact. Instead of seeing a 5/10 as an F, imagine being graded on a curve. You're getting a 5/10 while the rest of the class is getting a 1/10.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/18/2013 4:21:34 AM
The thumbnail looks as if you're a cross dresser with poofy hair and a boat neck dress.

That's not the foot I would put forward, especially because you are very good looking.

The write up is boring, and since I detest practical jokes, I would pass you by based on that alone.
 ouija2013
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/18/2013 5:20:06 AM
Have up pictures of what you look like now - last one is much diff than the others.
The Main does you no favor, not sure what the arm up is all about.
The phone number prank - I would lose that as it makes you sound to have a mean streak. My experience is Practical jokers knuckle their eyes when they get pranked.
You repeat yourself - World class cuddler twice.
 tatersprout
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/18/2013 8:56:54 AM
Shirtless pics are against POF rules and can get your profile nuked. Main pic has awkward pose and messy room.
I would change your username--gives off a bad vibe. You have 3 wks from signup and then it's permanent.
You are experiencing "fresh meat syndrome" and the messages will die off. Especially since "wants to date but nothing serious" is date site code for FB, FwB, ONS, etc.
All the South Africans I've met were white, too.
You are giving the impression that you are a drunk party boy prankster. If that fits, leave it in.
What type of woman do you seek?
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > The good old profile review!