Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please give suggestions on my profile.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 2
Please give suggestions on my profile.Page 1 of 1    
Chilton - If you're taking selfies in the mirror, you should be aware that the close distance accentuates your round head, making you appear a bit goofy.
I'll bet you're a cool guy, and plenty of fun to be around, but our task right now is to "polish up your act" for the ladies.
First, some here will tell you that you're short. Chances are you already know that, so let's move on.
Lots of women would take issue dating a barfly, so you might want to address that aspect of your life.
You should however, establish at least SOME urgency to finding your mate,not by saying "Well, I'll just cruise along on the road of life and if I find her that'll be cool" Be a bit more positive, OK? Say "It's important for me to find my mate."
Isn't it?
Also, I look for free stuff on CL myself, but that won't attract women !
Later, , , ,

edit - You know, the pic in the tan sockhat is very good, why not lead with that?
 StarshipNarrator
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Please give suggestions on my profile.
Posted: 12/18/2013 4:07:27 PM

Im Magically Delicious

Screw Lucky Charms. Oatmeal ALL day.

I value humor, the inner child, creativity, and objectiveness.

These are good ideas that you should actually expand on. On their own, they're meaningless words on the page.
 sandytm
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/18/2013 4:55:46 PM
Man, I have a feeling you have a great sense of humor and are fun to be around. I wish you could color that in your writing.
 You go first
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/18/2013 5:27:11 PM
You could use humour in the paragraph about trying new things adding "except for maybe .... (naked jello alligator wrestling) .... " or whatever you come up with.

So far I've only ever had one person willing to try that with me.
 Dobermonster
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/22/2013 12:37:37 AM
I think photo #4 is the best main pic. The one you have up now is a little off-putting as a "hello there" picture. It gives the impression of no personal space, like an overexcited puppy. I don't want to shake hands with someone who has their face in mine. You know what I mean? And also not as representative of how you actually look.
 ManOfAdventure28
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2013 4:09:45 AM
You captured my attention with the opening paragraph.....and I'm not even gay....I was expecting good things and then you got a little serious and boring. Think of your profile as you talking with a friend.....you're relaxed....you're making jokes.....you're not trying to "sell yourself"....in short, you're interacting with someone you know and who already likes you.

Take out the bit about how much you drink....I don't know if I missed something but I wasn't getting an alcoholic vibe off you.....until you started insisting that you weren't one ;)
 Indira46
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2013 8:55:42 AM
Make photo 5 your main.

Change the drinking question to "socially".

Love the first date.
 tatersprout
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/22/2013 9:58:30 AM
Six pack pic makes you look like you have a hugs gut.
Don't like 1st 2 pics either.
You look adorable (in a good way) in the rest.
Drinking >3x/week? That will turn away most women. Delete the disclaimer at bottom. It won't change the heavy drinking implication.

My job involves me screwing, nutting, and bolting. I enjoy it very much. If you don't think you could handle someone who does this it may not work out.
Get rid of negativity.
 You go first
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/22/2013 10:04:05 AM
Good opening!! haha!

Now, change the drinking question to "socially" and lose the explanation.
 firefly416
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2013 11:00:05 AM
Use the 2nd photo or the one in the hat as the main photo. Delete the one you have now. I love your headline. I don't usually actually pay any attention to headlines except here in Profile Reviews.

The written part is good. The first date made me laugh. I think I'd choose washing your truck or car or whatever it was.

Usually short men do better in real life than in online dating. I can tell you have a sense of humor and are probably a riot in person. But even very short women (I'm 5'2") tend to have their settings a little taller than you are. I think mine are set to 5'6" to 6'1". And I don't mean lie about it.
 ouija2013
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/23/2013 5:47:35 AM
I'll give you a bright shiny quarter to lose the two extreme close ups of you. Fine if I wake up in bed and you are that close, unnerving on my screen.
I will give you another to lose that opening. Why make such an issue of your height.. I then scrolled back up to see it - so you had charmed me with the header and the Main, then lost me. :(
You did show a keen sense of humor, then you trailed away. You need to keep up the same energy throughout.

And you would know for a fact what " good honest woman" wants? lol I thought the line was cute.
JMO good luck
 firefly416
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2013 9:23:56 AM
Oh I forgot to say yesterday I love your 6 pack abs! The 2 very close up photos in the green shirt are not doing you any good. If you leave the prayer, change the your to you're.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Please give suggestions on my profile.