Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Bring it on :)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LiterateHiker
Msg: 2
Bring it on :) Page 1 of 1    
You are a gorgeous woman and your photos are great. I love your profile. You come across as intelligent, classy and interesting.

"Wants to date but nothing serious" means casual sex with no commitment in online dating parlance. The fact that you put "skinny dipping" as an interest is also a sexual come-on. Are you sure you want to give that impression?

Many men will see "separated" as a deal breaker. You are MARRIED. This will dissuade men who want a relationship.

Interests should be ACTIVITIES you enjoy and would enjoy doing with a man. Choose 12 or 15 activities. Since interests are displayed in three columns, this will give you three equal columns that look sharp on your profile.
 StarshipNarrator
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Bring it on :)
Posted: 12/19/2013 8:19:56 PM

I seem to be getting many guys who are looking for someone to fish and camp with...and who are much older than I am.

Odd. There's nothing about you that screams fishing and camping. They're probably a bunch of geezers just looking for activity partners.

PS...I have shown you mine, please have the courtesy to show me yours...pictures that is ;) And I don't want to see pictures of your "stuff"...we all have cars etc...show me you :) And really...if selfies are all you have it makes one wonder if you are a hermit. If you message me and I don’t message back, it probably means that the attraction is just not there or I don’t think that we share much common ground. It tends to be an all or nothing thing with me and I must feel an intellectual “spark”, as well as a physical one.

There's no real need or benefit to coaching total strangers on how to message you. Sure, state your romantic preferences. But leave it out, gloss over it and deal with it discretely on your own instead of projecting it on your profile. Men will continue messaging your profile even if you set up snipers, crocodile moats and trap doors all around it. They don't care.

The Separated status will always be controversial.
 firefly416
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/19/2013 8:28:40 PM
Well first, they all said you're separated and you have single. If you are not divorced, put separated back. I really don't think men care about that as much as women do, but they care about being mislead.

Other than that your profile is very good. I'd delete the last paragraph partly because men don't care what we write, just how we look. But you might be scaring off some nice guys. The wrong men will show you their stuff anyway they can.
 You go first
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/19/2013 8:36:17 PM
sexy qualities... show your wild side... winky faces... still a bit obvious to the horny ones, a bit disconcerting to the 'classier' ones.

If you have an upper age limit, put it in your email restrictions. Simple.

Or - write to the ones YOU find interesting.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/20/2013 1:44:26 AM
Get rid of the "life" picture, this is against POF rules and can get your profile nuked. All pictures must clearly feature you in them.

It looks good, if you're not getting the right type of guys then use the search and message them.
 32SweetTeeth
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/20/2013 11:14:31 AM
Separated isn't a deal breaker in and of itself, but you might want to clarify the status, e.g. "I'm separated until the paperwork goes through in 3 months".

Since you have a kid (or kids) it's helpful to know if they're grown and gone, or young and with you all the time or somewhere in between.

Putting healthy lifestyle right after talking about cooking sounds like code for vegetarianism (and/or avoiding desserts). Being healthy is very good, but vegetarianism can be a turn-off for us carnivores.
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/20/2013 12:14:21 PM
You said yourself that you get interest, but not the kind you want. I think this is because your profile is sexy visually but not mentally stimulating enough to attract the men you want.
I will break from the pack here and say that your two twin photos are the keepers, the rest don't add anything. The leaning against shot the tree and it's B&W doppelganger are both very strong, and that's all you need visually. If you want to add a few more, keep them for when you send messages, but I see no point.
As for your words, your writing style is right out of "corporate memo 101", instructive perhaps but hardly inspirational. Your "interests" are repetitive:you mention real estate, renovating, interior design, landscaping. Boring, plus where are the backups in your paragraphs below or photographically?
Your headline says passion, your pose says passion, but your words disappoint. That's why your brainy, attractive with-it men don't write you.
 ouija2013
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/20/2013 1:30:09 PM
Some of the photos - you look different, they should all be current.
Your written word.. comes across to me as someone trying a bit too hard to be sexy and coy.
I'd rethink the header and some of the language used.
You say you are classy - what does that mean to you?
 ouija2013
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/20/2013 5:30:40 PM
Might wish to include then where you have traveled, and which books move you
Because of the Anchorman movies classy strikes a chord
You'd be best to msg the Men you find interesting ( can't help with msgs, never msged a a Man
Best of luck with your search
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Bring it on :)