Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Help Please      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Pandoras_Socks
Msg: 1
Help PleasePage 1 of 1    
http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=60334889

Please review.. I am having terrible luck here. I could really use some advice especially from women on what my profile lacks. I would think I have a lot offer the right woman.
 StarshipNarrator
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Help Please
Posted: 12/20/2013 8:40:36 PM
You copied your profile from OKC. Eh.

What your profile lacks is any real incentive for women who are seeking Long-Term (or something else) to message you. For a lack of better words, nothing about it exactly screams that you want an actual relationship. There's no exposition about what you value in women, a potential relationship or even the simple idea of what it's like to be around you. So, people are basically going in cold because they have no idea what to expect or how exactly to approach you.

Even your First Date section fails to really say anything about actual dating. If your intent is truly Long-Term then your profile simply doesn't match up with that.
 Hailey_Smurff
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Help Please
Posted: 12/20/2013 8:44:14 PM
It was a good description of yourself.

But you failed to direct the profile towards dating. This is a dating site, right? Try mention some activities or qualities a possible date may possess that would make her a good match.

If someone can relate to them, then they are more likely to respond or even message.
 Pandoras_Socks
Msg: 4
Help Please
Posted: 12/20/2013 8:50:50 PM
That is certainly something that wasn't apparent to me. But I guess new insight is exactly what this is for. I had avoided putting specifics on what things I value in women, since I like combinations of things and I thought it may turn off potential suitors if I did. I would rather judge for myself if I thought that particular person might be compatible.

I had thought there was plenty on there to judge what I was like, but I guess not..
 You go first
Msg: 5
Help Please
Posted: 12/20/2013 10:49:14 PM
The beard photo is the only decent picture of you and should be your main. (do the kids' parents know you've got their faces on your adult online dating profile?)

The OKC format really doesn't work for this site. Use the same information but in a more (allegorical?) style.
 fieryredhead77
Msg: 6
Help Please
Posted: 12/21/2013 4:31:39 PM
Omg - take out the kid pics! Breech of privacy, seriously. The comment about herding little girls is WEIRD. It is a bad photo too.
 firefly416
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Help Please
Posted: 12/21/2013 9:25:09 PM
Use the 5th photo. The current one will get you 67 year olds. The written part is good. Delete those OKC titles.
Help Please
Posted: 12/22/2013 4:07:56 AM

**On Vacation will reply to messages when I return**

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Expecting bombardment?

Get the best pics possible is the best advise I have for your profile.
The main needs to be "fetching". Look at the camera like you would an attractive woman.

feel free to message me

^^^^^^^^^
Do not sound like you expect women to message you first.

Other than the pics and" feel free" statement, I think its fine.
 PurpleZebra12
Msg: 9
Help Please
Posted: 12/22/2013 1:10:11 PM
...why not just leave the profile as is and answer messages when you return? It's not likely a woman will find your profile and bookmark it until after the holidays. You can reply with "Sorry I didn't reply immediately! I was home for the holidays."
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 10
Help Please
Posted: 12/22/2013 1:18:01 PM
^^^^^^
Tell you what, I'm on vacation too and will review your profile in a few weeks.
Doesn't make you feel very special, does it?
 ouija2013
Msg: 11
Help Please
Posted: 12/22/2013 2:25:19 PM
I wonder how old he will be then?
You need to have your correct age
The leave a msg made me laugh out loud.
Are you going to someplace you can't check POF? Does such a place exist?
 fieryredhead77
Msg: 12
Help Please
Posted: 12/22/2013 10:29:57 PM
^^^rural Sudan? I have a feeling they have WiFi there too...
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Help Please
Posted: 12/25/2013 9:07:02 AM

** On X-mas vacation**

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Still expecting bombardments and can't bother to spell Christmas. Gee, You fail again.

I have a feeling they have WiFi there too...

He's not on vacation, me thinks he's on a VACASHUN of the" X rated" kind, not Christmas.

Who ya "vacationing" with that you can't be caught logging on to POF op?
 Pandoras_Socks
Msg: 14
Help Please
Posted: 1/7/2014 2:21:45 PM
Jesus people.. I was gone 2 weeks on an ice fishing trip in northern WI. No I don't have internet access there. Why were you all obsessing over such a trivial thing? Were you all stuck at home with no one to be with for X-mas??
 firefly416
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Help Please
Posted: 1/7/2014 2:58:18 PM
Well yes actually some of us were home alone from Christmas. Thanks for rubbing that in while you were out having fun. Meet anyone?
 ouija2013
Msg: 16
Help Please
Posted: 1/7/2014 3:15:21 PM
I wasn't alone. Glad to see you repay strangers kindness with digs. Not only telling of character but ppl can read your posting history - you know, if they are looking for a sweet man to date
Ha! from Op's profile " I think I am one of the kindest people I know"
but your age is wrong, how did that happen?
Never good to have a profile with a disclaimer, then ppl wonder what else is not correct.
Best of luck
 tatersprout
Msg: 17
Help Please
Posted: 1/7/2014 3:17:51 PM
Geez, relax. They were just having a little fun.

I'm not good at describing myself,but I think I'm one of the kindest people I know.. I'll feed you a funny thing instead that will give the best look into how my life works.
Recently, while trying to console me over my frustration with women, a friend told me, "You're young, attractive, & healthy. You have no substance problems, no criminal record, no financial/credit problems, no family issues, no jealous ex-partners, no dependents, & no sexual hang-ups. You've traveled widely, and are cosmopolitan & open-minded. You're loyal, honest, politically astute, and passionate about conservation & human rights. You're the smartest guy I know, articulate, creative, & ambitious. On top of all that, you're going to complete your degrees at a range of prestigious US universities."
So he then asks, "What is your problem?"
"In short," I replied, "I'm not real."
I know it's meant to be funny, but not sure how it will go over. Looks like a sneaky way to toot your own horn. It's original, anyway.

Still has the format from another dating site which just looks like you were too lazy to be original.
 Pandoras_Socks
Msg: 18
Help Please
Posted: 1/7/2014 6:11:47 PM
It looked more like personal attacks to me, thus why I was up in arms. I can usually tell when comments are in good fun and vice versa... Anyway I got what I needed from this thread. I have a couple dates this weekend, so we will see how it goes.

Thanks to those who provided [u]constructive[/u] criticism
 GreenThumbz18
Msg: 19
Help Please
Posted: 1/7/2014 7:05:41 PM
"Jesus people.. I was gone 2 weeks on an ice fishing trip in northern WI. No I don't have internet access there. Why were you all obsessing over such a trivial thing? Were you all stuck at home with no one to be with for X-mas??"

Pretty simple, , , you asked people for their help, but you weren't going to be here anyway. No one here gets compensated for helping others to avoid the frustration commonly found in these pursuits. Kind of like leaving a bunch of paint and brushes, on your front porch, and hanging a sign "Please paint my house and do a good job. I will be back to inspect in 2 weeks."
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Help Please