Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Tried improving profile, but getting worse results      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 johnny_116
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Tried improving profile, but getting worse resultsPage 1 of 1    
I basically revamped my whole profile recently, but I'm not exactly getting great results. I think my profile is pretty solid, but maybe others see it differently so I'd like to hear some feedback on both the summary and the pictures.

Thanks in advance!
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 2
Tried improving profile, but getting worse results
Posted: 12/19/2013 9:02:10 AM
It looks pretty good to me.
How many messages are you sending out, and what are they like? Can you give an example?
 StarshipNarrator
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2013 9:33:59 AM
Well, if you're getting worse results then that must mean you broke something that was working.

On a scale of 14 to 86, with 31 being the best and 64 being the worst, I think I'm a solid 19! How could you pass that up?

Well on that number scale, you're null because 14 - 30 haven't even been assigned values. So, you exist but you mean nothing. But I digress.

More seriously, I think the problem is that you come off as someone who just wants fun rather than someone who is seeking an actual relationship, dating or any specific romantic goal. It's important to have humor as you've tried to demonstrate in your profile. But when you don't complement it with any actual serious intent, it kind of amounts to a lot of BS. A perfect example of what I'm talking about is this:

I like spontaneity so I don't know where we're going yet. I can tell you that I will be wearing my special cologne. It's illegal in nine countries. It's made with bits of real panther so you know it's good. They've done studies, 60% of the time, it works every time.

It's all BS. However, you can be spontaneous, humorous and insert BS but still give them some idea of what's a good time to you or what you expect on a first date.
 Indira46
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2013 10:44:38 AM
Make photo 2 your main.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/19/2013 12:12:42 PM
Johnny - Congrats, you have some very strong elements to work with. You're already halfway there.
More photos are not necessarily better, #3(jumping off the rocks) is weak, the magenta and the green are weak. That leaves you with 3 strong pics and 1 warm(guitars) pic. I would use the orange as the main because you look great and it pops of the screen, but the umbrella is good too. Like I said, you have strong tools to use right here.
I think your words try too hard to be clever, that is un-necessary- just let your images speak for you ! Rewrite to be simpler and more congenial.
Your headline is cute too, but meaningless unless you back it up with talk about your great cooking, or maybe a recipe for that killer guac. Women love recipes on profiles, btw, don't let anyone tell you different.
p.s. - Keep up your strumming :)
 ouija2013
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/19/2013 12:33:17 PM
One thread per person - bump up the older one ( a few months)
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Tried improving profile, but getting worse results